Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are any of you concerned about Van Noy going to NE?

Do you think Miami's defense will suffer this year as a result of Kyle Van Noy going to New England?

• Total voters

H.P. Lovedrafts

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Kyle Van Noy going back to New England this year. He seemed extremely bitter about being cut and I know he'll probably do anything he can to try and make the Dolphins look foolish for doing so, including giving Belichick as much information about our defense as he can. This isn't a nose tackle or defensive end going to a division rival - this is a quarterback of the defense going to a division rival. Coach Flores and Coach Boyer are smart guys and I'm sure they'll change things up so this year's defensive playbook isn't exactly the same as the one Van Noy learned. I just hope it's enough. I have bad memories of us cutting Keith Byars back in 1996 and him giving the New England coaching staff everything he knew about our offense, which was quite a bit.

What do you all think?

I'm concerned about Kyle Van Noy going back to New England this year. He seemed extremely bitter about being cut and I know he'll probably do anything he can to try and make the Dolphins look foolish for doing so, including giving Belichick as much information about our defense as he can. This isn't a nose tackle or defensive end going to a division rival - this is a quarterback of the defense going to a division rival. Coach Flores and Coach Boyer are smart guys and I'm sure they'll change things up so this year's defensive playbook isn't exactly the same as the one Van Noy learned. I just hope it's enough. I have bad memories of us cutting Keith Byars back in 1996 and him giving the New England coaching staff everything he knew about our offense, which was quite a bit.

What do you all think?
I'm not concerned at all!

I understand your thinking, but not concerned at all. I expect he'll play well against us, but i would expect that either way. I also expect coach Flo to have our team so prepared to play that the negative effect of this one player being there is negated to basically zero.

I suspect Van Noy will be highly motivated, but it's not like we don't go up against other defenders who are highly motivated too. As for him knowing our playbook and tendencies? Not worried about that either. That's why he was here in the first place. Coaches adjust and add wrinkles here and there, but the foundation of what we, and every other team, want to do is there in plain sight. Every game is tough. We have to be prepared, focused, play hard, and execute (do our jobs). We have the talent to beat the Patriots. We just have to WANT it more than them. ( <---Same could be said about any other teams we play, especially the Bills! Is this the year we let them know who's boss?)

Last edited:
Every player on the team knows the playbook. A month from now, 40 of them are getting cut. I’m not going to worry about them, just like I’m not worried about Van Noy. It’s not like his information on NE helped us much last season. Plus, we have McCourty. If you’re worried about Van Noy sharing information (which is something every player does, not just the LBs) then you gotta even it out by signing McCourty

What do you all think?
If you’re concerned about Van Noy you may wanna giving up following sports. We didn’t lose Marino in his prime to NE

Van Noy was instinctive but Slow, Him being cut was because we had more athletic options. Flo new he would go back to NE and if he’s not concerned I’m Not..

What do you all think?
not concerned, when i first read your post fast and saw the Van, my first thought was van ginkel and then i would be very concerned.

Van Noy was with Miami for just one year, and was injured, recovering a part of it.

While the defensive coaching staff has proven they know what they're doing, so if they prepare expecting to know absolutely what Miami will do 100% defensively, they are going to be in for a long day.

I'm not worried because after we signed him, all the Pats fans bagged on the guy - talking about how Bill got filet mignon out of hamburger, stuff like that. I guess they had no idea there was a chance he'd spend a year in Miami and end up right back in their laps. I bet they love him again now though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom