Aponte Big part of the Problem | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aponte Big part of the Problem

From what I understand, she basically does the cap things. She told Ireland what they could afford/what they cant and helped to structure long term contracts in ways to benefit the team.

Now, a GM coming in may want complete control, whether it would break the bank or not his decision, but as long as she stays working on the cap issues and away from player scouting, which there is no evidence she has ever been part of player scouting, I dont see why that would stop a GM from coming in.

I'm not buying this whole "power-play" thing. I think this may be a lot of presumption and/or sour-grapes coming from someone close to JI. Even if it were a power-play, it got rid of JI, so it can't be all bad. Let's see how this all plays out before we go around pointing fingers.

If I'm a GM candidate, I'd have no issues with Apronte, but that's just because I already know not to talk s**t behind people's back, unless I'm ok with said s**t getting back to the person I am talking about.

Well you can always club her and drag her back to your cave. That'll show the broad who's boss amirite?!

I've yet to hear anyone of substance and knowledge say anything bad aponte or her position with the Miami Dolphins.

The only people that seem to think she's a problem or spread rumors that it may be a problem is miami's worst beat writers. Sorry, but year after year, those same beat writers prove just how worthless they are, there's made up stories about how bad Aponte is for the team, is just ridiculous.

Ross is a self made billionaire, if he decides to trust aponte with the $ and with franchise decisions, I can't imagine why anyone should have a problem with that.
He had alot of help from his uncle. He did not do it all on his own.

Come on guys, dont get pulled in by Armando's column. Aponte doesn't make talent or football decisions, she is on the financial side of things.

Come on guys, dont get pulled in by Armando's column. Aponte doesn't make talent or football decisions, she is on the financial side of things.

Aponte has Ross's ear. It's been said by many different people that she is Ross's most trusted employee in the organization.

I don't get all this hate for her, based on what? What a reporter wrote. She is being considered for a leauge position, everyone basically wanted Ireland removed and that happened. The organization so far has removed Ireland and the OC and the only official comments have been thanks for your service. Think I will wait to see what control the new GM has or does not have including the coach decision before I believe any speculation. Just days ago it was reported Ireland was believed to be safe.

I want all you Aponte apologist to join thebrownsboard.com or have you favorite browns fan make a YouTube video about her. She is as toxic as they come and will do the same thing to Philbin that she did to Ireland to save her own skin. Most people on here like her because the hard stance she took negotiating Tannehills contract on hard knocks.

I don't know how she is being considered for GM. Look her up and everything talks about her being a salary cap genius. She is not qualified to be GM. Not being harsh it's just she is a financial person and deals with administration stuff and the cap not player personnel.

I have no problem with Aponte as long as we don't lose out on a great GM candidate due to the fact they on't trust her. I don't know how much of that story(her going to Philbin about what Ireland said)is true. If she really did that, then I can see potential candidates for GM not wanting the job and that's not a good thing. She's good with the cap but getting a man that can get us the players we need in free agency and the draft is way more important and harder to find than someone to manage the cap imo.

I think we're of a like mind on this. As long as Aponte's duties are clearly defined, I don't see an issue, but if she's perceived to be Ross' spy in the chicken-house, she becomes a bit of an obstacle. Although if it's a known factor going in, it's a bit easier minefield to maneuver. However, a good first draft could drastically change the FO dynamic because given the choice between the two, I can't imagine anyone would sacrifice a good talent evaluator for a good cap manager. You can win with talent and little cap room a lot easier than you can with little talent and a lot of cap room.

opinions in league circles seem varied

Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey 25m
One former NFL personnel man on Aponte: “She’s part of the problem.” Another: “She’s one of the smartest people I’ve ever been around."

Back
Top Bottom