Are Jt & Zt Hof'ers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Jt & Zt Hof'ers?

Both good to very good players, neither will make it. Taylor has a chance(Zach does not), having a DPOY award helps but better pass rushers that played on better teams aren't in so I don't think he gets in and if he does it will be one of those 20-30 years later type of deals. Has alot of sacks but not many double digit sack seasons, zero career playoff sacks in 6 playoff games, was leader(along w/ Zach) of D's that struggled in big spots.

i actually agree with you 100%

Zach will not make it IMO because he was inconsistent with big plays. He was great at them early in his career, but the second half of his career he was strictly a tackling machine. That isn't bad, and I loved him...but it doesn't get you in the HOF.

As for JT, he blew it last year. He was probably a shoe-in before his crap last year...if you think he lost points on this board...imagine the points he lost to non-Dolfans...

He needed to continue to have solid numbers last year...and he didn't. (They probably don't care if he was injured.) This year he is going to play a "specialty" role. This will also not help his numbers...

He will have his show back in after this season. There is a lot things that factored in why JT did not do so good last year. Now there is a lot things factored in this year for him to do good. But i am not really sure either will get in all though i think they should esp my boy ZT. Man i miss him he will always be my fav LB.

GUARANTEED for the Ring in Dolphin Stadium. Howzabout the HOF?

JT is a lock...he has better numbers than Andre Tippitt, who just got elected at LB a few years ago. JT played a similar hybrid DE/LB as Tippett and he more Pro Bowls and 1st/2nd Team All NFL numbers than Tippett.

Zach Thomas is borderline. If they go by tackles alone he is a lock. But he doesn't have a SB ring and hasn't had much team success. I think he is in the same area as Randy Gradishar and Karl Mecklenburg....close but not quite there yet.

JT has the best shot of making it. That being said, JT really has to produce this year and possibly the next. He can't have another "Washington" type of year this late in the game.

He will have his show back in after this season. There is a lot things that factored in why JT did not do so good last year. Now there is a lot things factored in this year for him to do good. But i am not really sure either will get in all though i think they should esp my boy ZT. Man i miss him he will always be my fav LB.

If JT can come back this year and maybe get in a good couple of years with the Phins before retiring, I think he would be a lock. Let's hope that happens...:hi5:

JT has the best shot of making it. That being said, JT really has to produce this year and possibly the next. He can't have another "Washington" type of year this late in the game.

i don't know that another last year hurts him that much. He is what he is, I think, and I'm not sure a couple of reasonably succesful years at this point will really make a difference one way or the other.

I agree. But the point is that Lewis has done it consistently over his entire career and continues to make big plays. As many have said on this site..."when's the last time you remember Zach making a big stop on 4th down." That used to be an easy question to answer...now...I don't remember one for several years....

Ray may end up being a 1st ballad HOFer (the guy has been great, but if that happened, it would be more because of rep, then production), Zach on stats, deserves to get in at least on his 4th or 5th try if Ray gets in so quickly.

Zach has not been the intimidating presence that Ray has been, but other then last year, I can honestly say the last 3 years it has been Zach that has been the more consistent, and you can not deny very rarely has Zach had the type of talent Ray has had around him.

Really here are the stats (which you say are overrated).

Thomas (14 years): 1720 Tackles, 17 INT, 17 FF

Urlacher (10 years): 1055 Tackles, 17 INT, 8 FF

Lewis (14 years): 1625 Tackles, 28 INT, 12 FF

Looks like Zach stacks up pretty well to me, as he actually has more tackles and FF than both Urlacher and Lewis.

When will dolphin fans learn tackles are a subjective stat. I always go back to week 2 of 2005 when Zach did nothing all day but the next day dolphin fans talked about how great he was b/c he had about 10 tackles. Most of his tackles were 6-7 yards downfield. That's not impressive. Anyone who watches football w/ some sort of objectivity realizes it's comical to even discuss Zach compared to those other 2.

Excuse me, didnt JT just recently get voted Defensive Player of the Decade, let me guess you probably think Calvin Pace is just as good as JT. Your post on here have deterioted rapidly as of late, are you still BITTER over the butt whipping the Fins handed your Jets to end your season??

