Are 52% of ppl here ******ed? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are 52% of ppl here ******ed?

i agree ronnie is the back of the fututre ricky will be gone from what saban said mark my words

fin-atic said:
This is so obvious, I do nto know why you are so shocked. The reasons to not make this trade:

1. Inury. Less you forget Ronnie missed the last two games. Not a big deal this year, but in future years we could be in the middle of a playoff run.

2. Ronnie has not proven he is a big time RB. He had a few decent games and a few bad games. The game he did well were usually because of one or two big runs. Not because he was dominating the ground. Ricky does take over games and until Ronnie proves he can be at that level he is still unproven.

3. David Carr is the equivalent of Ronnie at RB. Some great games some bad games. How good is he? Who knows?

4. There are ways to get other QBs and KEEP both RBs. The draft, Free Agency, etc. This is the nest answer. A Good QB and Both Ricky and Ronnie.

Simple enough.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Personally I wouldn't trade Ricky for any avaliable QB right now in FA or the draft.
We all know what Ricky is capable of. In my opinion there is no other RB in football that can take over a game on his own and change the outcome of a game like Ricky.
Look what he did in 2002...over 1800 yards rushing and he did that with defenses knowing we couldn't pass with Lucas at QB. No doubt he would of had over 2000 yards.
And I'm not sure if Ronnie Brown will have the same effect on defenses as Ricky has.

Whitedolphin54 said:
When Ronnie went down late in the season and Ricky took up the reins and performed brilliantly, what would have happened if he wasn't there.

we probably would have picked #10 :D

You need 2 runningbacks to be successful in this league, and guess what people......we got.....2.

Ark139954 said:
I agree 1000000000% THANK YOU for stating the most obvious thing. I dont understand what people cannot understand about that. Ricky is old and we have RONNIE, who is better and if u dont think he is you r crazy!

Old?? Ricky is 29. he owes this team money so i dont think we are trading him because that money is still owed. ricky gets an extension. and we have ronnie in the wings but yet if ronnie goes down, who do we go to? sammy morris? travis minor? some other bum? i like having an all pro running back splitting carries. ronnie also doesnt care because he loves having ricky around, they are lethal. you want to tell me that KC (healthy priest and LJ) and ATL (Vick, Dunn, Duckett), DAL (Jones, Barber, Thompson) isnt successful using a solid 1/2 rb combo. im sorry but if you honestly think ricky is worth giving up to a qb that has been sacked over 200 times in his career already is worth it, be my guest.

ronnie better than ricky? i dont think so bud. talk to me after ronnie's 3rd-4th year in the league and compare the stats. ricky will still have better numbers. i cant believe people are jumping ship on ricky because he put up solid numbers all year. id rather have gus and a rookie qb waiting in the wings than have ronnie and sammy morris running the ball. ronnie and ricky sounds like a much better 1/2 combo. wasn't our offense one of the best in the NFL? KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS. david carr and possible injury to ronnie puts us like the texans, and carr hasn't proven he can win without a solid running game. he might get protection, but he still wont do well here. i am not sold on carr being a starter in this league yet, maybe if texans keep him and they add bush it could change.

bottom line

Ricky and Ronnie should stay together because ricky will not take the work load again like wanny gave him. taking 150-200 less carries a year? being paid dirt cheap? miami will probably get him a 2 year extension this year because ricky has proven he loves the game and loves to be here and working with saban.

phinfan_1 said:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Personally I wouldn't trade Ricky for any avaliable QB right now in FA or the draft.
We all know what Ricky is capable of. In my opinion there is no other RB in football that can take over a game on his own and change the outcome of a game like Ricky.
Look what he did in 2002...over 1800 yards rushing and he did that with defenses knowing we couldn't pass with Lucas at QB. No doubt he would of had over 2000 yards.
And I'm not sure if Ronnie Brown will have the same effect on defenses as Ricky has.

true...he takes games over, he starts off slow, i read somewhere that ricky's average in the 4th quarter is over 5 yards a carry in his career. sounds good to me

You need 2 runningbacks to be successful in this league, and guess what people......we got.....2.

First of all... you don't need two probowl running backs. Obviously. Look at the playoff teams.

Second... two running backs does you no good at all if you have ZERO quarterbacks.

I love having Ricky and Ronnie... but we need a quarterback far, far more than a second tailback.

David Carr

G

QBRatAttCompPctYdsY/A Y/G TD IntSackFumFumL http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5887
16 77.2 423 256 60.5 2488 5.9 155.5 14 11 68 17 6

Gus Frerotte

G QBRat Att Comp Pct Yds Y/A Y/G TD Int Sack Fum FumL

16 71.9 494 257 52 2996 6.0 187.3 18 13 26 10 3

This is why I will not trade one of the best backs in the league for David Carr. He is not an upgrage at all. There is no reason a Qb should be sacked that many times; I don't care how bad the OL is. Ronnie is no where near the type of back Ricky is. I do like Ronnie, but there is nothing wrong with him playing behind Ricky for another year or two. Need an example? Look at what Larry Johnson did this year in KC. Waited for his time. Ronnie will get his.

nopony said:
First of all... you don't need two probowl running backs. Obviously. Look at the playoff teams.

