Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are defenses starting to figure out Tua clip

Is forcing the ball deep a McDaniel thing or a Tua thing? Because from what I'm seeing lately, the shorter options are there, they're just getting ignored a lot...
IDK - I honestly haven’t watched it close enough - it’s a fair question.

I genuinely think we've gotten away from using other pieces on the board like Ingold, Gesicki, Smythe, etc. which has allowed defenses to key in on Hill and Waddle. I think we've also looked for big chunk yards way too much. Our dink and dunk should have been used against SF, LA, and GB. We did it more at Buffalo and saw success.

I do think Tua got happy feet against SF and was worried about O-line getting hit. He needs to be fearless and trust himself. That confidence isn't there right now.

We need to get some wrinkles in this offense and keep people honest. Running the ball isn't enough. I think McDaniel has been a little stubborn and thinks his stuff is simply gonna win out vs playing against our opponent. My one major criticism of him to date and to be fair I think our execution can be better on an individual level.

I'd love to see some screens, jet sweeps, and anything to keep a defense honest.

The getting the plays in before 10 seconds needs to be worked on as well, so Tua can at least read the defense. Don’t know if it’s because McDs plays are so long or what. He needs to condense it so they have time to get set. It’s happened in a lot of the games where they get to the line with only 10 seconds on the play clock. It results in wasted TOs and almost delay of games.

The getting the plays in before 10 seconds needs to be worked on as well, so Tua can at least read the defense. Don’t know if it’s because McDs plays are so long or what. He needs to condense it so they have time to get set. It’s happened in a lot of the games where they get to the line with only 10 seconds on the play clock. It results in wasted TOs and almost delay of games.
dude, i was upset yesterday that they were breaking the huddle with only a few seconds to go on almost every play......when you always snap the ball with one second left it gives an advantage to the defense.....they can go on the snap without worrying about jumping offsides

If anyone said prior to the start of the year that Tua probably finished the year close or over 4k yards with a 25 td to 8 int ratio, people would be jumping for joy instead we have people that want him gone lol
I love how you just throw up numbers with no perception of how said numbers were made! Not one of those yards matters if we don't make the playoffs. What are you even talking about??

dude, i was upset yesterday that they were breaking the huddle with only a few seconds to go on almost every play......when you always snap the ball with one second left it gives an advantage to the defense.....they can go on the snap without worrying about jumping offsides
youre right... this happens way too often with this team. It also leads to dumb penalties and wasted timeouts.

After yesterdays loss, and even w the 3 picks on 3 drives, I’m not calling to move on from Tua. I’ve seen what he is capable of. I am however, feeling that once again we hired an under qualified coach to be our HC. 15 games in and we have a guy who hasn’t done anything w the defense or ST - and runs an offense that sends just about everything through Hill and Waddle and very little use of everyone else - even though the last time we won a game we were using everyone. He has developed Tua - he deserves credit for that - but I’m not seeing a good game day coach - the red flags were there early - and continue. But I think Tua is a keeper, I really do.
This could be where I'm at too. Although I may not be as high on Tua as that. I think we definitely need to bring in some competition and let him know this mother effer needs to get his **** together. But man a lot of this is on coach.

If anyone said prior to the start of the year that Tua probably finished the year close or over 4k yards with a 25 td to 8 int ratio, people would be jumping for joy instead we have people that want him gone lol
4k yards, 25 tds, 8 ints, 3 concussions.

Looks like he might have had a concussion yesterday, too.

Is forcing the ball deep a McDaniel thing or a Tua thing? Because from what I'm seeing lately, the shorter options are there, they're just getting ignored a lot...
That's what I've been asking. These last 4 games we've had outlets there in the flats, on curls or drags and Tua don't even look at them. It's on both in my opinion because I think coach wants the big play as much as Tua does. It's not like they don't know the outlets are there... they watch the damn game film.

I don't buy in to this narrative really.

All of those 3 picks were simply bad throws. He sailed it to Tyreek and he severely under threw Gesicki at the end of the game. Not sure what happened on the throw to Mostert, but he shouldn't have thrown that ball. Mostert wasnt looking and he wasn't even near the ball.

I watched the game twice. Tua actually looked pretty good with the exception of those 3 plays. He moved around in the pocket, hit a couple throws when he was scrambling. He just made 3 bad decisions at a terrible time. I honestly can not credit the Packers players or scheme for 2 of 3 of those picks. They got lucky TBH. The throw to Tyreek was good defensive play, as he was surrounded by Packers and that ball shouldn't have been thrown.

I think Tua can clean up the poor decisions.

4k yards, 25 tds, 8 ints, 3 concussions.

Looks like he might have had a concussion yesterday, too.

That’s what someone said something about the second quarter with like 2 minutes to go. Man that’s be an awful job protecting players if true

I don't buy in to this narrative really.

All of those 3 picks were simply bad throws. He sailed it to Tyreek and he severely under threw Gesicki at the end of the game. Not sure what happened on the throw to Mostert, but he shouldn't have thrown that ball. Mostert wasnt looking and he wasn't even near the ball.

I watched the game twice. Tua actually looked pretty good with the exception of those 3 plays. He moved around in the pocket, hit a couple throws when he was scrambling. He just made 3 bad decisions at a terrible time. I honestly can not credit the Packers players or scheme for 2 of 3 of those picks. They got lucky TBH. The throw to Tyreek was good defensive play, as he was surrounded by Packers and that ball shouldn't have been thrown.

I think Tua can clean up the poor decisions.
I believe Mostert admitted he wasn't in the right place on that 2nd one. He was supposed to curl there where Tua threw it and he kept running downfield. The first and third were just weirdly bad throws.....

Back
Top Bottom