Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis?

Get Mathis. Draft Melvin Gordon at 14. And you become that much more closer to being a damn good and balanced offense if the QB takes the next step up.

I guess signing him would fill a hole, but I'm tired of obtaining old-washed up lineman. It started with Colombo, and most recently with Colledge. No more than a 6th for him, and if he makes it through the year, I'll be impressed.

Evan Mathis for a mid-rounder would be a slam dunk...they need to address guard before the draft, and not with Colombo, Colledge, etc.

34 years old. Had an MCL injury last year which forced him to miss 7 games. Salary over $5million.

What exactly is there to like about this scenario?

what round would you offer... we been in discussion with it

I think a 4 is a no brainer. If you can have him for less sure. If it takes a 4 and a 7 run it to the bank too. Model of consistency. Think he can be had for a 5th.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

34 years old. Had an MCL injury last year which forced him to miss 7 games. Salary over $5million.

Him being the best guard in football over the last 5 years...

he is a very good OG veteran with experience that can fill in and play for us with our unit and youth... draft a top OG prospect as well.

you'll get a few years out of him... its just that the age and contract, and he might want more money, thats the issue. i would go 7th round pick for him. 6th i guess. and i am saying this in thinking Kelly also is trying to just rid of him and contract and getting younger at the line

Do you like anything we could or have done? Just asking it seems like you're negative about everything

Him being the best guard in football over the last 5 years...

Except he won't help us much missing games. Last year was a big warning sign for that body breaking down.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Do you like anything we could or have done? Just asking it seems like you're negative about everything

We haven't done anything yet other than add Suh and CB depth. Hard to say at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom