Are Dolphins losing confidence in DT Earl Mitchell? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins losing confidence in DT Earl Mitchell?

I am not reading into this. We have more depth in a hugely important area. It's all about the D-line these days - give Geno Smith time to throw and he'll put up a perfect QB rating every week. Stuff the run and pressure up the middle = championship aspirations become reality.

lol, what exactly do people think we're going to get for Mitchell in a trade...oh wait, let me guess...a 1st round pick? A pro bowl player from another team? Mitchell was a late free agent signing...meaning he didn't have a lot of teams vying for his services. I seem to remember it being Miami and the Texans (his former team) and he chose Miami because he wanted to play in the 4-3 and not the 3-4.

Mitchell chose Miami over San Diego not Houston because he wanted to play in a 4-3.

Having a number of TALENTED players rotating in and out on the D line can be a great thing, with guys being fresher later in the game. It wasn't like that last year.

If that Twitter report is correct it's a pretty clear message for Kamal Johnson!

So the Dolphins let Starks and Odrick walk because they were losing favor in Mitchell. Hmmm that makes sense.

Phillips is a totally different type of DT. At the end of the day you need depth everywhere. I think Moseley is just another complimentary piece on the cheap. Love it.

I think Earl was solid last year and hopefully better this year.

Whoever wrote this article is lazy. Mitchell is going to be the starter on day 1. Non story.

Whoever wrote this article is lazy. Mitchell is going to be the starter on day 1. Non story.

True, mostly is nothing special.played solid last year but over his career has been a below average player. This basically makes Francis a full time Uber driver and eats into Phillips playing time.

We're going to be tough in short yardage situations.

I agree if they run at Suh the other guys are far from special . Suh will take up space and double teams so it will be much harder to run.
The key reason to like this signing is that Mosely is definitely better than our current 4th best lineman, its a roster improvement.

Exactly, our overall talent gets better. And having Mosley Suh and Phillips in during goal line and short yardage should be an effective package.

Exactly, our overall talent gets better. And having Mosley Suh and Phillips in during goal line and short yardage should be an effective package.

Not a big fan of Phillips or Mosely but that could be a good short yardage package.
I think Phillips looks the part but rarely plays the part and Mosely is a just another guy.

Back
Top Bottom