Are 52% of ppl here ******ed? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are 52% of ppl here ******ed?

teams would kill to have a insurance policy at rb like ricky for a whole 600,000 a year....in the world of salary cap thats a whole lot of player....carr is as unknown as cutler......

BROGS said:
teams would kill to have a insurance policy at rb like ricky for a whole 600,000 a year....in the world of salary cap thats a whole lot of player....carr is as unknown as cutler......

I Agree....

I bet the AFC east would like us to trade Ricky :)

What exactly has Carr proven for the Dolphins to trade for him? Sure his line is horrible, but that doesn't mean if he is behind an adequate line (like ours) he's going to be an above par quarterback. He's a sexy name to get as QB, I just dont see how having potential as a decent NFL QB (of which he could never live up to) means trading a very solid change of pace back and a bargain to boot.

The only logical reason to reject that trade is if you don't think Carr is good. If you think Carr is a franchise QB then all the other reasons given are ridiculous. QB is the most important position. It wouldn't matter if RW were the best back in the league (he isn't). It wouldn't matter if RB were injured. It wouldn't matter that he's an insurance policy. etc. None of that would matter b/c having a balanced offense makes your team better. If you think that having two rbs is better than having a QB and an rb then you don't understand modern football.

besides... ricky doesn t like being the center of attention....ronnie takes the spotlight from him....he goes somewhere else and he is the messiah...welll its smokin time boys.......

i understand football and the salary cap.....how about you

rafael said:
The only logical reason to reject that trade is if you don't think Carr is good. If you think Carr is a franchise QB then all the other reasons given are ridiculous. QB is the most important position. It wouldn't matter if RW were the best back in the league (he isn't). It wouldn't matter if RB were injured. It wouldn't matter that he's an insurance policy. etc. None of that would matter b/c having a balanced offense makes your team better. If you think that having two rbs is better than having a QB and an rb then you don't understand modern football.

100% agree.....within the realm of the cap world the NFL lives in.

Ricky & Ronnie is better than Ronnie & Carr, based on me not thinking Carr is a anything more than what he has shown to date.

I'll pass on Carr and wait for the next option.

Ark139954 said:
u and me both know that foster is the starter aswell as parker. bettis is a change of pace back.

And you and me both know that Ronnie is the starter with Ricky as the change of pace back. This can go on, and it still doesn't defeat the idea of having two starting caliber RB's on the squad no matter how you want to twist it with technicalities such as who is the paper starter. I can play the technicality game too. Technically, Bettis and Davis are the starters in the redzone.

Also, neither the Steelers, the Panthers, nor the Phins were severely hurt when their starters were injured this season. I wonder why...

Edit: there are several arguments proponents of this trade can make that are reasonable, but the argument against a two back system is certainly not one of them.

However, those teams haven't given up a total of 3 first round picks for their RBs. I'd like to keep Ricky but if his value is good then trade him. However, it won't be because of the RBs in the draft and FA.

no One Is Saying That It Is Bad To Have Ricky...of Course Every Team In The Nfl Would Like To Have Two Very Good Running Backs. What I Am Saying Is That We Spent The Second Pick In The Draft So We Wouldn't Have To Worry About A Running Back. Keeping Ricky Is Doing Exactly That,worrying. We Have Other Needs Which We Must Address, Immediatley

nopony said:
Are you kidding??? Which of those teams... or the other playoff teams... has TWO probowl quality backs?

Are you trying to suggest that if we trade Ricky we aren't allowed to have ANYBODY play second tailback?

I wouldn't think that the biggest Ricky Williams fan in the world could say with a straight face that a second tailback is more important than a first quarterback.

That's just ridiculous.
....we don't have two probowl running backs.

Back
Top Bottom