Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive?

Are Anti-Grier Threads Monotonous or Constructive?

• They're monotonous

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • They're monotonous, passive-aggressive, and may actually be a sign of narcissism for their creators.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • They're constructive! Also, I'm easily fooled by leading questions from people with agendas.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Chris Grier hurt me in a way that I am uncomfortable sharing. He's the devil!

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no argument IMO. Look at the talent on the roster note vs 2018. That’s the argument. If you think he stinks make the argument that we have had better rosters with different GMs.
It's not that black and white. To me the best GM's are the ones that are consistent and can do the most with the least.....like I said before, Grier has done some good stuff but he's has a ton of premium picks and money to work with....the roster could be better if we're being honest but sure, it could be worse.

All the Grier threads are extremely stupid if you actually understand how the Dolphins operate. Grier is not making significant decisions by fiat.

All the Grier threads are extremely stupid if you actually understand how the Dolphins operate. Grier is not making significant decisions by fiat.
Brother are you trying say a certain visitor needs to get a girlfriend? Asking for a friend. :lol:

Last edited:
Poll closes in two days.

Do you, my fellow posters, feel that the continual attempts to campaign for Anti-Grier sentiment is a constructive attempt at discussion?

Could there actually be a beneficial motive behind them?

Or are they just poorly-disguised attempts to say "I hate Chris Grier, and if you disagree with me, you're stupid and like mediocrity!"

Discuss!

I didn't pick any options. There needs to be an 'Often unrealistic.'
Too many complain GRIER makes bad picks, as if he's in a steel vault and makes picks, walks in on draft day, shows everyone HIS board, and tells them to like it or turn in their resignation. Some stay within eyesight of reality and state 'the buck stops here' with Grier, ignoring how he's doing in other parts of his job, and changes he's made to help the organization (i.e., draft).
Realistically, Grier has made mistakes - part of dealing with humans. Realistically, it is the job of the HC and staff to have significant input into the board - Grier spends comparatively little time on evaluations. To some, this sounds like those giving this type of critique are apologists, thus a lot of the vitriol. Again, Grier has his flaws. To digress, this reminds me of all the RTan threads. Those arguing RTan had some talent were apoloogists. If, later, those same people argued he had flaws were 'anti-RTan.' The truth is, too few seem to se good AND bad in a target.

I didn't pick any options. There needs to be an 'Often unrealistic.'
Too many complain GRIER makes bad picks, as if he's in a steel vault and makes picks, walks in on draft day, shows everyone HIS board, and tells them to like it or turn in their resignation. Some stay within eyesight of reality and state 'the buck stops here' with Grier, ignoring how he's doing in other parts of his job, and changes he's made to help the organization (i.e., draft).
Realistically, Grier has made mistakes - part of dealing with humans. Realistically, it is the job of the HC and staff to have significant input into the board - Grier spends comparatively little time on evaluations. To some, this sounds like those giving this type of critique are apologists, thus a lot of the vitriol. Again, Grier has his flaws. To digress, this reminds me of all the RTan threads. Those arguing RTan had some talent were apoloogists. If, later, those same people argued he had flaws were 'anti-RTan.' The truth is, too few seem to se good AND bad in a target.
Absolutely fair...

In the written piece that led to this thread, Grier was ranked 15th best GM-- right around the middle.

If we win a playoff game this year, he'll move up several spots.

Absolutely fair...

In the written piece that led to this thread, Grier was ranked 15th best GM-- right around the middle.

If we win a playoff game this year, he'll move up several spots.
Where is this ranking? Could you share please

15) Chris Grier, Miami Dolphins​

The hiring of Mike McDaniel and the acquisition of Tyreek Hill has Grier's roller-coaster tenure in Miami looking up. The top picks of the 2022 draft class were spent in trades, but the 2021 class (Jaylen Waddle, Jaelan Phillips, Jevon Holland) is good enough to make up for that. The Jalen Ramsey trade and David Long signing look like steals, although there are still questions about the offensive line. Grier may have lost valuable draft currency because of Miami's tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton, but there's no guarantee he'd still have a job if that plan had somehow come to fruition, with Payton taking over as head coach. So this timeline is working out pretty well for him.

They're monotonous and full of inaccuracies as people seem to have no idea what 'average' means. Reality is that if you look at most GMs after 4 years, almost none of them have built rosters that are considered one of the most talented in the league, have added a coaching staff that most consider one of the best in the league and have a cap situation most gurus consider one of the best in the league. Anybody saying "that's average" is remarkably clueless about what happens in the rest of the NFL.

I feel like everything should be on the table, but it does get a little monotonous.

Of course, we all have the power to pick and choose what threads we are interested in.

15) Chris Grier, Miami Dolphins​

The hiring of Mike McDaniel and the acquisition of Tyreek Hill has Grier's roller-coaster tenure in Miami looking up. The top picks of the 2022 draft class were spent in trades, but the 2021 class (Jaylen Waddle, Jaelan Phillips, Jevon Holland) is good enough to make up for that. The Jalen Ramsey trade and David Long signing look like steals, although there are still questions about the offensive line. Grier may have lost valuable draft currency because of Miami's tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton, but there's no guarantee he'd still have a job if that plan had somehow come to fruition, with Payton taking over as head coach. So this timeline is working out pretty well for him.
Pretty fair. Grier moves up significantly if the Dolphins start to have postseason success. That's where it's at now IMO.

Back
Top Bottom