Are Dolphins losing confidence in DT Earl Mitchell? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins losing confidence in DT Earl Mitchell?

Not a big fan of Phillips or Mosely but that could be a good short yardage package.
I think Phillips looks the part but rarely plays the part and Mosely is a just another guy.

true, sometimes looking the part is all you need when your fat ass is a yard in front of the first down marker

i think the organization likes mitchell from a value standpoint, and his motor is a big credit in coache's eyes.....just need to get deep, it's good personnel management, not a knock on mitchell

Not a big fan of Phillips or Mosely but that could be a good short yardage package.
I think Phillips looks the part but rarely plays the part and Mosely is a just another guy.

Philips is extremely talented more so then any DT in his draft. Maybe he can do a Paul Soali and get his lazy ass moving

Philips is extremely talented more so then any DT in his draft. Maybe he can do a Paul Soali and get his lazy ass moving

Hopefully he will get off to a much faster start than did Soliai when he was in his early years.

I agree if they run at Suh the other guys are far from special . Suh will take up space and double teams so it will be much harder to run.
The key reason to like this signing is that Mosely is definitely better than our current 4th best lineman, its a roster improvement.

Right now that statement is pretty true, but Phillips could very well impress, and show everyone why Miami needed to take him in the 2nd round this year. If Phillips is what people think he is, a middle of Suh and Phillips will be a very tough combination to run against.

We did lose Odrick and Starks. We were also much better against the run in 2013 when we had Odrick, Soliai, Starks and Vaughn Martin/Marvin Austin/Isaako Aaitui combined to play in 9 games. A four man rotation would certainly help keep everyone fresh for the whole season.

Losing Solai was huge. Starks was getting long in the tooth and Odrick was a fine player.
This dline could be one our best in years since Taylor/Armstrong.

Don't see Phillips as even close to most talented dt in draft.

I think the 1 year deal screams "insurance". The team WANTS Earl to explode into the stratosphere with Suh now next to him, but in case he doesn't we know this guy has a solid track record.

I thougth Mitchell played well last year. I just take it as a great proven depth option. More of a lack of confidence at the back end of the position as opposed to the front. The guy is 32 and signed for league minimum. He will be great for 3rd and shorts and goalline situations.

Phillips was just a case of having way to much upside to pass on. Kind of like when Landry fell into our laps in round 2 last year when we thought we were fine at receiver.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

He has the biggest upside and the lowest floor. We shall see which way it turns out.

I thougth Mitchell played well last year. I just take it as a great proven depth option. More of a lack of confidence at the back end of the position as opposed to the front. The guy is 32 and signed for league minimum. He will be great for 3rd and shorts and goalline situations.

Phillips was just a case of having way to much upside to pass on. Kind of like when Landry fell into our laps in round 2 last year when we thought we were fine at receiver.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

He has the biggest upside and the lowest floor. We shall see which way it turns out.

There is a difference between one of your starting WRs being Brian hartline, and your current DTs including the highest paid defensive player in football.

The giants have shown how to beat the pats, PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH, PASS RUSH. Our dline is going to be insane...

Back
Top Bottom