Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins going after Evan Mathis?

Uhm

I love Tannehill ..... But you can DEFINITELY grab a good And more than serviceable guard in the 2nd round .

Rookie Guards can come in and play

Oh I have no doubt they'll be out there. But how's our track record look with midround OL selections?

Uhm

I love Tannehill ..... But you can DEFINITELY grab a good And more than serviceable guard in the 2nd round .

Rookie Guards can come in and play

You mean guys like Billy Turner last year? Dallas Thomas before that? If you have a chance to get a damn good veteran guard and plug the biggest hole on your offense for a mid-round pick (because soooo many of those picks have turned out well for us over the years), you do it in a heartbeat.

Oh I'm cool with a rookie...there are some good prospects in this draft. If you look at that list there are some rookies in the top...Joel Bitonio (that was a guy we talked about in the draft forum), Zach Martin (a few wanted him as our 1st round pick last year but he never got there) and Brandon Linder (4th round pick I believe from the U) are all in the top 10. All younger and cheaper than a near end of career player in Mathis.

How about we do better in the draft so we don't have to overspend every off season?

Brilliant plan, if our draft forum made the picks. It's a shame that it doesn't work that way. You want to give us the benefit of the doubt that we will actually make the right pick this year that's fine. Im not, give me someone to protect our QB and if we get lucky in the draft, icing on the cake.

Brilliant plan, if our draft forum made the picks. It's a shame that it doesn't work that way. You want to give us the benefit of the doubt that we will actually make the right pick this year that's fine. Im not, give me someone to protect our QB and if we get lucky in the draft, icing on the cake.

I'm willing to take my chances with Hickey. If Ireland was still in charge I'd say trade the picks...he won't do anything with them anyway. Let's give Hickey a chance to do his job.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 21s 21 seconds ago

NEWS: The Dolphins are one of the teams that have contact the Eagles about Evan Mathis. Tannenbaum is not messing around.

You mean Hickey isn't messing around.

He is the one in charge of the draft and f/a's.

You mean Hickey isn't messing around.

He is the one in charge of the draft and f/a's.

I doubt he's in charge of free agency. That looks to be Tannenbaum all the way and I don't like it but...it is what it is.

I'm willing to take my chances with Hickey. If Ireland was still in charge I'd say trade the picks...he won't do anything with them anyway. Let's give Hickey a chance to do his job.

That's cool. You're on your side of the fence and im on mine. But don't dog me for being tired of the turnstiles we've brought in. You want players, you gotta pay. You wanna be cheap you get Colledge and Smith. Whats a 5th going to get us this year? Thomas #2 who needs to ride the pine for 3 years before he's strong enough to play? Or a kicker. I'll take Mathis over both.

we do need a veteran experienced guard to come in and play now... Mathis is good!!! we also need to draft an OG and keep developing too though!!!

Laken Tomlinson hopefully.

Because we had so much success with O-linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with Jon Martin, Dallas thomas and billy turned have been real studs. They aren't even starting material, that's why we're here in the first place so some people think we should try the draft again? Well that's fine but this time lets get an insurance policy with Mathis

Mathis for a 6th.or a 5th next year. He's likely a one or two year starter at his age.

And now it appears the trade "is done", just putting final touches and confirmation on it. No word on who the team is. Hoping for Fins!

Some local beat writers like Armando said there is no deal in the works, but I'm not sure how much stock to take in it. I hope we are at least negotiating. For the right price, Mathis is worth it. One less hole to fill.

It just amazes me that we can't land a halfway decent o-linemen in the early rounds and some people don't wanta give up a 4th or 5th rounder for a proven vet. You guys really think we can land someone better? Haha please tell me why.

Back
Top Bottom