Aqua seats | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqua seats

Nice improvement. Not sure why it took so long. Seems like the back is angling back a little bit more than previously. I hope not, because that would mean less room for fans shuffling back and forth in the rows, while others are trying to watch the game.

All of these changes are technically an improvement. That doesn't change the fact that it was a flawed choice that leaves us further behind, once new stadiums like Atlanta's show up in place after place. Not everybody will be dense enough to patch. We may be alone. The location is dreadful, as others have emphasized. To prioritize access roads as opposed to vital location is comically overmatched. That's the adjuster angle. Paul Dee occupied that level when he rationalized the Canes moving to Sun Life based on alumni distribution. Now that's brilliant. We'll remove ourselves 45 minutes from campus because some of our alumni live in Broward and Palm Beach. Dee didn't understand how he could be so far ahead of the curve. The trend will sweep the nation.

I agree the Canes have no beef about the color scheme. Hopefully this slight will be necessary evidence to them that they don't mean anything to Ross or the Dolphins, and a needed slap to actually find a new venue. As bad as that stadium is for pro purposes, it doesn't qualify as a college football venue at all. Coral Gables is not an option, as others have mentioned. They'll never get an on-campus or nearby stadium approved, just like UCLA has no chance in Westwood, given the wealth and influence of that area and surrounding communities. Too bad Schellenberger's astute plan fell through in the early '80s. That was the one legit hope, and might have happened with some belief from Tad Foote. Schnellenberger left the program after the '83 season partially because of Foote's failure to follow through on the stadium proposal, after pledging to give it weight as soon as Schnellenberger won the national championship. Of course, Foote believed that prospect was absurd, and had no ammo once it actually happened on January 2, 1984.

Don't applaud him, it only encourages him. Hayden thinks about Joe's departure constantly - from the moment he wakes up in the morning until the moment he falls asleep (and then he dreams about killing him off).

So do I, and so does anyone else who is a dolphin fan.

Touche' :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I'm sure they've done their research (hopefully) but anyone else find the placement of the video screens to be an afterthought in all this?

Actually the placements are well thought out. If you have the screens above the endzones and unless you sit in the endzone you always have to take your eyes away from the field to see replays etc (if we actually have them).
Having the screens in all 4 corners requires only a simple eye movement. You basically have everything in sight. It especially helps with FGs. I like to watch the field (snap, kick, height and distance etc) and the screen for position of the kick while in the air. When I look at the screen I can't see if the ball will travel the required distance for which the sideline view is perfect. I love the position of the new screens.

Actually the placements are well thought out. If you have the screens above the endzones and unless you sit in the endzone you always have to take your eyes away from the field to see replays etc (if we actually have them).
Having the screens in all 4 corners requires only a simple eye movement. You basically have everything in sight. It especially helps with FGs. I like to watch the field (snap, kick, height and distance etc) and the screen for position of the kick while in the air. When I look at the screen I can't see if the ball will travel the required distance for which the sideline view is perfect. I love the position of the new screens.

Actually my comment, "I'm sure they've done their research (hopefully) but anyone else find the placement of the video screens to be an afterthought in all this?" was referring to Atlanta's new stadium. Which we both seem to agree on considering your next post.

phins_4_ever said:
WTF. If you sit in the lower level and you want to look at the screen you break your neck.

Awful design.

WTF. If you sit in the lower level and you want to look at the screen you break your neck. :lol:

Awful design.

Yeah and i was thinking the people sitting at the top would have to bend over like you do when you pull too far up in your car at a traffic light.

Yeah and i was thinking the people sitting at the top would have to bend over like you do when you pull too far up in your car at a traffic light.

:chuckle:

clear.gif

Um can gladly bring their own seats if the don't like Aqua if not eff em

I would have loved open concourses. Seeing the field in play while at the concessions is awesome and just about every new sports venue incorporates them. The roof will be very nice though, but there is still the sheer humidity and heat to consider.

The citrus bowl renovations went a step further than what we are doing, and demolished everything below the upper level, and rebuilt from there. That dump now looks amazing, though they still don't have a roof.

The way I see this is , UM is renting a room at a house or apartment, they are not renting the WHOLE APARTMENT/HOUSE. If you rent a apartment or house the owner can't do as he pleases. You can paint the rooms w/e color you want but have to return it to the original color before the lease is up. Now if it's in a room of a house I guess they can do w.e the **** they want lol. Think of the seats being the rest of the house and the Endzone UM's room lol. We can't paint Dolphins Logo in the Endzone.

That Falcons stadium probably trumps the other 31 teams. Expect them to start getting calls going their way. The video screens and roof are state of the art and they got it right with the fans in the corners and endzone only feet away from the field. Just amazing, I'll have to go to a game there just for the stadium experience. Meanwhile, Ross the "real estate guru and billionaire" does a half ass renovation job. I wish we could wipe the slate clean, and start the franchise over with new owner, players, coaches, stadium.

That Falcons stadium probably trumps the other 31 teams. Expect them to start getting calls going their way. The video screens and roof are state of the art and they got it right with the fans in the corners and endzone only feet away from the field. Just amazing, I'll have to go to a game there just for the stadium experience. Meanwhile, Ross the "real estate guru and billionaire" does a half ass renovation job. I wish we could wipe the slate clean, and start the franchise over with new owner, players, coaches, stadium.

How can anyone say it's half ass renovation? They just barely started on it and $350 mil is not chump change. I see it as a huge commitment of the mans own money to improve things (off the field things) for the fans on game day. I for one can't wait to get to games next year.

Back
Top Bottom