Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip

You don’t have any reservations about locking him up for 6 years at say 40-45 mil/year? I’m on the fence maybe off if he finishes weak.

40-45 million a year, absolutely not. I’d do 30ish million a year maybe 3/4ths guaranteed. This is around matt ryan/wentz level so think it’s a steal however also think it’s fair given his injury history and I also think it’d be wise for Tua to lock in that guaranteed money as he’s now had his 3rd concussion this season.

In terms of the bigger picture, I think Tua has shown enough to be better than Garrapolo. If the GM feels that they have the cap situation / other pieces to build around that, then he certainly deserves another year. Focus on buildling up the OL and RB and get McD the wide zone ground game he's always wanted. Then let Tua play off that rather than carrying the offense like Marino.
How and what has he shown that he's so much better than Garoppolo?

Garoppolo's record is 40-17 (tied with Steve Young) as a starting QB. Tua has not shown me anything consistent that would lead me to believe he'll be better than that.

40-45 million a year, absolutely not. I’d do 30ish million a year maybe 3/4ths guaranteed. This is around matt ryan/wentz level so think it’s a steal however also think it’s fair given his injury history and I also think it’d be wise for Tua to lock in that guaranteed money as he’s now had his 3rd concussion this season.
Good point his value can’t be at the top right now even the best agent will know that

Garoppolo's record is 40-17 (tied with Steve Young) as a starting QB. Tua has not shown me anything consistent that would lead me to believe he'll be better than that.
Spot on I think Garoppolo is really good and a winner. He has his own health issues but super good

Garoppolo has never been asked to win games with his arm like Tua has. Tua has won just about every single game this year with his arm even the should be easy games like the bears and lions he had to score pretty much every single drive and still those were one score games. Garoppolo would fail miserably if asked that. Even the best can’t do this every single game nor should he be asked to do this however with a bottom 5 defense, we don’t have a choice.

Garoppolo has never been asked to win games with his arm like Tua has. Tua has won just about every single game this year with his arm even the should be easy games like the bears and lions he had to score pretty much every single drive and still those were one score games. Garoppolo would fail miserably if asked that. Even the best can’t do this every single game nor should he be asked to do this however with a bottom 5 defense, we don’t have a choice.
Ok...so what you're telling me is that out of 57 (40 wins) NFL games, Garoppolo has never been asked to win games with his arm?

Once that sinks in, understand that asking Tua to win games with his limited arm is coming back to bite us in the a**. Tua's limitations (arm strength outside the numbers) have been considered and have been adapted to. There is riding Tua's arm into the sunset. He's been figured out. Either change the offensive philosophy or change the QB.

Just heard that he’s in protocol I guess we’re ****ed now. Kind of makes sense his performance was Hall of Fame like and then bad rookie like. Sure which the coaches would’ve seen that could’ve saved the game maybe
Oooh that is really bad. Makes him super risky to sign long term, and even short-term who wants a guy that may play only half the games? We already have TStead, how much more lethal is committing 25-40M on a guy that shows up half the time at best, no bueno.

Poor dude, the injury risk coming in was about the hip, which he busted his arse to overcome but turns out he is concussion-prone. I don't see how this ends well

Spot on I think Garoppolo is really good and a winner. He has his own health issues but super good
So good that SF traded picks for another QB. That sf team is loaded- that’s why they continue to win on qb 3.

So good that SF traded picks for another QB. That sf team is loaded- that’s why they continue to win on qb 3.
53-21 career is nothing to sneeze at. I also think coaching and player acquisition has a lot to do with it something we haven’t had in forever. They don’t lose a Guy and have their season fall apart

53-21 career is nothing to sneeze at. I also think coaching and player acquisition has a lot to do with it something we haven’t had in forever. They don’t lose a Guy and have their season fall apart
Ya. The organization is light years ahead of Mia. I don’t think Jimmy will have that much success elsewhere if he decides to leave. He probably ends up staying there.

Ya. The organization is light years ahead of Mia. I don’t think Jimmy will have that much success elsewhere if he decides to leave. He probably ends up staying there.
Agree, hearing Jets are interested but who the hell knows

He doesn’t even break free till the ball is out of Tua’s hands- not to mention he probably catches it and immediately trips over himself.
He could have broken free from slavery and Tua wouldn't have seen him or even looked at him. I would prefer Gesicki catching it and tripping to the result we got.

Tua looked at Hill and god's be damned if he wasn't going to throw it to him no matter if the secondary was sitting on the route...

That's what Garoppolo does, not Mahomes...and I'm fine with Garoppolo, just as long as we design the offense with Garoppolo in mind.

If Tua could win games with his arm what happened against Green Bay? He choked because that is what he is. He isn’t a QB that will put the team on his back and win. 2 mins and down by 6, all of the top QBs win that game. If Marino gets the ball with 2 mins left down by 6, everyone knows he is getting a TD. But not Tua, throws directly to the defender.

He was successful in New England...

That's two teams...two success stories.

Back
Top Bottom