No, he didn't get voted defensive player of the decade.

Yes I am still bitter that we lost a meaningless game to you guys last year which was our first loss against you since 2005 and only the 5th one since 1998. That is why I am saying this:rolleyes2:

When will dolphin fans learn tackles are a subjective stat. I always go back to week 2 of 2005 when Zach did nothing all day but the next day dolphin fans talked about how great he was b/c he had about 10 tackles. Most of his tackles were 6-7 yards downfield. That's not impressive. Anyone who watches football w/ some sort of objectivity realizes it's comical to even discuss Zach compared to those other 2.

No, he didn't get voted defensive player of the decade.

Yes I am still bitter that we lost a meaningless game to you guys last year which was our first loss against you since 2005 and only the 5th one since 1998. That is why I am saying this:rolleyes2:

Not quite a meaningless loss, just cost you guys a playoff spot and the Division.... I guess most Jet fans look at those as meaningless games though considering your long history of losing...

zach probably won't make it and it will be a crime. JT probably will - just not on the first try. he needs guys like richard dent to get in first.

Not quite a meaningless loss, just cost you guys a playoff spot and the Division.... I guess most Jet fans look at those as meaningless games though considering your long history of losing...

You do know that had we won we wouldn't have made the playoffs, right? So whether we won or loss we weren't going to postseason. The difference would have been NE would have made it instead of you guys.

i don't know that another last year hurts him that much. He is what he is, I think, and I'm not sure a couple of reasonably succesful years at this point will really make a difference one way or the other.

It may or may not. That being said, leaving on a high note would make JT's candidacy more appealing to the committee versus languishing in mediocrity like he was in Washington.

I think JT will be in the hall of fame probably not first ballot. You have to compare him to his contemporaries and over his career he AND Mike Strahan were considered the best at DE. The media has alot to do with HOF selection and overall Taylor has been a media darling for the most part. I agree Thomas deserves to be in the hall of fame but the media has always ignored him to a great degree. Unless he does something special in KC he wil have trouble making it. Ray Lewis on the other hand is a media darling, he could fart and be touted for the leadership in his fart.

The big differance is Lewis was on a super bowl winner and thats usually a great determining factor. I think Lewis was a great player but not as far above similar linebackers of his era that people make him out to be. He is also looked at as a great leader
and I think that is the most overused word in pro football. It always seems like the one who talk the most smack on defense are the great leaders or at least looked at that way

Have any DPOY's ever not made the H of F once eligible? I don't know the answer. My feeling is that the percentages in favor of being in the H of F are very high. It's too large an honor to overlook.

With that in mind, I think JT gets in someday but ZT does not.

Have any DPOY's ever not made the H of F once eligible? I don't know the answer. My feeling is that the percentages in favor of being in the H of F are very high. It's too large an honor to overlook.

With that in mind, I think JT gets in someday but ZT does not.

Dick Anderson - 73
Harvey Martin - 77
Randy Gradishar - 78
Lester Hayes - 80
Doug Betters - 83
Kenny Easley - 84
Keith Millard - 89
Pat Swilling - 91
Cortez Kennedy - 92
Deion Sanders - 94 (Will be someday...)
Bryce Paup - 95
Dana Stubblefield - 97

The winners after that are still playing or will be HOF IMO (Sapp)...

So, being the DPOY doesn't mean you get in the HOF...especially if you are a Phin...(Anderson/Betters.)

From that list....Anderson should be there before JT...

Not a Phin, but why isn't Harvey Martin in the HOF? He was a stud when I was a kid...(Co-Super Bowl MVP, led the "Doomsday Defense" in sacks 7 times, 4 time pro bowler, DPOY 77, still owns team records for sacks as a rookie, season and career.) I really don't get this one...

Sorry guys, but if Martin isn't in there...there is no reason JT should be there. JT would need another couple "good" seasons to deserve to be in there over Martin. Both has similar accolades and numbers....

Back
Top Bottom