Aquan Boldin Talk is Back, Should Dolphins Go After Boldin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aquan Boldin Talk is Back, Should Dolphins Go After Boldin

Should Miami Trade for Boldin

• Yes

Votes: 142 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 54 27.6%

• Total voters

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Two days ago, Pro Football Talk reported the Arizona Cardinals are shopping the three-time Pro Bowler. GM Rod Graves denied the rumor; but really, what’s he supposed to say?

Every team that feels it’s a big-play wide receiver away from making a run in the next couple of years will be watching to see how the Boldin Saga unfolds.

Despite the need for a No. 1 receiver, it seems unlikely the list of suitors would include the Dolphins, given the high price Boldin would command.

Bill Parcells and Co. like to build through the draft and would have to give up a couple of high draft picks - possibly a first- and third-rounder - for a 28-year-old who has missed eight games the past two seasons because of injuries and played a full 16-game schedule twice in six seasons.

But what would you do if you were Parcells and Jeff Ireland?

It’s not a question of money for the Dolphins, who were about $14 million under the salary cap before signing CB Eric Green Friday and could work out a deal for Boldin, a Pahokee native who would love to finish his career in South Florida. (Boldin has two years left on his deal and is scheduled to earn $2.75 million in 2009 and and $3 million in 2010).

Boldin is a three-time Pro Bowler with four 1,000-yard seasons who is coming off a career-high 11 TDs, including three during a 31-10 against the Dolphins on Sept. 14, and can run after the catch as well as anyone in the NFL.

Boldin (6-1, 217) would elevate a wide receiving corps that doesn’t have anyone physical, accounted for only five touchdown catches in 2008 and generated only 11 catches longer than 25 yards in 16 games.

Boldin has 19 catches longer than 40 yards in his career and 89 20 yards or longer.

His injury history - 16 missed games in the past five seasons - is a concern, but Dolphins showed an uncanny ability to keep players on the field a season ago.

The Dolphins’ wide receivers clearly remain a work in progress, featuring a former first-round pick who has shown flashes of potential (Ted Ginn Jr.), a a steady possession receiver (Greg Camarillo) and an undrafted rookie with promise (Davone Bess). But does anyone see a No. 1 WR developing from this trio?

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/03/14/would-you-make-a-move-to-acquire-anquan-boldin/

Seems like two days after I posted a simple Rumor passed to me by my cousin the SoFLA media has decided that Boldin could be an optin for our Fins. I have included a Poll. Guys I have this to say I dont think Miami should give up two critical picks for Boldin, but where there is smoke there is Fire, Maybe The Trifecta have something up their sleeve, Hopefully Not.

We have way more needs than a WR that will cost us a 1st and a 3rd, and then have to resign to a big deal like at the $9 mil a season he is looking for like Fitz got.

I love to trade for him as well, but a 1st and a 3rd is way to much. There is thought now that Miami might to trade out of the first round to aquire more picks.

I really just don't see this happening.

From day one, Tuna and our front office has said that they want to build through the draft. Even at the combine, Coach was asked if he was interested in WRs through FA, and he said he wanted to build through the draft. By trading away so many picks, it just seems like something like that is too much. You have to remember, there were quite a few games last season where we only had 3 WR dress. It shows that WR is not as big in our offense. We will address the WR need in April. But I think we have more pressing needs than that expensive of a WR.

*I say all of this as a fan of the Dolphins. I am a fan of Boldin and have nothing against him. I did just want to make sure I pointed this out. This is strictly my opinion based on needs for my beloved Dolphins.

Look at this off season and you see a very consistent pattern. They are signing mid tier players at reasonable prices in order to build through the draft. Same thing they did last year as well. There is no reason that I see for them to vacate that plan and give up picks for a position that, though not great, is not bad. They can draft Ramses Bardin, a big physical receiver in the 4th or 5th round.

Anquan Boldin will be a Fin nah I'm just playing.

In the article, I love the part about him being injured. He shouldn't have tried to catch that pass last year. Any vet would have seen that hit coming!1`

Sarcasm aside, I'd love to throw some money his way. Not break the bank mind you, but.. He's been under paid for 2-3 years now. A meet in the middle 5 year contract? Might not be probable, but possible. Ah, the wish list.

Wilford for Boldin straight up, it would hurt....but I'd do it!

this is just the media giving this story legs....thats it.

please made post whit new information, I love take Boldin, but please when miami say i like Boldin made a post

I got an idea...lets sign both Harrison and Holt to one year contracts, keep our draft picks and let these two vets share their wealth of information with our young guys.

Actually, I originally wrote this as a joke, but it could be an interesting move.

As the article states, it's not the money, we have that and any deal we give him would be an improvement over his Arizona one. It's the trade cost. 1st and 3rd is too much. A 2nd wouldn't be though. If we're talking about drafting a WR on day one why not use that pick on a proven WR in his prime, we would know what we're getting. If we need to throw in a late round pick with it, that'd be fine too. I don't think that'll be enough to get him though, somebody will break the bank.

Back
Top Bottom