Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis?

Tell me he won't make more of an impact that our 5th round draft pick. Considering we signed college and smith last year combining for over 5mill. We could have Mathis for that. I'd take 1really good guard over a couple bad ones

When I see who our 5th round pick is I'll let you know...but I sure do remember Zach Thomas making a heck of an impact on this team and he was a 5th rounder.

11043037_1611624242389907_7384585817959855839_n.jpg

Thats hilarious lol

When I see who our 5th round pick is I'll let you know...but I sure do remember Zach Thomas making a heck of an impact on this team and he was a 5th rounder.
Ya because we draft Zach Thomas type guys all the time late in the draft. Its rare that we get a guy late that actually contributes. It happens (rashad Jones) but we miss way more often than we find a player that contributes significantly

This is a terrible idea. Waste of money, picks and opportunities for younger, cheaper players.

Look at that PFF list. Most of the guys were drafted in rounds 2 down to 4 or 5. Everyone knew who they were, they were talked about ad nauseum on here and a ton of draft sites. It isn't that hard to find a plug and play guard a la Osemele, Bitonio, Trai Turner in the past couple of years. Eating up more cap, picks and time on a 34 year old when you can snag a day 2 guard to start for you is just stupid.

As a reference point for Mathis, Two time pro bowler Ben Grubbs just got traded from the Saints to the Chiefs for a 5th round pick. Grubbs is a year younger than Mathis and has a cap hit of $6.6M this year.

Thanks for putting this in perspective before the Madden kids want to give 2 1st's & Dion Jordan.

This is a terrible idea. Waste of money, picks and opportunities for younger, cheaper players.

Look at that PFF list. Most of the guys were drafted in rounds 2 down to 4 or 5. Everyone knew who they were, they were talked about ad nauseum on here and a ton of draft sites. It isn't that hard to find a plug and play guard a la Osemele, Bitonio, Trai Turner in the past couple of years. Eating up more cap, picks and time on a 34 year old when you can snag a day 2 guard to start for you is just stupid.

That's worked so well with Martin, Thomas and Turner (whom I'm still hopeful about but hesitant given our history). If we had any history of success finding lineman outside of the 1st I'd agree with you but we can't hit on guys outside of the 1st and we shouldn't keep drafting guys in the 1st while neglecting skill positions.

If we have to give up no worse than a 5th round pick, we definately do this deal!!! He's a tremendous option at G and will solve one huge need in an instant for at least a few years, while we can find an eventual replacement over time. If anyone looks at our 5th round or later picks in the last decade . . . . . then it's not even a discussion.

Yeah that happens every day....or is it every generation?

A fifth for Mathis is a steal....a top ten guard in this league.

I wouldn't give up more than a 6th. He is 33. He'll play 1 or 2 more years. Also, I'd not trade Jordan for a 33 year old guard.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah that happens every day....or is it every generation?

A fifth for Mathis is a steal....a top ten guard in this league.

For half the games in a season like 2014, maybe for two years service, maybe one, at the cost of a very solid FA starter AND a mid round pick. A steal all right, for the Eagles.

For half the games in a season like 2014, maybe for two years service, maybe one, at the cost of a very solid FA starter AND a mid round pick. A steal all right, for the Eagles.

agreed.... with his age and contract (wanting more money i have heard too) 7th rounder i go with

Back
Top Bottom