Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't like most media stuff, because it's just hot take garbage. But I like hearing dan orvlosky who breaks things down and has been a tua supporter, but I think he and rc brought up good points. I don't like Rex ryan, but he might be right too. Just wanted to share this and what some thought.

I don't like most media stuff, because it's just hot take garbage. But I like hearing dan orvlosky who breaks things down and has been a tua supporter, but I think he and rc brought up good points. I don't like Rex ryan, but he might be right too. Just wanted to share this and what some thought.

Only thing I don't agree with is Ryan labeling Tua a one read QB... I think Tua sometime becomes a one read QB and that's when he gets into trouble. This usually happens when he's either pressing or getting over confident. Tua's YPA in the fist half was around 20 yards per attemps, which is simply unheard of, I think he got sloppy and started just "assuming" as Orvlosky pointed out... Same thing happened in the Texans game... 30 burgers in a half, getting sloppy in the 2nd...

Tua isnt a one read QB, he's shown time and time again he isnt, but he does get sloppy at times and becomes one... This is literally all he needs to fix and don't get me wrong, it's absolutely not an easy fix.

Only thing I don't agree with is Ryan labeling Tua a one read QB... I think Tua sometime becomes a one read QB and that's when he gets into trouble. This usually happens when he's either pressing or getting over confident. Tua's YPA in the fist half was around 20 yards per attemps, which is simply unheard of, I think he got sloppy and started just "assuming" as Orvlosky pointed out... Same thing happened in the Texans game... 30 burgers in a half, getting sloppy in the 2nd...

Tua isnt a one read QB, he's shown time and time again he isnt, but he does get sloppy at times and becomes one... This is literally all he needs to fix and don't get me wrong, it's absolutely not an easy fix.

Don't know. I think it CAN be an easy fix. I agree, he can get sloppy and he needs to get away from that 1st read as automatic. The hurdle will be when a D has a game plan to slow that down in 1Q. Fans saw LAC do that with success. What's not as easy is teaching him patience and understanding every play doesn't have to work.

Anyone remember what JC Jackson said about Tua and was ridiculed for it...even though there were stats to back it up?

He doesn't sound so crazy with the "one read/throw it up" observation.

Take away some responsibility from Tua...even if Hill throws a hissy fit.
Screenshot 2022-12-26 141314.png

Don't know. I think it CAN be an easy fix

I think he needs to find a new trainer. Someone who knows how to QB.

Clearly opposing defenses have schemed to either take away or limit Tua's access to the middle of the field. This started in SF and continues. We just haven't adjusted......
This is at an instinct level, this type of **** is hard to change in an individual, its doable but its something he, and he alone needs to work on... Tua has been an aggro QB for his entire career college and pro, its who he is, its not as easy as telling him dont do it, its on the mindset level which needs a lot of work to change. In Tua's case, you get this out of his system and you get a perennial top 5 QB. Its absolutely not an easy fix but also a reason you do not let that go. if that makes any sense... It does to me...

This is at an instinct level, this type of **** is hard to change in an individual, its doable but its something he, and he alone needs to work on... Tua has been an aggro QB for his entire career college and pro, its who he is, its not as easy as telling him dont do it, its on the mindset level which needs a lot of work to change. In Tua's case, you get this out of his system and you get a perennial top 5 QB. Its absolutely not an easy fix but also a reason you do not let that go. if that makes any sense... It does to me...
Contrary to popular opinions around here the last two days........there is no way I'm letting Tua go. Does he need work, yes....does he have the skill to win....yes he has that as well.

Well said. He has the traits to be that top guy but he needs to mature and be developed into that QB.

I think getting a more consistent O Line will help, as would not not having the pressure of having to score 30 points a game to win. We almost need him to play hero ball right now because we give up so much on d.

Contrary to popular opinions around here the last two days........there is no way I'm letting Tua go. Does he need work, yes....does he have the skill to win....yes he has that as well.
I've learned a long time ago that popular opinion after a loss here is very different from what the popular opinion is after people have had time to get over said loss... its understandable.

I've learned a long time ago that popular opinion after a loss here is very different from what the popular opinion is after people have had time to get over said loss... its understandable.
Oh yeah.....I get the frustration and anger. Although some of these takes are a bit absurd, there is definitely a need to vent and get it ou

Well said. He has the traits to be that top guy but he needs to mature and be developed into that QB.

I think getting a more consistent O Line will help, as would not not having the pressure of having to score 30 points a game to win. We almost need him to play hero ball right now because we give up so much on d.
Yeah I disagree tbh... I'm as big of a Tua fan as you'll find around here but this is an issue he needs to fix regardless of the team around him... Outside of the Mostert fumble, which played a big part IMO, he's the number 1 reason the Fins lost yesterday. And that's ok to me, mainly because even with his flaws right now, he's a pretty efficient QB leading the league in many very important metrics for a QB... This is not a finished product by any means, and there's no guarantees he'll ever get there... But his isn't a sell signal by any means either.

If anyone said prior to the start of the year that Tua probably finished the year close or over 4k yards with a 25 td to 8 int ratio, people would be jumping for joy instead we have people that want him gone lol

After yesterdays loss, and even w the 3 picks on 3 drives, I’m not calling to move on from Tua. I’ve seen what he is capable of. I am however, feeling that once again we hired an under qualified coach to be our HC. 15 games in and we have a guy who hasn’t done anything w the defense or ST - and runs an offense that sends just about everything through Hill and Waddle and very little use of everyone else - even though the last time we won a game we were using everyone. He has developed Tua - he deserves credit for that - but I’m not seeing a good game day coach - the red flags were there early - and continue. But I think Tua is a keeper, I really do.

After yesterdays loss, and even w the 3 picks on 3 drives, I’m not calling to move on from Tua. I’ve seen what he is capable of. I am however, feeling that once again we hired an under qualified coach to be our HC. 15 games in and we have a guy who hasn’t done anything w the defense or ST - and runs an offense that sends just about everything through Hill and Waddle and very little use of everyone else - even though the last time we won a game we were using everyone. He has developed Tua - he deserves credit for that - but I’m not seeing a good game day coach - the red flags were there early - and continue. But I think Tua is a keeper, I really do.
Is forcing the ball deep a McDaniel thing or a Tua thing? Because from what I'm seeing lately, the shorter options are there, they're just getting ignored a lot...

Back
Top Bottom