Are Dolphins actually better than their 3-4 record? We'll get better idea vs. Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins actually better than their 3-4 record? We'll get better idea vs. Jets

The Jets are on a two game winning streak as well. Should be an interesting game, especially to see if Miami can continue to run the ball successfully. At 4-4, the Dolphins could have an interesting second half. At 3-5, just totally different.

On another topic, interesting on how few sacks have been allowed since Brandon Albert has come back. I hope the team keeps him for one more year not just because he's a good player, but he seems to be a good influence on the younger players as well.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

[S][T][O][R][M];1065854071 said:
During the Buffalo game, one of the announcers quoted Gase as saying that he was pushing the team a bit too much, especially the offense. He also was quoted as saying that the no huddle scheme was too much too early. So as the offense took the field, the huddle was instilled, thus better performance. The O-Line said things were much better and smoother, that they had a clear understanding of the play schemes.

I remember Jim Kelly quoted the K-Gun offense took a few seasons to master, getting everyone on the same page.

The no huddle procedure is really a force multiplier. It worked for Miami at times. Gase feels that Tannehill is well up to the task. Hopefully, the coaching staff will remain stable. If so, I'm sure very good things will definitely appear.

As well ... minimal injuries, team attitude, an excellent draft and FA signings along with a stable coaching staff should should make all the difference.

At least Gase was smart enough to realize he needed to simplify things before moving forward. Seems to have worked.

It would be nice to see the passing game take off this week. Most everything else has improved so it's due. Not that it has been terrible. Deep passing has been great. Tannehill has made some clutch throws as well. They just need to be more consistent. More play action. Get Parker involved as well as the new TE's. That would free up the run game a bit against a stingy front 7. Catch them in the nickle and run it.

Definitely want to see Parker more involved. He has disappointed so far.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Crappy O-line play is an epidemic in the NFL right now and a lot of it has to do with the limited contact in practice in today's NFL. Just one of the many units being hurt by the CBA. They were talking about it last night.

Oh and Russell Wilson hasn't thrown a TD in 3 games...on pace for 11 passing TDs this year. Try and tell me again how not having a running game won't hurt Russell Wilson.

Maybe spending all those early picks on the offensive line, as Miami has done, isn't such a bad idea. Same in Dallas.

He looked slow against the pass rush and not powerful in the run game. Really sad, as his first couple years, before the injuries, I thought he was one of the most dominant tackles I've seen play.

So true. Jake Long looked like a potential Hall of Famer in his first couple of years. He was that good. Unfortunately, he played through some injuries where he probably would have been best served to sit out.

So true. Jake Long looked like a potential Hall of Famer in his first couple of years. He was that good. Unfortunately, he played through some injuries where he probably would have been best served to sit out.

all started with sparanos decision to play him in the meaningless 4th preseason game vs dallas 2's and camp fodder even in the 2nd quarter no less

speaking of sparano he's the oline coach in Minnesota...can you say pink slip is in his future

That Vikings oline was dreadful. I don't think the Bears are all that good on their dline and they dominated the Vikings

Spending early picks on O-line isn't really the issue. The issue is it's hard to develop O-line with limited contact in practice.

all started with sparanos decision to play him in the meaningless 4th preseason game vs dallas 2's and camp fodder even in the 2nd quarter no less

speaking of sparano he's the oline coach in Minnesota...can you say pink slip is in his future

Philbin is the O-line coach in Indy...Cam Cameron is out of football entirely. We've picked some winners to run this football team.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I wonder if our record would be different if Ajayi was the starter from day 1.

Would Ajayi have the same attitude if had not been benched?

Its sad knowing our former head coaches can't get anything higher then a positional coaching gig...

I am so eager to read Kelly's takes on the first seven games . . .

I hope we don't look back at that Tennessee game as the one that did us in

of all the games that one hurts the most

I don't agree. The one that could come back to hunt us is the Seattle game where we left 13 points on the field and lost by 2. That was a game we "should" have won. We looked like crap when we played the titans but the Seattle game is the one that hurts imo. We let that one slip away

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Why would you want to read anything he writes?

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Why would you want to read anything he writes?

Ozzy rules!!

Part of the problem when coaches don't have stability. Not to take blame away from Sparano as that was a dumb decision, but if he was thinking long-term who knows.

We are better than 3-4 but we still have Tannehill so right around a .500 team is where were stuck at.

Back
Top Bottom