archuleta anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

archuleta anyone?

saw the kid play in college first hand. punishing hitter and a smart player, he definetly has a head for the game. However, he is NOT to be used in pass coverage, but i think he could be an amazing situational player that could be used effectively in run stopping and blitz packages. i'd like to see him in a Fins uni, but again, for the right price.

he would def. fit in..but does he have to speed to make plays on the long ball? lee evans scorched our entire secondary alone multiple times last year...we were susceptible to giving up that long play because of our safeties ( kinda like dallas')...well, i dont know...im just a fan.

Archuleta will be playing in Miami...when the Bills are on the road at Miami. The cutting of Milloy opened the door for our defensive coordinator to reunite with his stud SS Adam Archuleta that he coached while in St Louis.

Archuleta has a lot of speed and is going to look great in a Bills uniform :).

Plus, you guys aint got no money without a CBA.

DaBills4life said:
Archuleta will be playing in Miami...when the Bills are on the road at Miami. The cutting of Milloy opened the door for our defensive coordinator to reunite with his stud SS Adam Archuleta that he coached while in St Louis.

Archuleta has a lot of speed and is going to look great in a Bills uniform :).

Plus, you guys aint got no money without a CBA.
I would rather have Lawyer myself. As for the people saying he can't defend the pass I diagree. One dimensional players aren't picked as high as Adam was and he was in a flat out ****ty defense his whole NFL carrer.

23_Phins_84 said:
Why does it matter. this is a phins message boards, hes talking about the phins(atleast someone they could pick up).

On topic- That would be a great pick up, seeing how odds are we will be getting rid of Jones and Schulters

Wait, he'd be a great pickup because he's terribly slow and gets burned up top all the time? Or is it because when he wasn't getting burned deep, he was spending alot of his time in the injured list, not playing????

This is what I hate most about the offseason.......... Most of you who bring up these names haven't really watched a single second of that players time on the field. Archuleta was a project that never turned out. He spends too much time with plyometrics and not enough time on the field makin' plays.

I'll pass.

G-Force said:
I would rather have Lawyer myself. As for the people saying he can't defend the pass I diagree. One dimensional players aren't picked as high as Adam was and he was in a flat out ****ty defense his whole NFL carrer.

Thats not true, Archuleta has been on some highly ranked defenses and some defenses that were near the top in INT's and Sacks. When Lovie Smith and our defensive Coordinator and D line coach were there, they had a sack and turnover machine.

id love archuleta, always been one of my favorite safeties.

enigmatics said:
Wait, he'd be a great pickup because he's terribly slow and gets burned up top all the time? Or is it because when he wasn't getting burned deep, he was spending alot of his time in the injured list, not playing????

This is what I hate most about the offseason.......... Most of you who bring up these names haven't really watched a single second of that players time on the field. Archuleta was a project that never turned out. He spends too much time with plyometrics and not enough time on the field makin' plays.

I'll pass.

Terrible description. Is like saying Jermone Bettis is a bad runningback because he can't break the speed at the next level, and is prone to injury.

Archuleta is not a coverage safety. If you know anything about Saban's defense the SS is not usually used in deep coverage - ala Tebucky Jones. The SS plays underneath in mid-range zones.

Dolfan2788 said:
Probably too slow for Saban's liking and too small to play LB in our system.

By the way, post this in the right forum, Free Agents forum.

Skeet84 said:
Yeah there is!

I can't seem to find this forum either :hmmm:

Maybe you should just leave that sort of thing up to the REAL Mods.

Nick13 said:
saw the kid play in college first hand. punishing hitter and a smart player, he definetly has a head for the game. However, he is NOT to be used in pass coverage, but i think he could be an amazing situational player that could be used effectively in run stopping and blitz packages. i'd like to see him in a Fins uni, but again, for the right price.

Me too!!! Archuleta graduated from the finest school in the land, my alma mater, ASU!!! Go Sun Devils. :lol:

anthony! said:
Terrible description. Is like saying Jermone Bettis is a bad runningback because he can't break the speed at the next level, and is prone to injury.

Archuleta is not a coverage safety. If you know anything about Saban's defense the SS is not usually used in deep coverage - ala Tebucky Jones. The SS plays underneath in mid-range zones.

Have you watched the man play? C'mon......... his entire career has been marred by blown assigments and bad angles, not to mention getting taken deep quite a bit.

anthony! said:
Would fit Saban's system at SS very nicely.

No he would not. He doesn't have good range. He's a liability in pass coverage, you need to put him near the line of scrimmage.

Back
Top Bottom