Apologies.Tony Pollard inst a FA until 2023. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apologies.Tony Pollard inst a FA until 2023.

But do you see a big diffrence in the w/l column between teams that paid big $$$ for rbs and teams that didn't? Seems like you can win in the league with or without making that large investment if you build your team properly.
What? Green Bay is arguably the best team in football. They signed a contract with Aaron Jones for top money.
The only reason other top teams didnt sign theirs is cause don't have one to begin with.
The best teams run the ball. If not with their RB1 it's their QB.
You gotta run to be successful in this league. How is that not common sense?

What? Green Bay is arguably the best team in football. They signed a contract with Aaron Jones for top money.
The only reason other top teams didnt sign theirs is cause don't have one to begin with.
The best teams run the ball. If not with their RB1 it's their QB.
You gotta run to be successful in this league. How is that not common sense?
Sure we can say you need to run the ball to be successfull, but the question is do you have to pay top level $$$$ on rbs to run the ball? As for Aaron Jones, I think he's a good back, but he's only led the Packers in rush attempts once since the end of September, so I would say the Packers rushing attack is more of a tandem situation and do you really one to over pay to split carries? I mean if Miami brought in a back and gave him top 5 rb $$$ would we be ok with that back then splitting carries equally with a rookie, Gaskin or Lindsay next season?

Sure we can say you need to run the ball to be successfull, but the question is do you have to pay top level $$$$ on rbs to run the ball? As for Aaron Jones, I think he's a good back, but he's only led the Packers in rush attempts once since the end of September, so I would say the Packers rushing attack is more of a tandem situation and do you really one to over pay to split carries? I mean if Miami brought in a back and gave him top 5 rb $$$ would we be ok with that back then splitting carries equally with a rookie, Gaskin or Lindsay next season?
The best teams pay theirs. If we had one, ya you pay them. Who doesn't pay them? Is there anyone that doesn't?
Pollard, is a rare case as Dallas has salary cap issues and already signed Elliot to a big contract. Cleveland is the only team that gave 2 big contracts to both backs. Chubb and Hunt both got paid. The point I'm making to the "never give 2nd contracts to Bellcows" is that that is just absurd as every team does resign them.
Look, before we argue about this, we need to realize we don't have a Bellcow, so I'm thinking this point is moot.

Last edited:
The best teams pay theirs. If we had one, ya you pay them. Who doesn't pay them? Is there anyone that doesn't?
Pollard, is a rare case as Dallas has salary cap issues and already signed Elliot to a big contract. Cleveland is the only team that gave 2 big contracts to both backs. Chubb and Hunt both got paid. The point I'm making to the "never give 2nd contracts to Bellcows" is that that is just absurd as every does.
Look, before we argue about this, we need to realize we don't have a Bellcow, so I'm thinking this point is moot.
I agree if you have a young bell cow back I have no problem giving him his 2nd contract. I was talking more from the point about a team going out and trying to sign a fa back from another team and paying top end money. Sure a team an do that and be successful, but just like with many things in the NFL there are more ways to skin a cat and you can be just as successful signing a 2nd tier rb or drafting a rb as you would be signing one in free agency to top 5 rb $$$. But I agree if Miami had Jones or Henry at rb I would spend to kep him, especially if my qb is still on a cheaper rookie deal and I have the cap space.

I agree if you have a young bell cow back I have no problem giving him his 2nd contract. I was talking more from the point about a team going out and trying to sign a fa back from another team and paying top end money. Sure a team an do that and be successful, but just like with many things in the NFL there are more ways to skin a cat and you can be just as successful signing a 2nd tier rb or drafting a rb as you would be signing one in free agency to top 5 rb $$$. But I agree if Miami had Jones or Henry at rb I would spend to kep him, especially if my qb is still on a cheaper rookie deal and I have the cap space.
And here is the craziest part, RB is the cheapest paid position in the NFL. The very best backs make 12 million a year. I'm pretty sure every other position makes more and in most cases a ton more. I too WR costs 20+ million. Bellcows are dirt cheap.

According to who? Every team has resigned their Bellcows to second contracts.
Teams that gave big 2nd contracts to their RB1 recently.

Green Bay.
Tennessee.
Dallas.
Cleveland.

What do these teams have in common?
I guess the easier question is: what team didn't resign their top tier RB to a 2nd contract? I can't remember one.

And In the last 10 years…those franchises have 0 Super Bowl appearances.

Tennessee has a super back that you will never touch while he is productive and that their team relies on more than their QB…we’ve witnessed this year how dangerous that can be for them…..

And In the last 10 years…those franchises have 0 Super Bowl appearances.