Let me start by saying having Ricky & Ronnie doesnt guarantee us anything....but.....since you make the statement about not needing two quality RB's and requested we look at the playoff teams....ok...

Seattle - They have the league MVP at RB (backup is adequate so 1 is working for them)
Carolina - They are on their 3rd (Goings and he is no slouch), lost Starter and backup. So depth here is huge.

Denver - RB farm, along with OL talent they are all about depth at RB..hell I bet Shannahan could get 100 yards in that system.
Pittsburgh - Seriously, this argument is not working for you....3 solid RB's with differnent styles as well.

So looking at the playoff teams would indicate unless you have the league MVP at RB, you need 2 if not 3 talented RB's on your roster.

Do we need a longterm answer at QB sure, but the draft isnt helping us this year, and Carr doesnt automatically make us a better team...so I would rather have Ricky for another year minimum, if we draft one to start next year.

Finz Fury said:
I'd take Carr in a heartbeat, we could even throw in the 3rd rd pick and I still think it's a good deal. To me it just doesnt make much sense for the Texans. D.Davis is not as good as Ricky but he is a darn good rb who has squeaked out repeated 1000 yard seasons with his crappy oline. They just gave Davis a new contract too. Why would they trade for Ricky when what they really need is some olinemen?

Bravo on this post, the Texans could rotate Barry Sanders and Walter Payton and they'd still be 2-14. That o-line sucked when the franchise started and it still sucks today. If Houston's FO believes that trading their young QB for Ricky Williams is going to turn their franchise around we should make MANY deals with them because they can be raked over the coals easily. My opinion on this is that Carr is a nice option but at what price??? Ricky, with his head screwed on right, is a top 5 RB and he's proven that. Davis Carr hasn't proven he is a top 20 QB and before anyone starts on their o-line it's funny that Domanick Davis is still successful. I know the line stinks but Davis is still at least respectable while Carr struggles. We can speculate all we want but it's all 100% opinion. Ricky Williams rushing for 1800 yards behind a subpar offensive line and having 2, 200 yard games in one season is a FACT. Right now who's to say Ronnie Brown isn't going to be Sammie Smith, 2 crucial fumbles and a 3rd that was close. Look I don't believe that, but I'm playing devils advocate. I guess it comes down to this. If Saban believes all of the pieces are in place to make a run next season, which I'm sure many of our more impatient posters are hoping, a drastic move for a proven QB is a good idea. If he does not believe that, I think drafting a younger QB and sticking with gus won't hurt. I firmly believe that going with a QB who has virtually no experience, a rookie or a guy like Phillip Rivers would guarentee us a step backwards. A guy like Carr would be a better option, if the team is posied for a run.

Just remember, I've seen injuries to a starting RB paralyze seasons in the past. It's nice to have a potential SUPERSTAR, making minimum money on the bench.

So looking at the playoff teams would indicate unless you have the league MVP at RB, you need 2 if not 3 talented RB's on your roster.

Are you kidding??? Which of those teams... or the other playoff teams... has TWO probowl quality backs?

Are you trying to suggest that if we trade Ricky we aren't allowed to have ANYBODY play second tailback?

I wouldn't think that the biggest Ricky Williams fan in the world could say with a straight face that a second tailback is more important than a first quarterback.

That's just ridiculous.

So, let me get this straight, people who don't agree with you are ******ed? That's cute. Simple, pathetic, but cute. Even if the Texans would do that trade (which they wouldn't, as any halfway knowledgeable fan, therefore excluding you, would know), Carr is unproven, Ricky is proven, and Ronnie is still grooming behind a grooming O-line. But all of this is pointless because Ricky hasn't done enough to prove he will stick around, so no team will make such a trade without some picks included. Don't agree with that? Then you must be ****ing ******ed. :rolleyes:

nopony said:
Are you kidding??? Which of those teams... or the other playoff teams... has TWO probowl quality backs?

Are you trying to suggest that if we trade Ricky we aren't allowed to have ANYBODY play second tailback?

I wouldn't think that the biggest Ricky Williams fan in the world could say with a straight face that a second tailback is more important than a first quarterback.

That's just ridiculous.

Which of our two running backs made it to the pro bowl? And no one is saying it is more important, just that it isn't worth giving up for a QB that has yet to prove himself.

If the texans keep carr which will probally happen. there is still no chance of ricky staying. GET OVER IT.

Ark139954 said:
I agree 1000000000% THANK YOU for stating the most obvious thing. I dont understand what people cannot understand about that. Ricky is old and we have RONNIE, who is better and if u dont think he is you r crazy!

Yeah, that boy Ricky sure is one old *** guy...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom