Apology to Mr. Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Apology to Mr. Williams

d-day said:
why apologize though? i too am glad he is back and that he has changed his ways but what he did and more importantly how he did it still was wrong - i don't know if i'll ever forgive him for that...

I agree with the first part of what you're saying. I don't think anyone owes Ricky an apology just as I don't think Ricky owed anybody one. I think it was a nice gesture that Ricky said what he did coming back, and I think this is also a nice gesture. It isn't as though Ricky owed anybody anything or the fans owed Ricky anything, though.

As to you forgiving him, that's your thing. I don't get that, but I'm not trying to attack you for it. You're just a very different person than I am if you feel so bitterly about it.

d-day said:
why apologize though? i too am glad he is back and that he has changed his ways but what he did and more importantly how he did it still was wrong - i don't know if i'll ever forgive him for that...

DITTO that!!!

He owed his teamates, and us fans the appology though, not the other way around. So I don't quite understand the thinking of this thread. If it makes him feel better though, go for it.

Don't forget what Wanny's offence was about "give it to Ricky" he just quit a bad job.
Ricky didn't destroy this team in 2004 he knew the Fins were done.
If Ricky had staued we may still have Wanny.
I thank him.

KPDolfan424 said:
I think Ricky cut alot of us, but if the way hes been playing and if he continues, that cut will heal, and the scar will be hard to see. Run Ricky Run....aslong as your with the dolphins. ---LOOK FORWARD TO 2006 BABY---

Ditto:dolphins:

P.S. I'm not sorry I threw your jersey away.

fin13 said:
Don't forget what Wanny's offence was about "give it to Ricky" he just quit a bad job.
Ricky didn't destroy this team in 2004 he knew the Fins were done.
If Ricky had staued we may still have Wanny.
I thank him.

OK Ricky :cry:

I can't say I wasn't dissappointed when he left, particularly with the timing,
and while I never posted anything disparaging toward him, I wasn't a member then, and can't say I wouldn't have unleashed a bit of foulness to his regard.:rolleyes:

If I had, I would clearly understand the sentiments of this original poster, given Ricky's remarkable display of fortitude this season.
Did I believe he had some making up to do? Yes.
Would it be possible for him to erase the damage he'd inflicted, and the reprehensible sense of desertion engraved in my memory?
I would have never expected it, but he's wiped the slate clean, I've totally forgivin him, as hes re-established himself, with honor and class.

He however, will always remain unpredictable from my perspective.

Jimmy James said:
I agree with the first part of what you're saying. I don't think anyone owes Ricky an apology just as I don't think Ricky owed anybody one. I think it was a nice gesture that Ricky said what he did coming back, and I think this is also a nice gesture. It isn't as though Ricky owed anybody anything or the fans owed Ricky anything, though.

As to you forgiving him, that's your thing. I don't get that, but I'm not trying to attack you for it. You're just a very different person than I am if you feel so bitterly about it.

nah bro - believe me - i've moved on - i'm not so bitter as much as i just can't forgive him for it... i've made my peace with it and glad he's back...

Yeah, I burned my Ricky Williams jersey in 2004. I did it because of what he did to the Dolphins that year. Walking out at the last minute was a horrible thing to do. But I have always felt that Ricky had good reasons to want out that year. Wanny was running him into the ground. He was taking a beating. It made me sick sometimes. But I still couldn't justify Ricky bailing out on the team at the last minute.

After his apology in 2005, I accepted him back instantly. I was excited to see him back on the field with the Dolphins again. I will never wear his jersey again though. That was something of the past. Now I simply enjoy watching him run for Miami. That is enough. The guy that runs fo Miami now is different than the guy that ran back in 2002 & 2003. I'm looking forward to what he brings to the field in 2006.

I was on the "I dont want him back" bandwagon at the beginning of the year. As the year has gone on though, I cant help but like the guy more each week. Sounds like he has been an excellent teammate on and off the field this year.
Looking back, I think he was selfish for the timing of his decision. At the same time though, I was pissed at him for a selfish reason of my own. I wanted to see the Fins win games. I didnt care if he was having problems/didnt want to play the game any longer, I just wanted him to run the ball 20 times and win games. I think most if not all of us have reached a point where we feel like we just want to pack what we can fit in our vehicle, and go somewhere else and start over. I think thats where he was at last year.
Also, I believe it was Randy Cross today said that he (Ricky) was asked about "only" making the minimum this year, and Ricky responded by saying something like "thats still alot of money, alot of people would be happy with that." I dont remember the exact quote, but in the world of todays athletes....how refreshing! Take a note from Ricky, TO!

I always thought people were crazy for hate'n on him.

And this thread still needs a few more people to step up.

d-day said:

That says more about you than it does ricky believe it or not. If you cannot except someone changing their ways and becoming a more mature and understanding person, then you are one who needs reformation. sorry to bust on you, but this is how I felt all along about Ricky coming back. What did we have to lose in bringing him back with Nick Saban in charge? It shows leadership and understanding and it builds characters on football teams.

Thank God for Nick Saban.

Jimmy James said:

I agree 100%. Why appologize to him?? Why don't ya just kiss his asssss a little more. :shakeno: That is what gave him the..."i'm above everyone and can do what I want when I want" .....attitude to begin with.

MikeO said:
F' Ricky!

Yeah screw the guy the guy who helped us win yesterday and other games this year. Screw the guy who will never get penalized for excessive celebration.

Back
Top Bottom