Are Feeley's INTs a symptom rather than the problem??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Feeley's INTs a symptom rather than the problem???

One thing I noticed is Feeley needs to learn some touch. A lot of his picks are a result of tipped passes. Yesterday he threw a fastball to Minor that was tipped and intercepted.

Some of his picks are stupid mistakes but others are just bad luck. Yesterday he had a pick where his receiver fell down, another when Booker didnt even make an attempt on the ball, another when a DT just got his hands on the ball, he must have thought the ball was a pork chop.

The others were just poor reads.

muscle979 said:
No, I haven't seen an offensive playbook with interceptions in it. J/K
You know what I mean you joker.;) I just think that most teams play alot of zone on us and that's how he seems to get picked off. Shouldn't the OC analyse this and adjust the play calling??

It is called a "bad system". Have you not noticed that our receivers are never "open". For example, formations are designed to create "lanes or pockets" in which receivers can either sit or stretch on a defense. Our receivers are always cutting off routes because the systems is not designed to work without a running game. Safeties are taught to always step up and read run and or hot routes. Our receivers are always on hot routes because AJ does not have time to throw. When he does have time ( 1st QTR of the game vs the Bills) you see he has the arm, the precision and more importantly the ability to decifer the defense's cover scheme. The last time I saw a QB pass like that he was wearing No 13 (AJ is not nor will he ever be Danny, but goddammit he has SKILLS).

The other trolls that throw dirt on AJ should look at the 1st year of ANY QB that has ever played and you will see that AJ is not bad at all. The team is horrible specially that OL but he has talent that you can;t fake !! (Fiedler was the perfect faker by throwing at receivers not to receivers)\

Anyways sorry if it is a bit long winded but before any of the trolls start bitching I figure we should have some real debate here.

Phinfan said:
One thing I noticed is Feeley needs to learn some touch. A lot of his picks are a result of tipped passes. Yesterday he threw a fastball to Minor that was tipped and intercepted.

Some of his picks are stupid mistakes but others are just bad luck. Yesterday he had a pick where his receiver fell down, another when Booker didnt even make an attempt on the ball, another when a DT just got his hands on the ball, he must have thought the ball was a pork chop.

The others were just poor reads.
Yeah I've noticed that too, the lack of touch. You can't power every ball through.

well considering Defenses only have to play the pass against us. They stop our run game with four up front and usually drop 7 in coverage and tee off. I'd say that's a factor.

It's unfortunate Ricky Williams quit, because then we'd really have a true gauge of what Feely can do. Teams would have to respect the run and that extra db would not be there.

darkoak said:
Yeah I've noticed that too, the lack of touch. You can't power every ball through.
yeah you guys are right about the touch

i remember one pass, it was a screen pass and he blasted that throw to the RB, it was pretty funny

RLMIAMI said:
It is called a "bad system". Have you not noticed that our receivers are never "open". For example, formations are designed to create "lanes or pockets" in which receivers can either sit or stretch on a defense. Our receivers are always cutting off routes because the systems is not designed to work without a running game. Safeties are taught to always step up and read run and or hot routes. Our receivers are always on hot routes because AJ does not have time to throw. When he does have time ( 1st QTR of the game vs the Bills) you see he has the arm, the precision and more importantly the ability to decifer the defense's cover scheme. The last time I saw a QB pass like that he was wearing No 13 (AJ is not nor will he ever be Danny, but goddammit he has SKILLS).

The other trolls that throw dirt on AJ should look at the 1st year of ANY QB that has ever played and you will see that AJ is not bad at all. The team is horrible specially that OL but he has talent that you can;t fake !! (Fiedler was the perfect faker by throwing at receivers not to receivers)\

Anyways sorry if it is a bit long winded but before any of the trolls start bitching I figure we should have some real debate here.
I have to agree about the bad system we have. Almost everyone is covered all the time from the snap of the ball. I think Foerster is in over his head big time. AJ has made some atrocious throws and I feel a big part of that is trying to make something happen out of nothing. That's his biggest fault. Problem is he shouldn't be forced to rely on that thinking if the offensive scheme worked. I think after the last few games we've seen alot of scores put up strictly by our offensive players talent and not by "outcoaching by the OC".

i think play calling is a factor. If opposing Ds really are only using D linemen to stop the run I think we should keep trying to hammer it in there. Something will open up. When linebackers have to get a little nervous and come up for the run then AJ has a better chance for completions.

darkoak said:
Just wondering if any of you think a big part of AJ's picks are the OC's bad play calls.

Yes.

When you have three consecutive passes to one receiver (Mcmichael) and the third is intercepted by a defender that jumps the route because he fully anticipated it, that has to be on the OC.

That's just one example.

FinsFanatic said:
yeah you guys are right about the touch

i remember one pass, it was a screen pass and he blasted that throw to the RB, it was pretty funny
:lol:
funny,I love his arm but damn, whats with the 5yrd bullet passes?

I hear that Feeley is staring down his primary receiver. If this is true then dang I could probably pick him off. He can't do things like that and succeed.

muscle979 said:
i think play calling is a factor. If opposing Ds really are only using D linemen to stop the run I think we should keep trying to hammer it in there. Something will open up. When linebackers have to get a little nervous and come up for the run then AJ has a better chance for completions.
Here here. Put McMike in motion all the time, he is the only recieving threat that other teams respect, and loosen up the run defense.

darkoak said:
Here here. Put McMike in motion all the time, he is the only recieving threat that other teams respect, and loosen up the run defense.

I think they respect Chambers. They should, Booker too really.

Back
Top Bottom