CB Sean Smith
DT Randy Starks
TE Anthony Fasano
P Brandon Fields
SS Chris Clemons
FS Tyrone Culver
OL Nate Garner
OL Ryan Cook

So it's Long, Bush, Starks and Fields... nothing else we can't easily replace.

Call it whatever you want. Whenever you have a new regime there is a bigger changover in personel.

Makes perfect sense to me to evaluate the vets on this team this year, resign the keepers and let the rest go.

This is the happiest I've been with the organization since the end of Jimmy's second year.

I feel the same way. i don't think they are " punting" this year but I do think Philbin wants his type of player so no one is safe if they don't perform.
This is what every new coach does. The fact that we are coming off several losing seasons means either the players and or the coaching have not done thier job correctly. The coaches are gone. I don't think they will be any hesitation in cutting non performers or project players from the last regime. As far as the title of this article I think we are building the foundation that will lead to greater things whether it's this year or in the future.
Right the ship and then full speed ahead.

Lots of one year contracts for the minimum and a ton of cap space for 2013. Several top players have expiring contracts next year. Sound like rebuilding to me.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2012/06/18/glut-of-1-year-and-expiring-contracts-portray-a-miami-dolphins-team-gearing-up-for-2013/

"Add it all up, and the Dolphins currently have 25 veterans with expiring contracts after the 2012 season, including many of their key pieces. It certainly explains why they have a ton of salary cap space for 2012 – approximately $60 million worth.And it certainly explains why 2012 is a “bridge” year to 2013 and beyond, when franchise quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be ready to take over."
Thoughts ?

Build through the draft, sign the young players you want back to long term deals and sign some depth in free agency if needed. This is how a real Organization is ran.

No more signing older huge contract free agents and trading away draft picks. I'm a big fan of how Ireland runs this team.

We're an up and coming team with plenty of young talent at every position. Let our coaches do their job and we'll see a championship real soon :brewskis:

You can tell a homer by the players they love.

If let go the only players that would highly sought after would be Long (prob the highest paid LT in the open market), Bush , starks and maybe sean smith. I could live with dumping starks and smith if they don't play well this year and could even be ok with losing bush if he wants too much money and the young guys step up but i prefer to keep him.

anyone who thinks matt moore, brian hartline, clemons or fasano are vital parts is obviously a homer. The only one i have hope for in that group is hartline and to a lesser degree clemons.

Build through the draft, sign the young players you want back to long term deals and sign some depth in free agency if needed. This is how a real Organization is ran.

No more signing older huge contract free agents and trading away draft picks. I'm a big fan of how Ireland runs this team.

We're an up and coming team with plenty of young talent at every position. Let our coaches do their job and we'll see a championship real soon :brewskis:

Well said. :up:

Back
Top Bottom