Are 52% of ppl here ******ed? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are 52% of ppl here ******ed?

mcteems said:
Both Ricky and Ronnie are needed in Miami. There is a better way to get a good QB in Miami than trade Ricky straight up for David Carr. That is why 52% said no.

Why exactly do so many people think they are both needed? Hell, I'd love to have 2 very good players at every position, but reality doesn't really make that possible. If you have a chance to get a QB that could be good enough to win a Super Bowl, you take it. Then you work on finding a solid RB (through free agency or draft) to back up or take some of the load off of Ronnie. You don't need a back as good as Ricky.

Don't get me wrong- for his price tag I'd like to keep Ricky too. But if he can get us a QB good enough to win a Super Bowl (which I think Carr can be) then you can't be scared of what may happen.

No Thanks....

For starters, Ricky is a better RB than Ronnie. Let's just get that fact straight. Now, what has Ronnie done to prove he's ready to take over for a full season?? He hasn't proven he can, and until we know he can carry the full load, we'd be taking a huge risk trading Ricky away...

Ricky is more valuable to us than QB D. Carr. Frerotte can handle the QB job another season while we groom a future starter. Ricky stays, and our running game becomes one of the NFL's most fear as a result....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Carr is not that young, Ricky is cheap, Carr is a bit overrated ( good, but overrated), there are other QBs out there in FA and the draft, Ricky and Ronnie a great 1-2 punch ( best bang for the buck in the NFL), Saban wants to keep Ricky and Ronnie together, Carrs contract would hurt, Ricky will only help make ronnie better and keep ronnie healthier and Im sure if I wanted I could list some more reasons why we should keep ricky here!

Ark139954 said:
for nfl running backs hes old. 28. they usually play until they're 30-31.

RBs are usually measured more on how many carries they have had than anything else. Due to Ricky missing a year, he he doesn't have nowhere near the mileage on him that a 28 yo RB normally would.
Therefore, his age at this point isn't a factor.

I voted No, and i wouldnt say im "****ed" due to the fact im a professional handicapper and make my money wagering on sports. David Carr has proven nothing in the NFL. He doesn't take any of the blame for Houstons lack of success. Sure, he has a terrible offensive line, but that is only an excuse for so long. He will also want a huge contract, more than he's worth, thats for sure. He will want to be paid like a 15 QB and will not want to restructre his contract, he will also want his $10M signing bonus come march, and quite frankly he isnt worth the money. Ricky on the other hand is a freak athlete and a great RB making the vets minimum. Ronnie Brown got injuried late this season, what if something happens to ronnie next year? We would be utterly ****ed if we had david carr at helm and no RB. I would rather keep a RB like ricky making the vets min than an overrated QB who has taken none of the blame for his teams failure. Lets keep ricky and draft a rookie, Jay Cutler if he's available, or Omar Jacobs. Stay away from David Carr, he's no better than Joey Harrington, just because he was a #1 pick does not mean he's a good QB. If he was a good QB he would of made Houston somewhat respectable and he has failed to do that. I wouldnt want him as a FA if houston cut him due to the fact they didnt want to pay his bonus, and i sure as hell wouldn't want to trade a top 10 RB in this league making the vets min for him.

1stDownRBrown said:
I just voted in the poll on the frontpage, "Would you trade Ricky Williams for David Carr straight up?".. 52% of people said no... are you kidding me.. okay 1st off it wasn't too long ago when I was with about 1% of people defending Ricky and wanting him on the team when 99% were just bashing him. But lets look at the numbers game. We have 0 good QBs and 2 good RBs... Ricky being the older of the 2. Why would we not want a good, young QB to go with our good young RB when thats exactly what we need? Sure Houston sucked this year, but they also allowed the most sacks in the league.. their OLine sucked!.. It looked like our 2004 OLine.. Just my 2 cents.

and if i had to vote again, i would still say no

I would trade Ricky straight up for Carr in a heartbeat. Carr would be a factor for way longer than Ricky, plus we could always grab a guy like Joeseph Addai in the 2nd round.............get Defense or OL with our 1st, have our QB problems solved, and spend the rest of the Draft on O-Line and Defense.

That is crazy. I would do that trade in a minute. Now if we are adding picks, I'm not so sure. I'm not wild about Carr, but I think he would be an upgrade over what the Dolphins have. And he still has upside if you build up around him. Williams had a nice comeback season, but he is maybe a year from retiring. You just never know with him.

fincrazy said:
I voted yes about 70 times,reason being i havent forgot when he left us! screw that ****, i like ricky but damn you just dont up and retire like that.:yell:

it's a free country, except when you do things that certain people don't like.

Back
Top Bottom