Aqua seats | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqua seats

Sarnics, you gotta admit, that Falcons Stadium trumps what the Dolphins are doing to the stadium. In the big scheme of things though, it's about the team and the people and the building just helps enhance the memory of the experience. But the experience is going to always be led by the team does on the field.

Stephen Ross is worth $4.8B. I'm assuming he put 25% of his worth into the Dolphins. Putting another 25% into a $1B stadium would put half his net worth in the Dolphins.

Well obviously it trumps our stadium (as it sits right now). It's state of the art and brand new. However, did the owner pay for it all out of his own pocket? Not being a jerk, I just honestly don't know the details. That has everything to do with what we're getting. How many owners are going to drop a billion of their own money to build a stadium for the city?

It's not really anything to do with his net worth, it has to do with the business' (which this business just happens to be the Miami Dolphins) net worth. The Dolphins are worth approximately a billion...so why on earth would he spend the whole net worth of the business on the "office"? I think what he's doing is above and beyond what any other owner would do. They wouldn't give any money so he said "screw it, I'll pay for it myself".

LOL Miami can forget about hosting a Super Bowl for while. They won't host another SB until at least 2020. They won't win over new Atlanta and minnesota stadiums.

For those curious about UM seating.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
Dolphins say new UM capacity of 55000 in Sun Life will be achieved by placing enormous UM banners in upper end zones.

B7foFY9CYAAlW5I-1.jpg

Doesn't look to bad to me, it is definitely different though. I know they say it will be safe for Hurricanes, but you know they really can never predict what will happen.
I expect it to fly like a kite in the next category 3 or four Hurricane that hits South Florida. Also I can just see it now, that nice plexiglass roof will look like crap
literally when the Seagulls are done with it, or will they ever be done crapping on the top of it? Just sayin'
. I bet they never took that into consideration.
Other than that, its not bad. Really, if they solved those issues Great, if not, look out.
The daily afternoon thunderstorms should take care of that problem

it boggles my mind how Atlanta(a terrible pro sports town) is getting another brand new Stadium only a little over 20 years since they built the Georgia Dome(Braves too).

I admire the foresight. There have been great breakthroughs in stadium design over the past decade. Prior to Dallas' version everything looked like a standard stadium, with increasing bells and whistles. Now it's not only more creative but also incorporating trends like wireless and social media access, including specific areas. I'm not necessarily in favor of those things as opposed to a design that favors home field advantage. But they are realities and are logically touted. Everybody wants to know they'll be able to text away, with the stadium engineered to maximize aspects like that. It was comical during the national title game to see the camera pan the crowd and so many fans were fixated on little devices in their hands, seemingly oblivious to the game itself.

Atlanta handicapped logically that not much figures to change in the next decade or so compared to a decade ago until now. There could be another major advance, but not likely. It reminds me of the genius realtor at Big Bear Lake in mid 2006 who tried to convince me to swoop up properties in Las Vegas, that home values were destined to double again very soon, and then keep advancing sharply. I laughed and told him he was out of his mind, that it's not the way normal progression works. No way property values could detour so far away from income levels.

Construction costs do hold the upward trend. Atlanta couldn't build this structure in a decade for what they paid today. In the meantime they are all but guaranteed to host at least one Super Bowl and enter that rotation, along with probably the college championship game and other mega events.

We've got a patchwork that will look swell only in comparison to what we had previously. That's the way this works. I remember buying a G3 upgrade card for one of my old Macs in the early '00s. I was proud and content with my patched Power Mac 7500 until I walked into CompUSA and checked out the latest models. They had faster bus speed and everything else, and weren't limited by architecture from a prior generation.

Our improvements aren't worth $350 million or $425 million, or whatever the final tally ends up. I've emphasized that from the outset. I've noticed several others here mention that theme also, the guys who normally have a grasp of reality. We are paying bloated dollar for contrived fixes that are hardly ideal. They are merely what works given the limitation of the original design combined with current intent. Nobody is going to copy us. Wow, can we get a patched roof like that!

I don't like the huge Canes banners in the end zone, BTW. Lots of fans prefer to sit exactly there, low upper deck in the center end zone. It's an awesome view of how the plays unfold at the line of scrimmage and in the secondary, combined with a dependable breeze. At Canes games those areas have been relatively full in recent years.

My seats are low upper deck around the corner, at the goal line. I have actually considered relocating to same spot in the mid end zone. I guess that's gone. Now I'll await my voucher, with a likely increase. They better not raise it to much. I already have one member of my party who is canceling the season ticket, no matter what they charge.

Atlanta would be getting SBs either way. there will always be advancements, will they want another new Stadium in 20 years? I get forward thinking but 20 years is a joke for a new Stadium.

That Falcons stadium probably trumps the other 31 teams. Expect them to start getting calls going their way. The video screens and roof are state of the art and they got it right with the fans in the corners and endzone only feet away from the field. Just amazing, I'll have to go to a game there just for the stadium experience. Meanwhile, Ross the "real estate guru and billionaire" does a half ass renovation job. I wish we could wipe the slate clean, and start the franchise over with new owner, players, coaches, stadium.

We are going to have one of the best stadiums in the NFL. It's going to be magnificent when it's finished. I think that you are 100% wrong about it being a half assed renovation. As a developer, Mr Ross has access to the best in design and construction. He knows how to extract top value for the $400M that he's spending.

Wonder if UM had to sign off on the changes. Orange worked for both teams but aqua does not fit UM scheme... :idk:

Ross addressed that question today.

Ross said the Dolphins didn't ask UM for any input on the renovations. "We're spending all the money and they're benefiting," Ross said, before adding that the Hurricanes are a good tenant.

Don't know if this was mentioned but won't the fact that the seats are a darker color mean that they'll be hotter especially in the blazing FL sun in Aug - Oct?? I think the orange may have reflected some of the suns rays but the aqua seems like it will be more likely to absorb them making them measurably hotter (esp. the non-cushioned seats).

92% of the seating will be shaded by the canopy once installed they said.

Don't know if this was mentioned but won't the fact that the seats are a darker color mean that they'll be hotter especially in the blazing FL sun in Aug - Oct?? I think the orange may have reflected some of the suns rays but the aqua seems like it will be more likely to absorb them making them measurably hotter (esp. the non-cushioned seats).

Maybe a few degrees but once you sit down there won't be a difference and like BlueCelica said, the stadium will be shaded eventually.

We are going to have one of the best stadiums in the NFL. It's going to be magnificent when it's finished. I think that you are 100% wrong about it being a half assed renovation. As a developer, Mr Ross has access to the best in design and construction. He knows how to extract top value for the $400M that he's spending.

Is this sarcasm? I honestly can't tell. You couldn't possibly believe a terribly designed stadium from the 80s can be patched into one of the best venues in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom