Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis?

For half the games in a season like 2014, maybe for two years service, maybe one, at the cost of a very solid FA starter AND a mid round pick. A steal all right, for the Eagles.

You seriously need to review the success rate of fifth round picks...thats all I'm talking about....who said anything about a starter?

You seriously need to review the success rate of fifth round picks...thats all I'm talking about....who said anything about a starter?

So you're paying him 5m and Phi a pick for him to ride the pine? It gets better...

It seems like some of you have no idea how good Evan Mathis is?

I'm guessing so. I mean we all have hopes of using our 5th to find the next ZT, but the probability of that happening is just the same as doing it with a 6th.

Go get the probowler and field a competent line.

Not like his production will fall off a cliff, he's played well above average the last 2 years.

Hes good but old. I'd trade a 6th. Tell me the last 6th that did anything good for us who we drafted

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

And i will answer my own question. The only good 6th rounder we drafted in the past decade was Clay

Hes good but old. I'd trade a 6th. Tell me the last 6th that did anything good for us who we drafted

Charles Clay

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

And i will answer my own question. The only good 6th rounder we drafted in the past decade was Clay

Sorry Nick, you beat me to it :)

Evan Mathis started 56 games in the last four years....at a very high level....in an offense similar to ours.

A study was done on 5th round picks that showed that only 3.8% of fifth round picks start 56 games in their first five years in the league.

A fifth for Evan Mathis?...Hell yes!

Evan Mathis started 56 games in the last four years....at a very high level....in an offense similar to ours.

A study was done on 5th round picks that showed that only 3.8% of fifth round picks start 56 games in their first five years in the league.

A fifth for Evan Mathis?...Hell yes!

i would love to bring him in as our OG veteran with experience.. .and yes he is good, but he also had the MCL injury last year.

we would also still need to draft an OG as well.... but age/contract and that he possibly wants more money too... 7th round pick i go with. I would say 6th instead i guess, fine!!!

i think Kelly also is jsut trying to rid him and contract, and his age... could be happy with a 7th or 6th???

According to wikipedia he has played for the Dolphins before It must of been when I was living under a rock.

i would love to bring him in as our OG veteran with experience.. .and yes he is good, but he also had the MCL injury last year.

we would also still need to draft an OG as well.... but age/contract and that he possibly wants more money too... 7th round pick i go with. I would say 6th instead i guess, fine!!!

i think Kelly also is jsut trying to rid him and contract, and his age... could be happy with a 7th or 6th???

You just read the data on 5th round picks....and you think thats too rich for a top guard?

You just read the data on 5th round picks....and you think thats too rich for a top guard?

lol..... the way this draft might go??? it could be

the issue more is with his contract as well, age too... plus i think Kelly really just wants to rid him

I want him. I would trade anything up to the 4th for him. I say we're able to get 2 more good years out of him which is fine for me. We would have 4 good to very good lineman of are 5 then if Albert comes back healthy.

Back
Top Bottom