Tennessee has a super back that you will never touch while he is productive and that their team relies on more than their QB…we’ve witnessed this year how dangerous that can be for them…..
Let's pull the gloves off. Tennessee owes everything to Henry. Henry produced 76% of their offense. Ya, it's that ridiculous.
You take a WR worth 22 million and compare him to a 12 million dollar back? What do you see? You see how ridiculous the production of a RB is, is all you'll see. A Bellcow worth 12 million produces double that of a 22 million dollar WR. Prove me wrong.
Bellcows , are an absolute bargain for their production. Or do you think production and points don't equate to success? Do you not think 2000 yards rushing and 17 TDs vs 1200 yards and 9 TDs is ridiculously lopsided? That 2000 yards and 17 TDs is a Running back with 7 years in the league. You'd think that would destroy your argument, but it doesn't because you zealously believe the RB position is a garbage throw away position.
You don't think about how brutal a good running back is on defenses. You watched the last Super bowl but your brain didn't register Fournette being unstoppable in the 4th quarter to seal the game. I realize you have a very shallow grasp of of the actual game of football because you've probably never played a down; but, why is that? Why do teams that can run dominate when they have the lead late? Have you ever, in your life tackled a RB? Have you tackled a beast RB for 4 quarters? Of course you haven't. When you face a team with a punishing Bellcow, the last thing you want to do on this Earth is tackle that RB in the 4th quarter. You're body is so sore and shattered, that words can't even describe how little your will is, to tackle them. All you want, with all your being is for that game to end.
What you're lacking is the understanding of actually playing the game and just how invaluable a punishing RB is.
I wish for just once that you were tasked with tackling Henry for 60 minutes. You would be in absolute hell. I know, Ive had to do it.
Have you?

I'll take it a step further. Do some research and compare the top RB vs the top WR over the last 10 years and then compare their salary. I'll wait...

Last edited:
We didn't draft them though. Proving that they aren't a dime a dozen.
Point is we could have easily, but chose not to, so they can be found in the draft depending upon the draft class and one’s commitment towards drafting one.

Let's pull the gloves off. Tennessee owes everything to Henry. Henry produced 76% of their offense. Ya, it's that ridiculous.
You take a WR worth 22 million and compare him to a 12 million dollar back? What do you see? You see how ridiculous the production of a RB is, is all you'll see. A Bellcow worth 12 million produces double that of a 22 million dollar WR. Prove me wrong.
Bellcows , are an absolute bargain for their production. Or do you think production and points don't equate to success? Do you not think 2000 yards rushing and 17 TDs vs 1200 yards and 9 TDs is ridiculously lopsided? That 2000 yards and 17 TDs is a Running back with 7 years in the league. You'd think that would destroy your argument, but it doesn't because you zealously believe the RB position is a garbage throw away position.
You don't think about how brutal a good running back is on defenses. You watched the last Super bowl but your brain didn't register Fournette being unstoppable in the 4th quarter to seal the game. I realize you have a very shallow grasp of of the actual game of football because you've probably never played a down; but, why is that? Why do teams that can run dominate when they have the lead late? Have you ever, in your life tackled a RB? Have you tackled a beast RB for 4 quarters? Of course you haven't. When you face a team with a punishing Bellcow, the last thing you want to do on this Earth is tackle that RB in the 4th quarter. You're body is so sore and shattered, that words can't even describe how little your will is, to tackle them. All you want, with all your being is for that game to end.
What you're lacking is the understanding of actually playing the game and just how invaluable a punishing RB is.
I wish for just once that you were tasked with tackling Henry for 60 minutes. You would be in absolute hell. I know, Ive had to do it.
Have you?

I'll take it a step further. Do some research and compare the top RB vs the top WR over the last 10 years and then compare their salary. I'll wait...

You didn’t pay attention….I said Henry is an anomaly, someone you’ll never sign in his prime away from Tennessee.

This is why you don’t spend big free agent dollars on a position with a short life span….you draft them and replace them.

Miami’s mistake is not drafting a runner, year after year…period!

This thinking is exactly why our running backs room is garbage. This ridiculous expectation that you just find good RBs anywhere. It's absolutely an idiotic argument. Good talent costs money and is hard to find.
So two years ago I was all about spending a 2nd round pick for this running back named Jon Taylor..man I wanted that dude..

I didn’t follow some philosophy that I could get someone later because he was imo a game changer at the position.(

He was very talented, super fast, instinctive, good hands, thought he should of been a first round pick…and he passed right by us in the 2nd because it looks like our GM felt the same we this guy does.

Taylor might win NFL MVP this year..

Pollard, is a rare case as Dallas has salary cap issues and already signed Elliot to a big contract. Cleveland is the only team that gave 2 big contracts to both backs. Chubb and Hunt both got paid. The point I'm making to the "never give 2nd contracts to Bellcows" is that that is just absurd as every team does resign them.
Out of the top 10 paid RBs, only the Cowboys, Titans, Bengals, Packers and Broncos have a winning record right now...

Do you like having a RB that defenses actually respect and have to spend time scheming vs them and calling run defensive plays?
No one respects our running game. I do like both Lindsay and Gaskin though for dual RB2s. I seriously doubt anyone even bothers to defend our run purposefully.
Pollard, is a game breaker. He can take it to the house on any given play. That is invaluable.
Who wouldn’t want a back that teams have to game play for? My only take is even spending money on any fa back, we still need offensive lineman….

Back
Top Bottom