Are 52% of ppl here ******ed? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are 52% of ppl here ******ed?

no one is offering anything good for ricky and saban isn t gonna just give him away for a fourth rounder or a player that makes 5 mil as opposed to 600,000.....he isn t that dumb

I voted yes about 70 times,reason being i havent forgot when he left us! screw that ****, i like ricky but damn you just dont up and retire like that.:yell:

1stDownRBrown said:
I just voted in the poll on the frontpage, "Would you trade Ricky Williams for David Carr straight up?".. 52% of people said no... are you kidding me.. okay 1st off it wasn't too long ago when I was with about 1% of people defending Ricky and wanting him on the team when 99% were just bashing him. But lets look at the numbers game. We have 0 good QBs and 2 good RBs... Ricky being the older of the 2. Why would we not want a good, young QB to go with our good young RB when thats exactly what we need? Sure Houston sucked this year, but they also allowed the most sacks in the league.. their OLine sucked!.. It looked like our 2004 OLine.. Just my 2 cents.

Because we know what we have in Ricky and his contract is extremely favorable to allow us to get other players on top of that. Ricky is a flake, but on the field he has proven to be a stud. Carr has potential, and I do believe he is hindered in Houston and a change would benefit him greatly, but the FACT is, you dont know. He could just be that bad, he could be a bust, the experience could have also left him gunshy.

Yes Ricky flaked, but he is happy with his role and that he doesnt have to be the media focus every day and doesnt take the beating every play.

Houston would also not do it straight up for a guy that wants to only play a couple more years. We wouldnt be the only team in it for him.

I wouldnt cry if we did it, it makes sense if Saban feels that Carr is teh guy, I wouldnt bash it, but would rather draft Cutler and keep Ricky. The benefit of having both was proven this year. Plus i would like for once for us to take a chance in the draft to find our qb instead of trying out every other teams rejects.

Whitedolphin54 said:
When Ronnie went down late in the season and Ricky took up the reins and performed brilliantly, what would have happened if he wasn't there. Perhaps that is what is in the back of peoples minds when they dont want Ricky to go

Yes, that is what I was thinking.:evil::dolphins::evil:

Ark139954 said:
no One Is Saying That It Is Bad To Have Ricky...of Course Every Team In The Nfl Would Like To Have Two Very Good Running Backs. What I Am Saying Is That We Spent The Second Pick In The Draft So We Wouldn't Have To Worry About A Running Back. Keeping Ricky Is Doing Exactly That,worrying. We Have Other Needs Which We Must Address, Immediatley

Actually, RB is the LAST thing I am worried about with this team, because I know we have a future star and excellent depth. ;)

As I stated before, I don't see the point in taking away from the strength of our team to possibly upgrade another area. I say possibly because Carr hasn't done a damn thing to show he is worth the loss.

oh i remember why i voted no, carr is a bum. next thing you know there is going to be a "bring jay fielder back" thread:shakeno:

I think we should all wait and see who Houston takes in the draft before any trade talks about Carr. The owner is favoring the home town boy and the new coach might want one of USC's running backs, since Kubiack is a running game type of coach, ala Denver.

Granted Ricky quit but it was after 2 seasons carrying the ball more than any other back,and knowing the same Wanny ball was going to happen the season he booked.I know the pot thing too but even with that he was one of the hardest workers on the team.He was in training camp and busted his butt the entire time until he quit.It's all said and done and it was no fun BUT consider this past season.Ricky being tested 400 times a week,came in and proved he can still do his job very well and stay off the smoke.He's willing to share carries and that gives Ronnie less abuse and both of them a chance at being there the entire season.We are in a better salary cap situation and we have the draft.It is without a doubt our strongest position because we have Ricky,take that away and all we have is Ronnie.I bet Ronnie wants Ricky to stay. :)

I said no because I have never seen Carr do anything positive or lead his team to many victories by himself. Where as I have for Ricky many times.

fin-atic said:
This is so obvious, I do nto know why you are so shocked. The reasons to not make this trade:

1. Inury. Less you forget Ronnie missed the last two games. Not a big deal this year, but in future years we could be in the middle of a playoff run.

2. Ronnie has not proven he is a big time RB. He had a few decent games and a few bad games. The game he did well were usually because of one or two big runs. Not because he was dominating the ground. Ricky does take over games and until Ronnie proves he can be at that level he is still unproven.

3. David Carr is the equivalent of Ronnie at RB. Some great games some bad games. How good is he? Who knows?

4. There are ways to get other QBs and KEEP both RBs. The draft, Free Agency, etc. This is the nest answer. A Good QB and Both Ricky and Ronnie.

Simple enough.

thank you, my thoghts exactly

fincrazy said:
I voted yes about 70 times,reason being i havent forgot when he left us! screw that ****, i like ricky but damn you just dont up and retire like that.:yell:

If thats true the percentage should be even higher. And, if thats true, you need to find a hobby dude.

So let me try and get this straight... You insult 52% of the people on this board (the majority) becuase they have a different opinion about a trade than you? wow. Suprised this thread lasted.

Back
Top Bottom