Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip

dude, i was upset yesterday that they were breaking the huddle with only a few seconds to go on almost every play......when you always snap the ball with one second left it gives an advantage to the defense.....they can go on the snap without worrying about jumping offsides
Green Bay was guilty of this far beyond the Dolphins. They were snapping the ball between 0 and 1 on one play after another, and especially on key plays. I was appreciative. It does play in favor of the defense. The one time Green Bay tried to vary it up, we got caught with too many men on the field and McDaniel was forced to call time out.

He was successful in New England...

That's two teams...two success stories.
There is a reason they traded for Lance, NE was 17 games in 3 years.. not exactly a huge sample size.

If he were here we would have plenty of complaints about him also.

There is a reason they traded for Lance, NE was 17 games in 3 years.. not exactly a huge sample size.

If he were here we would have plenty of complaints about him also.
They traded for Lance because they wanted a more dynamic QB...here come Mr. Irrelevant leading them to a division title using the same formula that has them in the mix as one of the best teams in the league.

We need to treat Tua and out offense like Jimmy G and the 9ers...not Mahomes and KC. Tua isn't ready for that at this time.

If Tua could win games with his arm what happened against Green Bay? He choked because that is what he is. He isn’t a QB that will put the team on his back and win. 2 mins and down by 6, all of the top QBs win that game. If Marino gets the ball with 2 mins left down by 6, everyone knows he is getting a TD. But not Tua, throws directly to the defender.

He did it vs the ravens, he did it vs the lions, vs bears. Hell 29 point probably should of been enough vs the bills, most they’ve given up was 33 this year but that was with OT. To expect it every game is unreasonable and unfair to Tua. He also might of had a concussion which explains him misrepresenting the depth of the wideout throwing bad picks. He has multiple games with him driving down when we’ve needed a score and this was like the only time he’s failed. It’s a team sport, bills just won by 22 with Allen throwing 180 yards 2 tds and 2 ints, chargers just won by 17 with Herbert having 230 yards an int and 0 tds. The great Mahomes has 3 wins where he threw as many tds as ints, you know how many Tua has? 0… the point is Tua has needed to play flawless to win games this year. You should never be that qb dependent and in the event that you are your qb better be Mahomes or Allen even then they’ll let you done some time.

Another piece of evidence of the one-read accusation:

Wow! Maybe Tua is afraid of being hit, especially behind an o-line that isn't very good. So, he wants to get the ball out as quickly as possible to his first read, whether they're open or not. A good QB who could move around and extend plays would have saw Gesicki and made a big play.

We have had 6 3rd qtrs. and 8 4th qtrs., where we posted 0's.
4 1st qtrs., and 0 2nd qrts's with 0's. 3 games we were shut out in the second half.
That shows when teams adjust at halftime, McD and the offense doesn't respond well.

He did it vs the ravens, he did it vs the lions, vs bears. Hell 29 point probably should of been enough vs the bills, most they’ve given up was 33 this year but that was with OT. To expect it every game is unreasonable and unfair to Tua. He also might of had a concussion which explains him misrepresenting the depth of the wideout throwing bad picks. He has multiple games with him driving down when we’ve needed a score and this was like the only time he’s failed. It’s a team sport, bills just won by 22 with Allen throwing 180 yards 2 tds and 2 ints, chargers just won by 17 with Herbert having 230 yards an int and 0 tds. The great Mahomes has 3 wins where he threw as many tds as ints, you know how many Tua has? 0… the point is Tua has needed to play flawless to win games this year. You should never be that qb dependent and in the event that you are your qb better be Mahomes or Allen even then they’ll let you done some time.
The Lions and Bears games we scored 14 in the 3rd quarter but posted 0's in the 4th, and both of those teams had a chance to win the game in the 4th. We don't put team away. I am not blaming Tua, but we don't respond well when teams adjust. 4th quarter is our lowest scoring quarter and that is with a 28 Vs the Ravens.

The Lions and Bears games we scored 14 in the 3rd quarter but posted 0's in the 4th, and both of those teams had a chance to win the game in the 4th. We don't put team away. I am not blaming Tua, but we don't respond well when teams adjust. 4th quarter is our lowest scoring quarter and that is with a 28 Vs the Ravens.
I think it is very fair to point out we don't handle it well when teams adjust to counter us....we have seen that multiple times this year, especially these last 4 weeks.

I would also think there is lots of blame for that amongst the coaches. Hopefully they are learning from it.

Wow! Maybe Tua is afraid of being hit, especially behind an o-line that isn't very good. So, he wants to get the ball out as quickly as possible to his first read, whether they're open or not. A good QB who could move around and extend plays would have saw Gesicki and made a big play.

There are ways to give the QB more time in addition to the QB moving around. I see little of either. Based on no evidence, it still seems Mcd has told him 'stay in the pocket.' At times it looks like he wants to run or scramble, but changes his mind and sits in the pocket.

I think it is very fair to point out we don't handle it well when teams adjust to counter us....we have seen that multiple times this year, especially these last 4 weeks.

I would also think there is lots of blame for that amongst the coaches. Hopefully they are learning from it.

I see no evidence.

want evidence Mcd has learned to adjust. Miami is playing BB who is a master at attacking an O. Will Mcd adjust as he must? will he call plays that help TB? If he's learned from mistakes, fans will find out Sunday.

The part about Tua assuming people are going to move is dead on. He got in trouble a few times early in the year with that. He needs to mix it up. He cannot look off on every throw. There has to be an option where he looks in the initial direction and if the defender doesn't move, throw it there. Burn them for guessing.

Tua hasn't been the same since that hit he got bent backwards in the Texans game. So I'll No. He has changed after that hit to something worse. He ain't reading the Defence right and is off on his throws , and looks nervous. Something ain't right since that hit.

Then what’s your excuse for the Chargers who have a decimated defense or Green Bay? 2 games that should have been easy wins, Tia coming out and shits the bed. He is highly inconsistent and injury prone. This was supposed to be the year for Tia to prove himself and he failed. Time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom