Aqua seats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqua seats

Heard that some former Canes are trying to get money together to build a stadium in or around campus. Not sure of the possibilities there, but interesting non-the-less.

They have been talking about it since Howard S. was there but nothing ever materialized. Maybe if they ever do that soccer stadium down town or adjacent to the Marlins park UM will move. Not sure they have the land to build it on campus.

This color is a big improvement over the bright orange :up:

This.

Plus I don't believe UM is contributing even a dime to the renovation project, so they don't deserve a say in seat color choices.

Well I'm sure something has to be in the contract.

So if you rent a house and the owner deicdes to paint the interior pink, you have no say? One would think UM is smart enough to have something in writing.

Haven't heard about that one. Seems UM is always looking at opportunities to leave Sun Life so it wouldn't be surprising. Doubt if they ever find a better deal than the one they have now.

UM will NEVER have a stadium of its own, at least not on or near campus.

1. Coral Gables land is waaaaay to expensive to start buying out million dollar homes to demolish and build on.

2. Half of Coral Gables is marked as historic hence, cannot tear down and build on.

3. Coral Gables city rules will basically prevent this from happening.

UM had plans to build the UV (University Village, Student Apartments) back in 2006. Grand opening schedule for 2007. Because Gables fought to stop it, did not open until 2009.

This is the city that tickets you for parking a pick-up truck or commercial vehicle in your drive way.

Just dont see how UM finds the land to build a 60,000 seat stadium, parking garages, logistics behind traffic on game days, etc.

UM will NEVER have a stadium of its own, at least not on or near campus.

1. Coral Gables land is waaaaay to expensive to start buying out million dollar homes to demolish and build on.

2. Half of Coral Gables is marked as historic hence, cannot tear down and build on.

3. Coral Gables city rules will basically prevent this from happening.

UM had plans to build the UV (University Village, Student Apartments) back in 2006. Grand opening schedule for 2007. Because Gables fought to stop it, did not open until 2009.

This is the city that tickets you for parking a pick-up truck or commercial vehicle in your drive way.

Just dont see how UM finds the land to build a 60,000 seat stadium, parking garages, logistics behind traffic on game days, etc.

This is true. I lived in CG for a while and it's a bitch to get approval on new construction project.

This is true. I lived in CG for a while and it's a bitch to get approval on new construction project.

Not sure how true, but I've heard of people having to submit paper work to Coral Gables in order to get approval to paint the INSIDE of the house!

We built a landscape nursey on Coral Way next to old Hickory BBQ and had to fight every step of the way. All the building inspectors are good ole boys and you have to know someone. Luckly we did.

Sorry Nubs. Back to the seats :)

Well I'm sure something has to be in the contract.

So if you rent a house and the owner deicdes to paint the interior pink, you have no say? One would think UM is smart enough to have something in writing.

If you are renting a room in someone's house, the owner can paint the room whatever color they want to. If the room is being painted, maybe the owner will ask the renter their opinion, but they don't need to. It is their house, they have final say.

Also, why come to terms on a mutual color with UM, when the school is looking at routes to leave Sun Life? This is the Dolphins stadium and UM may not even be renting from them 3-5 years down the road.

If you are renting a room in someone's house, the owner can paint the room whatever color they want to. If the room is being painted, maybe the owner will ask the renter their opinion, but they don't need to. It is their house, they have final say.

Also, why come to terms on a mutual color with UM, when the school is looking at routes to leave Sun Life? This is the Dolphins stadium and UM may not even be renting from them 3-5 years down the road.

Well they still have 17 years left on the rental agreemet.

Not sure what the buy out would be from that.

One would think some legal rights to the renter. If say, I am renting a 4/2 and the owner deicdes to knock out a wall to make two rooms into one....something has to be in the books.

Same as Dolphins ripping out seats and changing the layout of the stadium, possible seat reduction? Loss of profit? etc?

You can't say we're "Doom and glooms" if we end up being right every single year. I can't wait for the day this team finally turns around and shuts me up, but it hasn't happened yet.

They haven't seen anything yet if they think this is really "doom and gloom".

Jeez,,, and we're only talking seats! :lol:

New Seats, Same Old Crap Stadium. Should have torn this dump down, it was a dump in 87...

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Sun Life? Pro Player? Land Reef? What name next Year?

New Seats, Same Old Crap Stadium. Should have torn this dump down, it was a dump in 87...

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Sun Life? Pro Player? Land Reef? What name next Year?

*Land Shark

Back
Top Bottom