archuleta anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

archuleta anyone?

guy is way over rated!! no coverage skills and not big enough to punish recievers, NO WAY

enigmatics said:
Have you watched the man play? C'mon......... his entire career has been marred by blown assigments and bad angles, not to mention getting taken deep quite a bit.
jlfin said:
No he would not. He doesn't have good range. He's a liability in pass coverage, you need to put him near the line of scrimmage.
Timmy54 said:
guy is way over rated!! no coverage skills and not big enough to punish recievers, NO WAY
I am feeling a little dejavu here. Archuleta would NOT be brought in as a coverage safety. In obvious passing situations someone like Yeremiah Bell would be sent in at SS. Adam Archuleta is a Rodney Harrison/John Lynch type of safety. You don't sign him if you plan on playing him in deep coverage. In Saban's system Adam is the perfect SS. He is ment to play in the box as an additional linebacker. He will laos be frequently used for blitz packages, and his coverage is limited. Expect to see Adam play in Robber-type defenses. Alot of cover 2 and cover 3 with the CB's and FS. Adam himself would play the underneath zone - like Rodney Harrison has so many years. He is in a position to murder people coming across the middle, and pick off the rushed passes underneath. Adam Archuleta isn't wanted to play man to man coverage with Randy Moss. He is Adam Archuleta, not Ed Reed. He fits our system perfectly!

dolphinswin said:
should come at a good price, a team need and a damn good ball player
I'm more interested in Tank Williams, but I could deal with Archuleta

anthony! said:
I am feeling a little dejavu here. Archuleta would NOT be brought in as a coverage safety. In obvious passing situations someone like Yeremiah Bell would be sent in at SS. Adam Archuleta is a Marvin Harrison/John Lynch type of safety. You don't sign him if you plan on playing him in deep coverage. In Saban's system Adam is the perfect SS. He is ment to play in the box as an additional linebacker. He will laos be frequently used for blitz packages, and his coverage is limited. Expect to see Adam play in Robber-type defenses. Alot of cover 2 and cover 3 with the CB's and FS. Adam himself would play the underneath zone - like Marvin Harrison has so many years. He is in a position to murder people coming across the middle, and pick off the rushed passes underneath. Adam Archuleta isn't wanted to play man to man coverage with Randy Moss. He is Adam Archuleta, not Ed Reed. He fits our system perfectly!

Rodney Harrison :wink: Good points.

dolphinswin said:
should come at a good price, a team need and a damn good ball player

I've been suggesting this for the past month!! Adam would be an awesome pickup at a "need" position.

NoLimit84 said:
Rodney Harrison :wink: Good points.
That is ideally what Archuleta is. An up-and-coming version of Rodney Harrison.

Sorry I always make that typo... I often refere to Marvin as Rodney as well... :S

enigmatics said:
Have you watched the man play? C'mon......... his entire career has been marred by blown assigments and bad angles, not to mention getting taken deep quite a bit.

Ummmm NOOOO, that's Reggie Howard. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom