Apologies.Tony Pollard inst a FA until 2023. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies.Tony Pollard inst a FA until 2023.

Him and Gallup. Come on down.

At this point in their careers, and after what Pollard has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke were the one to hit the open market and Pollard gets extended. Zeke isn't what he used to be, he's dropped off a bit...
My cousin is a Cowboys fan, and he is definitely no longer a fan of Elliot.

I am open to Philip Lindsay being a solution to a RB upgrade.

This thinking is exactly why our running backs room is garbage. This ridiculous expectation that you just find good RBs anywhere. It's absolutely an idiotic argument. Good talent costs money and is hard to find.
I agree with the general premise that good RBs aren’t nearly as easy to find as people make it seem, but I do think the draft is clearly the best option as opposed to high priced free agents.

More interested in Michael Gallup who's a very underrated WR behind Lamb and Cooper. Don't want Pollard, nothing against him but I am not paying for a free agent RB. Draft one every 3 years and run them into the ground until they die. Wash, rinse and repeat at the RB position.

is he that much better and worth a lot more money than Lindsay and Gaskin
Do you like having a RB that defenses actually respect and have to spend time scheming vs them and calling run defensive plays?
No one respects our running game. I do like both Lindsay and Gaskin though for dual RB2s. I seriously doubt anyone even bothers to defend our run purposefully.
Pollard, is a game breaker. He can take it to the house on any given play. That is invaluable.

At this point in their careers, and after what Pollard has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke were the one to hit the open market and Pollard gets extended. Zeke isn't what he used to be, he's dropped off a bit...
Didn't even think of that possibility. But, you could be right on the money.

I’d look at signing Michael Gallup as well.

There are quite a few cap strapped teams we might be able to poach players from at a discount too.

He's going into his 4th year next year. Free agent in 2023.

Dallas doesn't trade cheap talent to get picks, either. Jerry has the mind set that every year they can win it all.
So I expect him to play out 2022 in dallas, unless some team were to give a stupid no brainer type compensation
If this is the case, I apologize. I just read an article talking about him leaving Dallas next year. I assumed he was at his end of contract.

You draft running backs and use them for their first contract…you should not sign veteran high priced running backs ever!
According to who? Every team has resigned their Bellcows to second contracts.
Teams that gave big 2nd contracts to their RB1 recently.

Green Bay.
Tennessee.
Dallas.
Cleveland.

What do these teams have in common?
I guess the easier question is: what team didn't resign their top tier RB to a 2nd contract? I can't remember one.

Last edited:
More interested in Michael Gallup who's a very underrated WR behind Lamb and Cooper. Don't want Pollard, nothing against him but I am not paying for a free agent RB. Draft one every 3 years and run them into the ground until they die. Wash, rinse and repeat at the RB position.
Gallup, Waddle and draft Chris Olave for your wr trio with Hollins, Bowden and Merritt as your reserves. Maybe bring in a cheap vet and late draft pick or udfa to compete with Merrit and and Bowden. I have no problem taking Fuller's $$$ and offering it to Gallup.

According to who? Every team has resigned their Bellcows to second contracts.
Teams that gave big 2nd contracts to their RB1.
Green Bay.
Tennessee.
Dallas.
Cleveland.

What do these teams have in common?
But do you see a big diffrence in the w/l column between teams that paid big $$$ for rbs and teams that didn't? Seems like you can win in the league with or without making that large investment if you build your team properly.

Back
Top Bottom