Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip

I don't like most media stuff, because it's just hot take garbage. But I like hearing dan orvlosky who breaks things down and has been a tua supporter, but I think he and rc brought up good points. I don't like Rex ryan, but he might be right too. Just wanted to share this and what some thought.

The simple truth is Tua lacks certain physical tools that allow a competent defensive coordinator to limit this offense. If the middle of the field is taken away, those limitations become more visible and more painful..

This is WHY a number of people such as myself have said he should never have been picked number 5 overall over Herbert. If everything is going well then Tua can be highly effective, but things must go well. The LBs can't be too deep on their drops which means the running game must be strong, he isn't the most mobile guy, he isn't very tall so he needs an alley for vision etc etc.

Is he the worst QB? No certainly not, however, is he the guy who can overcome when things don't go his way.....consistently NO, however he might be able to do it once in a while.

guy who coached in the nfl for 20 years: tua is a one-read QB.

tua fanboy who doesn't even watch tape: i disagree.

guy who coached in the nfl for 20 years: tua is a one-read QB.

tua fanboy who doesn't even watch tape: i disagree.
Many other coaches and players whoā€™ve been in the league for 20 + years: He goes through all his progression from 1 to 4 quickly.

Tua hater who just doesnā€™t like Tua: yeah but heā€™s a noodle arm.

From another lens: in a way all of this handwringing is because of 1 throw and bad luck. Of the 3 ints, one of those was a miscommunication (to Mostert). First was just a bad ball/decision -- he saw what was happening and just overthrew it.

The 3rd throw is the most concerning, this is where he got baited and assumed the corner would not drop, and what most of this thread seemingly addresses.

But just to show you how much luck determines things...if you throw it 25 times you're going to miss a couple times, just hope that they aren't caught by the other team. And doubly bad luck for all 3 int to happen in the 4th q with the game on the line. You could argue he choked or argue that binomial distribution is a b****.

This is at an instinct level, this type of **** is hard to change in an individual, its doable but its something he, and he alone needs to work on... Tua has been an aggro QB for his entire career college and pro, its who he is, its not as easy as telling him dont do it, its on the mindset level which needs a lot of work to change. In Tua's case, you get this out of his system and you get a perennial top 5 QB. Its absolutely not an easy fix but also a reason you do not let that go. if that makes any sense... It does to me...

Makes sense

I dont pay for the subscription so I couldnt openit, but a ton of brothers on here have mentioned this with me... superduper not being one of them...
I have said this over and over again. After the first read, quick throw, TUA is rather easy to figure out
again, dont worry about the boundary's, put pressure in the middle of the line and he will implode

1672087331940.png

I knew the perfect person to help Tua. This guy is too old now but in the past, he knew how to make his players play above their level. This guy only coached basketball too. But his training methods were unheard of.

I believe Mostert admitted he wasn't in the right place on that 2nd one. He was supposed to curl there where Tua threw it and he kept running downfield. The first and third were just weirdly bad throws.....
Gotcha. That makes sense considering how terribly bad that play was.

Another piece of evidence of the one-read accusation:

It's a good question and something I've also wondered.
Pretty sure it's a Tua thing. It's been a constant ever since he's been here despite the early narratives. Ultimately if the shallow routes are there and you are throwing into covered receivers deeper, that's on you as the QB

If anyone said prior to the start of the year that Tua probably finished the year close or over 4k yards with a 25 td to 8 int ratio, people would be jumping for joy instead we have people that want him gone lol
You donā€™t have any reservations about locking him up for 6 years at say 40-45 mil/year? Iā€™m on the fence maybe off if he finishes weak.

You donā€™t have any reservations about locking him up for 6 years at say 40-45 mil/year? Iā€™m on the fence maybe off if he finishes weak.
Make him play his rookie contract out...

He hasn't shown anything, considering his first two seasons and this brutal stretch, that would prompt us to willingly give him $40 million. He may not even be in the league much longer. He's in the concussion protocol again.

In terms of the bigger picture, I think Tua has shown enough to be better than Garrapolo. If the GM feels that they have the cap situation / other pieces to build around that, then he certainly deserves another year. Focus on buildling up the OL and RB and get McD the wide zone ground game he's always wanted. Then let Tua play off that rather than carrying the offense like Marino.

Make him play his rookie contract out...

He hasn't shown anything, considering his first two seasons and this brutal stretch, that would prompt us to willingly give him $40 million. He may not even be in the league much longer. He's in the concussion protocol again.
Just heard that heā€™s in protocol I guess weā€™re ****ed now. Kind of makes sense his performance was Hall of Fame like and then bad rookie like. Sure which the coaches wouldā€™ve seen that couldā€™ve saved the game maybe

Back
Top Bottom