Are Jt & Zt Hof'ers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jt & Zt Hof'ers?

Zach will not make it IMO because he was inconsistent with big plays. He was great at them early in his career, but the second half of his career he was strictly a tackling machine. That isn't bad, and I loved him...but it doesn't get you in the HOF.

As for JT, he blew it last year. He was probably a shoe-in before his crap last year...if you think he lost points on this board...imagine the points he lost to non-Dolfans...

He needed to continue to have solid numbers last year...and he didn't. (They probably don't care if he was injured.) This year he is going to play a "specialty" role. This will also not help his numbers...

I think we must first look at the best linebackers who are not yet in the hall of fame. Here's a link from bleacher report discussing that very topic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/149139-the-nfl-the-best-linebackers-not-in-the-hall-of-fame

I see both JT and ZT being better than everyone on that list except for Kevin Greene. It's a shame that Greene is not in the HOF and Andre Tippett is.

I feel ZT should be in the HOF as his #'s stack up very comparibly to Ray Lewis's & Brian Urlacher's who most people consider shoe-in's. JT will have an easier time getting in because of his DPOY and his TD's for a LB but I still feel he will need to get in that 140-150 career sack range get himself in.

The problem with both players is they never lead their teams to a championship or even deep into the playoffs, which will probably diminish their stats and careers in the voters eyes.

Andre Tippett was a GREAT player, he deserves to be in the Hall. A perfect example of how #s can be overrated. Zach is nowhere near as good as Urlacher or Lewis.

If he mentions Henne and the Wolverines losing to a 1-AA team again, you'll have proof Junc is a robot sent to piss us all off

:chuckle:

Come on, I love it here and I enjoy posting w/ many great posters.

Zach will not make it IMO because he was inconsistent with big plays. He was great at them early in his career, but the second half of his career he was strictly a tackling machine. That isn't bad, and I loved him...but it doesn't get you in the HOF.

Zach has forced more fumbles, recovered and scored more TDs then the great Ray Lewis....true, Ray does have sacks and INTs, but come on, all this tackles by Zach have to count for something, especially when you consider his position biggest responsibilty is roam and make sure few get many yards after a run.

He is not Ray Lewis, but he is very close with less talent around him then Ray.

Andre Tippett was a GREAT player, he deserves to be in the Hall. A perfect example of how #s can be overrated. Zach is nowhere near as good as Urlacher or Lewis.

Really here are the stats (which you say are overrated).

Thomas (14 years): 1720 Tackles, 17 INT, 17 FF

Urlacher (10 years): 1055 Tackles, 17 INT, 8 FF

Lewis (14 years): 1625 Tackles, 28 INT, 12 FF

Looks like Zach stacks up pretty well to me, as he actually has more tackles and FF than both Urlacher and Lewis.

As for JT, he blew it last year. He was probably a shoe-in before his crap last year...if you think he lost points on this board...imagine the points he lost to non-Dolfans...

He needed to continue to have solid numbers last year...and he didn't. (They probably don't care if he was injured.) This year he is going to play a "specialty" role. This will also not help his numbers...

I kinda agree. However, if he wreaks havoc this year, it may be different.

Looks like Zach stacks up pretty well to me, as he actually has more tackles and FF than both Urlacher and Lewis.

HELL YEAH, let's pick on the Jet's fan with little to offer other than Joe Namath. Wonder if he wore those panty hose? LMAO!!!

Ray Lewis is and was a violent force on one of the consistanty better defenses in the NFL. He was also the emotional and physical leader of what may have been the best defense in NFL history and has a Superbowl to show for it.

Both good to very good players, neither will make it. Taylor has a chance(Zach does not), having a DPOY award helps but better pass rushers that played on better teams aren't in so I don't think he gets in and if he does it will be one of those 20-30 years later type of deals. Has alot of sacks but not many double digit sack seasons, zero career playoff sacks in 6 playoff games, was leader(along w/ Zach) of D's that struggled in big spots.

Excuse me, didnt JT just recently get voted Defensive Player of the Decade, let me guess you probably think Calvin Pace is just as good as JT. Your post on here have deterioted rapidly as of late, are you still BITTER over the butt whipping the Fins handed your Jets to end your season??

I think Jason Taylor will have an easier road to Canton than Zach, but it's still an uphill battle. As long as guys like Richard Dent and Kevin Greene aren't in, Taylor will have a tough time. Zach Thomas was always criminally underrated and has an outside shot at best.

Zach has forced more fumbles, recovered and scored more TDs then the great Ray Lewis....true, Ray does have sacks and INTs, but come on, all this tackles by Zach have to count for something, especially when you consider his position biggest responsibilty is roam and make sure few get many yards after a run.

He is not Ray Lewis, but he is very close with less talent around him then Ray.

I agree. But the point is that Lewis has done it consistently over his entire career and continues to make big plays. As many have said on this site..."when's the last time you remember Zach making a big stop on 4th down." That used to be an easy question to answer...now...I don't remember one for several years....

Excuse me, didnt JT just recently get voted Defensive Player of the Decade, let me guess you probably think Calvin Pace is just as good as JT. Your post on here have deterioted rapidly as of late, are you still BITTER over the butt whipping the Fins handed your Jets to end your season??

The same list did not have Zach Thomas in the top 25 defensive players of the decade. Is that accurate was well? Is it also accurate that Bill Bellicheck is the Best Coach, Tom Brady is the best player and, the Pats are the best team?

That was an ESPN panel, not a leauge award. It means nothing in terms of HOF voteing.

Did I say they sucked? I said they were good to very good players but not Hall material. Better players aren't in right now, we are all biased towards our players and sometimes you need an outside perspective.

Well, I don't need an outside perspective. Sometimes, contingent upon whose it is, I don't need an inside perspective. As much as I love Zach, and as great a player as I think he is, I think he greatly benefitted from playing on the right team at the right time. JT, in my opinion, would have been a HOF caliber player pretty much anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom