Are Feeley's INTs a symptom rather than the problem??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Feeley's INTs a symptom rather than the problem???

muscle979 said:
I think they respect Chambers. They should, Booker too really.
They would if we could take advantage of one on one matchups. Problem is they are in Feeley's face before that. Most of these teams have the safeties playing zone, corners playing man, and LB's playing zone with the odd blitzer.

darkoak said:
They would if we could take advantage of one on one matchups. Problem is they are in Feeley's face before that. Most of these teams have the safeties playing zone, corners playing man, and LB's playing zone with the odd blitzer.

With a little effort you would think they could break a big run with a matchup like this from time to time. That could help out with the secondary matchups.

muscle979 said:
With a little effort you would think they could break a big run with a matchup like this from time to time. That could help out with the secondary matchups.
Too bad we don't have a first rate runner. But I mean a big part of our troubles, and ultimately Feeley's, is the lack of a star runner.

muscle979 said:
I hear that Feeley is staring down his primary receiver. If this is true then dang I could probably pick him off. He can't do things like that and succeed.

He HAD been doing that the first few games, but this game I def noticed that he was looking off defenders, then going a different way with his passes (much of the time)..could be because he finally had enough time to do that!
I agree that our offensive playcalling is terrible, we made no adjustments in the second half when the Bills were dropping more guys in coverage (or maybe they tried but our running game was so bad they had to go back to the pass)..in any case, I think the Bills shift to defensing the pass was in large part responsible for AJ's interceptions in the 2nd half. Foerster is way way in over his head, but then it wasn't even his system that he inherited, he kind of got a late start, and Wanny still had his suffocating head-in-the-sand influence.

I'm afraid that hes going to underpower throws, ala feidler, if they try to correct that. I'd rather him muscle them into the face mask so they stick dang it.

i wonder the same thing to sometimes about the plays. our plays seem to have no creativity. almost seems like a high school playbook. i watch other teams and it seems like the call plays that setup the players to be open. our guys must do it themselves and in the nfl thats a tought thing to do all the time. it seems as if we only have a couple of routes to run.

one thing I will say I like about Feeley is that he gets everyone in involved. Other then that, his INT's are a major problem on a team that won't be able to afford those type of mistakes (next year too). He hasn't played well against any team he's faced and he's had some cup cakes (49ers, Cardinals). It seems like everytime Feeley takes a step forward he takes 2 steps backwards. 3 TD passes in the first quarter, 4 INT's the rest of the game (not counting the first because it was in the first so he gets the benefit of the doubt)!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
one thing I will say I like about Feeley is that he gets everyone in involved. Other then that, his INT's are a major problem on a team that won't be able to afford those type of mistakes (next year too). He hasn't played well against any team he's faced and he's had some cup cakes (49ers, Cardinals). It seems like everytime Feeley takes a step forward he takes 2 steps backwards. 3 TD passes in the first quarter, 4 INT's the rest of the game (not counting the first because it was in the first so he gets the benefit of the doubt)!
You are absolutely right that the Fins can't afford turnovers, no team can in today's NFL. I'm glad everyone has stuck to the topic on this thread and not started a bashing session. I think if we all watch the plays a little closer we'll start to see what the primary problem is on this team, and it's the coaching on offense. AJ may suck but I bet you 100 bucks he'd suck less with a competent OC calling the plays, and a running game, and a O-line, and a...................

Finsletmedown said:
:lol:
funny,I love his arm but damn, whats with the 5yrd bullet passes?
How did that fat d lineman on the jills snag that pass did it stick in his helmet?
John Elway use to do the same thing. Breaking fingers and sh#t like that. Just took time and confindence to develope the touch. At least he has arm strenght to throw the out. The touch he can develope..

darkoak said:
I have to agree about the bad system we have. Almost everyone is covered all the time from the snap of the ball. I think Foerster is in over his head big time. AJ has made some atrocious throws and I feel a big part of that is trying to make something happen out of nothing. That's his biggest fault. Problem is he shouldn't be forced to rely on that thinking if the offensive scheme worked. I think after the last few games we've seen alot of scores put up strictly by our offensive players talent and not by "outcoaching by the OC".

i'm not sure all the blame falls on forester. he came in the middle of the off season. i'm sure he and the rest of the staff were reluctant to make too many changes with all that was going on. plus, not having ricky's talent really sucks...

darkoak said:
Here here. Put McMike in motion all the time, he is the only recieving threat that other teams respect, and loosen up the run defense.

If Randy goes in motion we're running. It's practically a given.

darkoak said:
Yeah I've noticed that too, the lack of touch. You can't power every ball through.
Feeley's problem is that he can't and does'nt have the time to read thru his progression, he has to find his reciever immediately because of the O-Line.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
one thing I will say I like about Feeley is that he gets everyone in involved.

I just wish he got only guys with our uniforms involved!!
:lol: :lol:

darkoak said:
Just wondering if any of you think a big part of AJ's picks are the OC's bad play calls.

Yes, I believe it is a sympton of his alien abduction when he was 10...

Okay okay, I do believe a few of them could have been prevented if the OL had acctually blocked and given the QB time.

Thats not to say the QB wouldn't have thrown em anyways, its just I think they wouldnt have thrown as many of them.

I've seen enough of Feeley to say he should be our starter next year.He'll get better.You can see the leadership he's bringing.We just need a better system.

Back
Top Bottom