Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are a couple crappy wins really worth it guys?

I know it's great to see our team win. And I know there is no guarantee that the #1 QB will be a great pick. But having to settle for the 3rd or 4th qb in the draft will not make chances better.

The bottom line is it has been DECADES of misery for all of us. Iamagine how much easier things will be if we get "that" guy at qb.

I am numb to the losing at this point.

I am thrilled that we found a coach. That is huge. But until we find a qb we will be the same mediocre team we have been watching for 2+ decades

:mad:
Is that why we never won a SB with Marino? Or is it because we never had a complete team around him?

Show me proof that getting the 1st pick vs the 10th pick will be better for our franchise long-term? The patriots haven't picked in the top 10 in like 20 years, and they are perennial Super Bowl favorites.

I'm all for getting a talented QB, but this upcoming draft has 4-5 QBs in the first round likely (kind of like the year we drafted Ryan Tannehill). If you recall that year, who was drafted 1st? RG3. Getting the 1st pick doesn't fix anything.

Quit acting like you know getting Tua or Burrow or whoever at pick 1 will guarantee success. You are as clueless as everyone else, drafting is a giant crap-shoot, especially if there's no culture or scheme fit to pair with the pick (like how we drafted Charles Harris, an OLB, to play DE).
I agree w this. The only thing that no 1 pick guarantees is that if we wanted to deal it we’d get more for it than it is likely worth to us. But we have a ton of picks and money. Let’s not **** it up and trade it all to move up for Dion Jordan again. Stick to the plan of building a fundamentally sound program and go get the players to play within it. Drafting QBs is a total crap shoot.

Is that why we never won a SB with Marino? Or is it because we never had a complete team around him?
Exactly. Poor drafting from ‘84-‘89 crushed us. We didn’t have a good one until Webb and Sims in ‘90. Need the QB but the QB needs help. Look at Mahomes this year. Today is a good example. He goes off for 450 yards or something and they lose. Their D is worse than last year and they don’t have Hunt in the backfield.

I agree w this. The only thing that no 1 pick guarantees is that if we wanted to deal it we’d get more for it than it is likely worth to us. But we have a ton of picks and money. Let’s not **** it up and trade it all to move up for Dion Jordan again. Stick to the plan of building a fundamentally sound program and go get the players to play within it. Drafting QBs is a total crap shoot.
Yeah Christ that Dion Jordan trade was a disaster.

QB's grow and regress just like everyone else, and confidence is a huge factor. Nick Foles was out of the league before he came back and won the superbowl with Philly. He couldn't even get backup QB work. Brock Osweiler displaced Peyton Manning the year the Broncos won their superbowl. Confidence, scheme fit, and team chemistry/culture are all important for players, which is why there's never a "sure-thing" picking in the draft.

Show me proof that getting the 1st pick vs the 10th pick will be better for our franchise long-term? The patriots haven't picked in the top 10 in like 20 years, and they are perennial Super Bowl favorites.

I'm all for getting a talented QB, but this upcoming draft has 4-5 QBs in the first round likely (kind of like the year we drafted Ryan Tannehill). If you recall that year, who was drafted 1st? RG3. Getting the 1st pick doesn't fix anything.

Quit acting like you know getting Tua or Burrow or whoever at pick 1 will guarantee success. You are as clueless as everyone else, drafting is a giant crap-shoot, especially if there's no culture or scheme fit to pair with the pick (like how we drafted Charles Harris, an OLB, to play DE).

No, I don't recall RG3 being drafted first overall, because he wasn't. Really, if you bothered to actually look at the history of the 1st overall pick in the NFL draft, quarterbacks drafted 1st overall are much more likely to win championships and become Super Bowl MVPs. I posted about that back in 2011. You always want to have that first pick in every round, but especially in rounds 1 and 2.

You don't recall so well. Andrew Luck was the first pick that year.

Totally different era of football. With the way the rules are so geared toward the offense and especially the passing game, It's never been more important to have elite like QB play. A Dan Marino led team in this era would be a Super Bowl contender even more so than when he was playing.

Some were complaining that this team only plays for a half. They try to lose the 2nd half on purpose. Regardless, some of you will find a way to complain.

I see a defense with no big names buying into the system and giving 100% effort for their coaches.

Now some are complaining because we are winning games and beating teams that are clearly better than the Dolphins on paper.

Some Dolfans are hilarious!!!!

Back
Top Bottom