Aquan Boldin Talk is Back, Should Dolphins Go After Boldin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aquan Boldin Talk is Back, Should Dolphins Go After Boldin

Should Miami Trade for Boldin

• Yes

Votes: 142 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 54 27.6%

• Total voters
why, i dont understand... a first and third is way too much. We need to build through the draft, not like this
boldin will probably be better then anyone we draft in the first or third round but i am not worried about giving up those picks becuase i know BP would probably never do that trade

if we dont go after Boldin then we will have the worst wr corp in the afc east. i doubt we draft a good wr in this draft so i am expecting to end up settling for a another 3 tier wr which we have plenty of.

I know we are rebuilding but at some point in time we need to sign a big name wr or draft a bigtime wr.
this theory is why the dolphins havent won a super bowl since the Jefferson administration.

Seriously, another Anquan Boldin thread? What is wrong with the other 4 threads that said the same thing?

Anyways, if we were 14 mil under the salary cap before we signed Green, and we need to reserve 6 mil for the rookie salary pool, that doesn't leave us enough to sign Boldin to a new contract. Even if we had the cap, no way our teams trades a 1st rounder. It's just not happening.

money is not the issue, we will not give up 2 day 1 picks for any WR .... heck, i'd be very surprised if we spent anything earlier than a 3d on a WR in the draft.

I like the guy but we need our picks.
having said that, only the Tuna knows

agree with FriendZounds: the threads are becoming redundant.

money is not the issue, we will not give up 2 day 1 picks for any WR .... heck, i'd be very surprised if we spent anything earlier than a 3d on a WR in the draft.
Good thing it would only be 1 first day pick then. FYI the 3rd round is day 2 and we could trade a 1st and 3rd and still have 2 1st day picks.

I'm surprised nobody has included Ginn in the deal. He appears to not fit the trifacta WR make up, and I think that opposite Fitz with Warner throwing that he would be pretty awesome. Plus his contract would free up $$ allocated to the position for Boldin. I do think that Ginn will flourish when Hene takes over one day so you'd have to take that into consideration...so GInn and a 3rd for AB? I think Zona would want more but I wouldnt give up more. THen try to get back a 3 with a move down somewhere early. P.s anyone know how to change a username...LOL

I'd like a trade for him, but not for a 1st and a 3rd.
I dont know what everyones problem with this is....

okay look at it this way...

2nd rounders are THEE most treasured picks in the draft,cause thats where all the juicey players are,cause its less money for more talent in the second,so thats definately a factor

a first rounder=no way to prove they'll be as good Boldin can/is,and theres always a bust factor,while Boldin is aready est.

a third rounder=we already has 2 2nd rounders,which one would replace the 3rd round,while we have another in the 2nd PLUS a proven WR in Boldin that would act as a first round pick.Everything is lined up,so there is no lose-lose factor;No valeu lost,but value gained morso.

Boldin=a proven veteran,who was a Pro-Bowler in hsi rookioe season in 03' before Fitzgerald(drafted in 04') even got there(100+ catches,1300+ yards in rookie season).So you cant use that lame,"We dont even know how he'll play without a freak playing opposite him" bull****.Not to mention one less position we have to worry about,and there is NEVER a guarantee anyother player we'd get at rounds 1 and 3 would be any better than this alternative.

Funny how all the posters say no... Where is the 67% that say pull the trigger? I voted no. After seeing that London 1 on 1 video, I like his odds at making an impact this year. I say we sit tight, grab OLB/CB with our first and 2a.

I dont know what everyones problem with this is....

okay look at it this way...

2nd rounders are THEE most treasured picks in the draft,cause thats where all the juicey players are,cause its less money for more talent in the second,so thats definately a factor

a first rounder=no way to prove they'll be as good Boldin can/is,and theres always a bust factor,while Boldin is aready est.

a third rounder=we already has 2 2nd rounders,which one would replace the 3rd round,while we have another in the 2nd PLUS a proven WR in Boldin that would act as a first round pick.Everything is lined up,so there is no lose-lose factor;No valeu lost,but value gained morso.

Boldin=a proven veteran,who was a Pro-Bowler in hsi rookioe season in 03' before Fitzgerald(drafted in 04') even got there(100+ catches,1300+ yards in rookie season).So you cant use that lame,"We dont even know how he'll play without a freak playing opposite him" bull****.Not to mention one less position we have to worry about,and there is NEVER a guarantee anyother player we'd get at rounds 1 and 3 would be any better than this alternative.

Agreed relying only on the draft is like buying scratch off lottery tickets to pay your bills. This guy is a proven force and exactly the kind of receiver Penne needs.

Look at this off season and you see a very consistent pattern. They are signing mid tier players at reasonable prices in order to build through the draft. Same thing they did last year as well. There is no reason that I see for them to vacate that plan and give up picks for a position that, though not great, is not bad. They can draft Ramses Bardin, a big physical receiver in the 4th or 5th round.

They already have Ramses Bardin....his name is Ernest Wilford.

Could he be helpful to the team....very! Would I like to have him here....of course! Will we give up picks to get him.....very slim chance. Will he ever be a Miami Dolphin....I'm convinced he won't be.

As has been observed, it's not like Parcells to give away draft picks just for the sake of bringing a top wide receiver, especially when that includes giving away first rounders in a trade. Arizona would be foolish to trade him anyways. Why would you put a dent in an excellent offense, when it was that offense that got you to a place you've never dreamt of being in in nearly 90 years of Cardinal's football...but then again these are the Arizona Cardinals!

Is miami looking at boldin?

The name “Boldin” alone makes many Miami Dolphins fans begin to bristle. When the name is rumored to be connected with the Dolphins and is followed by “trade”, those same fans begin to get giddy like an 5 year old on Christmas eve. So what can be taken from the “rumors” that Boldin is in fact on the trade block and are the Phins really interested in him?

http://phinphanatic.com/2009/03/16/is-miami-looking-at-boldin/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a lot of writing!!!

I am going to tell you what the majority of the Finheaven public will say, if they make it through your novel.

Yes for the right price! And it will debate from there.

IMO the Fins should not spend a 1st or 2nd on him, cause they are still rebuilding, and although WR is a need, right now the Fins are more stable at WR and can stay a float with the offensive game plan. Hopefully a WR blossoms soon and there is no more discussion, but I do not see the FO trading a high pick for a WR, when at this point there are more glaring needs to be addressed with those draft picks.

And there is not many players the Fins can afford to trade... maybe Eric Green, j.k

I don't think we make a play for him what so ever. We would ahve to part with our 1st Round pick and that is not in the cards IMO. While Boldin is a tremndous, proven player, good franchies don't trade drat picks, they acquire more.

Back
Top Bottom