Aponte Big part of the Problem | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte Big part of the Problem

I don't know how she is being considered for GM. Look her up and everything talks about her being a salary cap genius. She is not qualified to be GM. Not being harsh it's just she is a financial person and deals with administration stuff and the cap not player personnel.

Who is considering her for a gm spot. The media or Ross?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

I'm not buying this whole "power-play" thing. I think this may be a lot of presumption and/or sour-grapes coming from someone close to JI. Even if it were a power-play, it got rid of JI, so it can't be all bad. Let's see how this all plays out before we go around pointing fingers.

Me neither, this started last year. I think Ireland started leaking negative info to the m0r0n who writes those articles, or one of his buddies did. There have been a series of these and all were equally petty and seemed to all have a purpose behind them

It is REALLY unfortunate that people take anything that guy writes at face value. He is able to constantly make sure that the Dolphins get bad press with the national media

and...

all based on nothing more than his pettiness and bottomless spite & animosity

Ireland should have been fired, yes. He voiced his displeasure over the poor coaching during the final two games of the season, fact & fact. Aponte, acting like a typical high school girl, goes to Philbin & informs him of the two truths. Based on causing distrust within the front office & the coaching staff she should be fired. She does accounting & negociations, do you know how many accountants there are in this country? But again Ireland should have still been fired. His poor draft classes & completely ignoring the oline this year can not be overlooked.

Aponte is the money, people. I don't care if she controls the purse (no pun intended), while the player personnel people focus on the talent. Plus, if she helped get rid of Ireland, for at least the time being, she's aces with me.

If she does something to screw that up later, so be it. But it will be based on her actions/in-actions going forward.

Post Script: We really don't know how things played out behind the scenes. It's likely she ratted Jeffy out, but it's just as likely she was looking out for the best interest of the organization. Either way, perhaps she gets that NFL office job and all this becomes mute.

If the talking heads in the national media say that this is going to be a problem there may be something to it. I don't think she's revered in Cleveland, and we know she went to Philbin with 'dirt' from Ireland. This sets up a tenuous situation for the new GM knowing the Executive VP and head coach are close allies. :ponder:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aponte is the money, people. I don't care if she controls the purse (no pun intended), while the player personnel people focus on the talent. Plus, if she helped get rid of Ireland, for at least the time being, she's aces with me.

If she does something to screw that up later, so be it. But it will be based on her actions/in-actions going forward.

Post Script: We really don't know how things played out behind the scenes. It's likely she ratted Jeffy out, but it's just as likely she was looking out for the best interest of the organization. Either way, perhaps she gets that NFL office job and all this becomes mute.

If she keeps a Gamble or another quality GM from wanting the gig, I would have a huge problem with her. HUGE.

Aponte must go if we want a good Gm to come in here! Dawn Aponte is the definition of a freaking snake. All she is is a figurehead to champion women's rights. What has she done to prove she knows two ****s about football? She is using everyone of you that thinks she is more than a pant suit in a chair. She is using our franchise as a spring board to go sit at the NFL's round table with the rest of her snake friends!
Ross is dumb enough to take the bait to appease all the libs and push the cause of women in the FO of football teams! GMAB

You lost me at "libs".... Don't like FOX NEWS/Limbaugh political horse crap mixed in with my DOLPHINS.

Aponte is the solution. Aponte rules. She is now my favorite Dolphin FO person of all time!

Who is considering her for a gm spot. The media or Ross?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Everyone is saying she will get more power or has significant say in things. The only way she can would be if she becomes GM or vice president of football operations. Don't think she is qualified for either. How can she be a problem when her role is cap and administration. She has nothing to do with whoever the new GM will be. Not saying she's a nobody but what power can she gain in this situation. Maybe i'm letting the media's stupidity pull me in?

Back
Top Bottom