Apology to Mr. Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apology to Mr. Williams

DolphinKarma

Backup QB
Reaction score
I will be the first to say it at the end of this season.

Ricky...I am very sorry.

You have had a wonderful year and proved many people wrong. Last year I wore your jersey with duct tape over your name because of the shame I felt and the jibes I'd taken. Many people, myself included, felt that you could not or would not change. We were wrong.

Going into next year, provided you are still with us, we will have a dynamic tandem of youth and experience that will hopefully once again carry us to glory.

Forget the other posts and poise yourself for another fantastic season as running back for one of the most historic franchises in NFL history.

Should you not return, I will definitely treasure the moments you have given us, win or lose. Take care and god speed.

DolphinKarma said:

Ricky...I am very sorry.

You have had a wonderful year and proved many people wrong. Last year I wore your jersey with duct tape over your name because of the shame I felt and the jibes I'd taken. Many people, myself included, felt that you could not or would not change. We were wrong.

Going into next year, provided you are still with us, we will have a dynamic tandem of youth and experience that will hopefully once again carry us to glory.

Forget the other posts and poise yourself for another fantastic season as running back for one of the most historic franchises in NFL history.

Should you not return, I will definitely treasure the moments you have given us, win or lose. Take care and god speed.

Well said. I, too, was one of the "I hate Ricky" fans from last year. Never in a million years did I think I'd change my mind. And yet I'm wishing, hoping, praying that he'll be in a Fins uniform next year.

Good post. I was never a "hate Ricky" fan at all. I never once even thought about it eather. Im happy others are realising that too.

I think Ricky cut alot of us, but if the way hes been playing and if he continues, that cut will heal, and the scar will be hard to see. Run Ricky Run....aslong as your with the dolphins. ---LOOK FORWARD TO 2006 BABY---

DolphinKarma said:

Ricky...I am very sorry.

Ditto

Great Post. I was happy to have him back personally and I would love to have him back again for years to come.

I was mad and hurt at what he did last year too. But I think his new philosophy has changed him for the better. He may still be a little quirky, but when is the last time a professional athlete said he was making enough money and didn't need any more and actually meant it?

GO DOLPHINS IN 2006!!!

I as well

I too heaped scorn on Ricky as soon as I heard he was coming back. My own prediction was that he would never see any time in a dolphins Uniform in the regular season. Really doubt he reads this, but he has shown more heart then most players in the NFL. And to win the Good Guy award from the media as well, shows that he has really come around with his disorder. Congrats man, and wish you all the best in the off season. You sure fooled me and most people on this BBS.

Actually my one buddy went down to the Titans-Miami game on Christmas Eve. He is a die hard Titans fan and was the first at heaping scorn on me as soon as Ricky both retired and then came back. Thanks for having him witness first hand what a true #1 RB can do for a team when Ricky dumped that 170+ yards on his beloved losers.

DolphinKarma said:

Ricky...I am very sorry.

Outstanding post, I too hope that Ricky is here next year, I feel we will not get any value for him through trade that can match the value he gives us on the field!

excellant post, as you can see by my screen name i was never a ricky hater, i understand the anxiety he deals with, and people that dont suffer from anxiety will NEVER understand that, the one with anxiety deals withfor 3 years i dealt with it and learned how to beat it but anxiety keeps your life basically sheltered into you can learn it is just an unrealistic fear.. go ricky and i hope to see you next year! i'd like to see him make that website runrickrun again lets go miami

Good thread. I was pi$$ed at Ricky last year... very glad that he returned and shined not only on the field but off too. I think that Ronnie will really grow with Ricky on the team... One more positive for Mr Saban and the organization also..

I love what Ricky has done for us...he just needs to trim his mountain man beard a little. :lol:

DolphinKarma said:

Ricky...I am very sorry.

why apologize though? i too am glad he is back and that he has changed his ways but what he did and more importantly how he did it still was wrong - i don't know if i'll ever forgive him for that...

Back
Top Bottom