Are 52% of ppl here ******ed? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are 52% of ppl here ******ed?

I kinda believe as Saban has said.... that you really need 2 good running backs to succeed through a whole season. I don't think he meant Ronnie and then a "Travis Minor" backing him up. I'm not sold on Carr as much as others.... He had his contract renewed recently with a huge bonus coming up.... I think the Texans would love to have Bush!

What's up is that we have Ricky for dirt cheap. We're not going to get value at that, or any position for as little as he going be against the cap. Also, I don't think people are sold on Carr. It'd be better to keep Ricky and get a QB via the draft. I'm not against trading Ricky, just not for David Carr. I think we can do better in the draft or free agency.

1stDownRBrown said:
I just voted in the poll on the frontpage, "Would you trade Ricky Williams for David Carr straight up?".. 52% of people said no... are you kidding me.. okay 1st off it wasn't too long ago when I was with about 1% of people defending Ricky and wanting him on the team when 99% were just bashing him. But lets look at the numbers game. We have 0 good QBs and 2 good RBs... Ricky being the older of the 2. Why would we not want a good, young QB to go with our good young RB when thats exactly what we need? Sure Houston sucked this year, but they also allowed the most sacks in the league.. their OLine sucked!.. It looked like our 2004 OLine.. Just my 2 cents.

I never ever bashed Ricky and always welcomed him back. Now he is back, I want him to stay. He is too valuable. There are too many other options for QB's!

TGall13 said:
What's up is that we have Ricky for dirt cheap. We're not going to get value at that, or any position for as little as he going be against the cap. Also, I don't think people are sold on Carr. It'd be better to keep Ricky and get a QB via the draft. I'm not against trading Ricky, just not for David Carr. I think we can do better in the draft or free agency.

Now how about we trade Madison and a 4th for David Carr???

I think majority of the people voting now is because they thing carr isn't the answer for us. I for one wouldn't be upset at getting david carr, but would prefer some1 to develope within the system as a draftee.

1stDownRBrown said:
I just voted in the poll on the frontpage, "Would you trade Ricky Williams for David Carr straight up?".. 52% of people said no... are you kidding me.. okay 1st off it wasn't too long ago when I was with about 1% of people defending Ricky and wanting him on the team when 99% were just bashing him. But lets look at the numbers game. We have 0 good QBs and 2 good RBs... Ricky being the older of the 2. Why would we not want a good, young QB to go with our good young RB when thats exactly what we need? Sure Houston sucked this year, but they also allowed the most sacks in the league.. their OLine sucked!.. It looked like our 2004 OLine.. Just my 2 cents.

Well,

A Carr isn't that young. He'll be 27 in July by the time he gets going in Miami's offense he'll mostl ikely be 29

&

B, He tain't all that good!

Ricky Williams is a ProBowler & is durable & will almost assuredly give any club 1300 yds.

Id rather keep Ricky (or trade him for 2 picks like a 3 & 5 w/an escalator clause) and draft a qb (like

Jay Cutler 6-3, 220 Vanderbilt

Omar Jacobs 6-4, 224 Bowling Green

Barrick Nealy 6-5, 235 Texas State

Charlie Whitehurst 6-4, 220 Clemson
Drew Olson 6-4, 220 UCLA (X)

I voted to keep Ricky simply because I am not sold on Carr, and wasnt when he came out of college. I would consider another QB, but not Carr. Dont like his motion, not sold on what he brings over keeping Ricky.

Give me another QB option (or have Nick Saban stand up and say he likes Carr alot) and I might support a trade like this.

I'm a huge Ricky fan, and would trade him for Carr in min., It is nice to have him, but we spent the #2 pick in the draft on a rb, and we need a qb...............

I wanna keep Ricky, cause we need a QB that is young young, as in out of college young, sitting there learning the ropes from the sidelines for a year, then have him come out and show his stuff in 2007. Cause Carr is getting there in age, and wouldn't be a long term solution more like a "halfway" solution since he's halfway thro his career already, and hasn't done squat.

I think we're making a lot of assumptions here w/ Carr. We're assuming that he's a very good QB just playing behind a terrible line. We're assuming that if Carr was on the Dolphins, he'd be head and shoulders better than what we have already. We're also assuming that because he was the #1 overall pick in the draft, that he's great. From what I've seen of Carr (which isn't much), I'm not very impressed. Yes, his line wasn't that good this year but even when he had time to throw, he found a way to hold onto the ball to long.

I'm not a big fan of his so I voted to keep Ricky. On the other hand, if all of the assumptions were truths, I would have voted for Carr.

I don't get it either. Ricky is very valuable to us. But trading a back that is going to split carries at best for a starting QB is a no brainer. Carr didn't have a very good season but he spent most of it on his back. I think he would be a very good QB for a long time here. Having said all that it's not going to happen anyway the Texan's would be crazy to let Carr go so cheap.

This is so obvious, I do nto know why you are so shocked. The reasons to not make this trade:

1. Inury. Less you forget Ronnie missed the last two games. Not a big deal this year, but in future years we could be in the middle of a playoff run.

2. Ronnie has not proven he is a big time RB. He had a few decent games and a few bad games. The game he did well were usually because of one or two big runs. Not because he was dominating the ground. Ricky does take over games and until Ronnie proves he can be at that level he is still unproven.

3. David Carr is the equivalent of Ronnie at RB. Some great games some bad games. How good is he? Who knows?

4. There are ways to get other QBs and KEEP both RBs. The draft, Free Agency, etc. This is the nest answer. A Good QB and Both Ricky and Ronnie.

Simple enough.

you act as if carr is a "can't miss" player. if the people who get paid to evaluate talent for the phins think this, then they should do it. from my vantage point, i wouldn't do it. develop your own QB, one who hasn't had his confidence destroyed by being on a lousy team.

Let's face it from the Texan's P.O.V.

They will only trade Carr for Ricky if they think they will get better value out of Ricky than they will out of Carr. When you look at Ricky's baggage:
- 1 failed drug test away from a 12 month ban
- History of quitting on a team
- Has publicly stated he does not intend on playing more than another 2 or 3 years
- Is a known kook, who did not fit into one dressing room in the NFL (N.O.)
- Has an anxiety disorder which makes his behaviour unpredictable

The Texans won't have an enforceable $8.6m judgement against Ricky to ensure his continued good conduct.

If the Texans trade Carr for Ricky, then their opinion of Carr must be that he has irredeemable flaws and that he'll never be a quality starter in this league. Remember they've had 3 years worth of closed practices and games to come to that conclusion.

In which case the Dolphins are more than likely to get burned in the trade, which is why I voted against it.

Back
Top Bottom