AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AP: Pennington impresses new teammates at first practice with Dolphins

I love the part that they leave out about him throwing 2 int's in practice one of those being a pick six in the endzone. I understand that its his first day of practice but the guy didn't look any better than Henne and they are acting like he's going to save us his year. I personally and rooting for Henne to really push for the starting position. Take his lumps this year just like Peyton did his first year and learn from it. We are rebuilding might as well get him some experience and not worry about our record this year, just get these young guys some experience under their belts and next year we will be much better and the year after that maybe even contenders.

I agree to some extent... but there's a difference between being a rebuilding team and being the laughing stock of the NFL. I'm okay if we go like 5-11 or something, but we can't only win one game again this year...

I think the addition of Pennington alone will win us a game or to just due to him being smart with the football and managing the game. Who cares if he only throws 15 yards or less as long as he's accurate and can move the chains. If Ricky and Ronnie run like they can, the play-action will open up and atleast defenses have to respect Pennington's ability. If nothing else he'll be able to complete a lot more 3rd downs than any QB we've had in a while... give our defense some time to rest... something they haven't had in like 8 years.

I'm just happy he's here. He's gonna give this team something to work with and help the young guys develop.

So how do those 7 yard floaters look? I still cant believe he is a Dolphin, especially after getting into arguments here when you guys hated on him. lol.

bro go read half the posts when we played the jets all they did is talk crap about his noodle arm. now hes a fin and its ilke what noodle arm? no such thing. lmaoo its typical fan base in this world bro. FAKENESS all around. PPL bash on RW, he comes back they jump on his jock. ppl hate moss, TO, and CJ but the second one comes to miami they will jump on him like a man jumping on a toilet seat due to diahrea (sp).

I love the part that they leave out about him throwing 2 int's in practice one of those being a pick six in the endzone. I understand that its his first day of practice but the guy didn't look any better than Henne and they are acting like he's going to save us his year. I personally and rooting for Henne to really push for the starting position. Take his lumps this year just like Peyton did his first year and learn from it. We are rebuilding might as well get him some experience and not worry about our record this year, just get these young guys some experience under their belts and next year we will be much better and the year after that maybe even contenders.

So we don't try and win? That's your logic? Why would fans even show up to the see the games (yeah no one really does anyway, haha yippy).

You still try and win when you rebuild your roster. And for Pennington, so he threw some INTs. Is that so unbelievable? The dude has been a Phin for one practice, I seriously doubt he has any cohesion with anyone on the offensive side of the ball.

So we don't try and win? That's your logic? Why would fans even show up to the see the games (yeah no one really does anyway, haha yippy).

You still try and win when you rebuild your roster. And for Pennington, so he threw some INTs. Is that so unbelievable? The dude has been a Phin for one practice, I seriously doubt he has any cohesion with anyone on the offensive side of the ball.
I think to many people get fixated on this whole rebuilding thing. Just because a team is rebuilding doesnt mean that you give up your best opportunity for success. People wanting Chad Henne to start a ball game just because he's younger can hurt him long term, and can also hinder the progression of our WR's. Its better for the offense as a whole to have a vet under center in order to let Henne progress/learn on the bench and also it lets the WR's go out there and make there mistakes and learn while not having to worry about Hennes mistakes(that come with being a rookie). Bottom line is that i think it would not be very wise to have a Young QB throwing to a Young WR.

I really never thought of cp as a great QB, but this guy beat us just about every time he played against us. And for a "noodle arm" I remember plenty of times he burnt us deep,especially late in games!

Pennington was always scary to compete against (when healthy). The way our team played against him, i was quite justified to be scared of him.

I have always felt similarly. Mind you, he annoyed the hell out of me, but he was always scary in his prime. Let's just hope he still has it.

So how do those 7 yard floaters look? I still cant believe he is a Dolphin, especially after getting into arguments here when you guys hated on him. lol.

Finheaven didnt make the decision to sign him so how are we at fault?

Good to hear. I was pretty much against signing Pennington before it happened. Though everything I've heard about him since has made me change my mind. If he brings everything to the table that is said about him and helps Henne develop...I'm happy.

ROFL. We hated him because all he did was kick our ***** nearly every time he played us.:(

I think to many people get fixated on this whole rebuilding thing. Just because a team is rebuilding doesnt mean that you give up your best opportunity for success. People wanting Chad Henne to start a ball game just because he's younger can hurt him long term, and can also hinder the progression of our WR's. Its better for the offense as a whole to have a vet under center in order to let Henne progress/learn on the bench and also it lets the WR's go out there and make there mistakes and learn while not having to worry about Hennes mistakes(that come with being a rookie). Bottom line is that i think it would not be very wise to have a Young QB throwing to a Young WR.

Excellent point! This is very important for developing Ginn, Hagan, and any other young receiver. I have a feeling that Henne will get his playing time, but hopefully it is limited to very minor injuries for Chad P.

Troy Aikman in his debut year looked awful
Bret Favre, rookie year in Atl looked pathetic
Josh McCown, has had his chances, and hasnt shown anything out of the ordinary
Pennington, Beck, and Henne, to me, sounds like a good start

True, but the guy wins ball games. For the first time since Marino retired, we now have a bonafide starting caliber NFL QB.

The guy wins ball games? Of the 8 games he started last year the only one he managed to win was against us, the worst team in the league. Excuse me if I'm not that excited.

I will admit though, that I am glad we signed him. He is still a better option than what we have. And if he can start winning games like he used to then that's great.

IMO, it's a good signing. I'll hold the excitement back until he starts winning games for us though.

Back
Top Bottom