Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive?

Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive?

• They're monotonous

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • They're monotonous, passive-aggressive, and may actually be a sign of narcissism for their creators.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • They're constructive! Also, I'm easily fooled by leading questions from people with agendas.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Chris Grier hurt me in a way that I am uncomfortable sharing. He's the devil!

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
Poll closes in two days.

Do you, my fellow posters, feel that the continual attempts to campaign for Anti-Grier sentiment is a constructive attempt at discussion?

Could there actually be a beneficial motive behind them?

Or are they just poorly-disguised attempts to say "I hate Chris Grier, and if you disagree with me, you're stupid and like mediocrity!"

Discuss!

Context.

He should be judged after Tannenbaum left

He should be judged on a time line relative to a team that completely blew up their roster and had to start from scratch from a salary cap perspective

4 years in the team is loaded and ready to compete for a championship

Last edited:
I always go back to this....there are things he's done well and things he's done bad imo but what gets me is this........people that try to defense him always give us a list of the good players on the team which is fine......but as soon as somebody mention the bad picks or free agents we've gotten then his fans say those were the players that the HC wanted.......you can’t have it both ways.....if he doesn’t get the blame for the bad players then he can’t get the credit for the good players.........OTOH, if you're going to blame him for the bad picks then he gets the credit for the good picks as well.

He seems like a super nice guy and I hope he does well but I'd agree that some people only see the good and some people only see the bad.

Chris Grier hurt me! Waaa, he hurt me so good! 😍 I am now convinced… We are at…”The Infection Point”. There may need to be a new doc you drama series…loosely based on the hit series “the Fleeced Files” (a production of Finheaven Inc.) to fully comprehend this phenomenon and more importantly, to eradicate it from our site, so it saves our children! 👻

I always go back to this....there are things he's done well and things he's done bad imo but what gets me is this........people that try to defense him always give us a list of the good players on the team which is fine......but as soon as somebody mention the bad picks or free agents we've gotten then his fans say those were the players that the HC wanted.......you can’t have it both ways.....if he doesn’t get the blame for the bad players then he can’t get the credit for the good players.........OTOH, if you're going to blame him for the bad picks then he gets the credit for the good picks as well.

He seems like a super nice guy and I hope he does well but I'd agree that some people only see the good and some people only see the bad.

If this thread legitimately turns into a rational discussion about Grier, it'll be awesome.

100% agreed. And yes, he should be held equally responsible for the bad picks and good picks. My point with Grier has always been that by all reports, he leans heavily toward giving his HC not only the positions he wants, but also the specific players he wants. So those hits and misses are equally shared, too.

The one thing I've always said I critique Grier for is his hand in the HC selections. It'll be nice if McDaniel doesn't follow the path of the previous 2 HC and become a lunatic after two seasons.

They're monotonous, passive-aggressive, and may actually be a sign of narcissism for their creators.

These questions are all leaning to the same direction but I'd vote for the first part of this one, but not the second part. I don't mind Grier thread starters but at this point overall he's simply grading out above average C+ due to an inordinate amount of luck and trading (Tunsil). He's made some good picks Phillips has lived up to his 1st round talent and Holland has done well but wasting two 1st round picks with Jackson and Noah yet boosted to above avg. with his FA. singings. I could see him doing worse from here on out.

I’ve said this plenty of times before:

Chris Grier lands somewhere in the middle… which is, you know, the law of averages.

I think a healthy discussion about his pros and cons are good… but people who BASH him are being thoughtless and people who defend him endlessly are full sized homers living in another world.

He truthfully lands somewhere in the middle, and maybe slightly toward the good side then the bad… and with that said, because we’ve been SO bad for 20+ years, it’s easier to understand the pessimistic person who is slightly grumpy (aka not the full blown hater), then is the person who blissfully defends him tooth and nail.

Yes Please Clothes GIF by Heavy Steppers

Show me on the doll where the bad Grier touched you, Opps we can see.

I’ve said this plenty of times before:

Chris Grier lands somewhere in the middle… which is, you know, the law of averages.

I think a healthy discussion about his pros and cons are good… but people who BASH him are being thoughtless and people who defend him endlessly are full sized homers living in another world.

He truthfully lands somewhere in the middle, and maybe slightly toward the good side then the bad… and with that said, because we’ve been SO bad for 20+ years, it’s easier to understand the pessimistic person who is slightly grumpy (aka not the full blown hater), then is the person who blissfully defends him tooth and nail.

Grand slam post.

There’s people making negative threads about our lord and savior????? Let me at ‘em! 🤬
Every time one of you finally goes away another pops up. I truly believe all the **** posters are just one guy with multiple accounts and a lot of time on their hands.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There is no argument IMO. Look at the talent on the roster note vs 2018. That’s the argument. If you think he stinks make the argument that we have had better rosters with different GMs.

Back
Top Bottom