Are Love or Herbert better prospects than Rosen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Love or Herbert better prospects than Rosen?

Rosen has had nothing to work with. It’s unfair to really grade him right now. That said, if the OL is solid, he should have a shot in 2020 to compete. With Fitz and Rosen, we can still draft a QB with one of the first 5 picks in Rd 1 or 2 and draft BPA. The team needs a lot of help and I believe in this coaching. As much bashing as I see in this forum on Gailey, he may be just what Rosen and an incoming QB needs, a simpler offense based on the spread. I dont think Rosen will be a HOF, but could be solid for us especially with a strong D and running game. Give me Simmons first please, then get a couple stud OT our OG thru FA and draft and pick up a RB like Edwards-Hellaire on day 2.

Rosen has had nothing to work with. It’s unfair to really grade him right now. That said, if the OL is solid, he should have a shot in 2020 to compete. With Fitz and Rosen, we can still draft a QB with one of the first 5 picks in Rd 1 or 2 and draft BPA. The team needs a lot of help and I believe in this coaching. As much bashing as I see in this forum on Gailey, he may be just what Rosen and an incoming QB needs, a simpler offense based on the spread. I dont think Rosen will be a HOF, but could be solid for us especially with a strong D and running game. Give me Simmons first please, then get a couple stud OT our OG thru FA and draft and pick up a RB like Edwards-Hellaire on day 2.

Just a gut feeling . . . I think, IF Flo/Grier like what they see, he'll be on the roster in '20. If he shows no or minimal improvement in camp, he won't last through PS. I agree he had a bad supporting cast and an abysmal OL last fall, but his mechanics and mental quickness will support him or kill him. No one here knows what he's done since he was pulled. I doubt he's shown enough to warrant passing on a R1 QB, but what do I know.

Just a gut feeling . . . I think, IF Flo/Grier like what they see, he'll be on the roster in '20. If he shows no or minimal improvement in camp, he won't last through PS. I agree he had a bad supporting cast and an abysmal OL last fall, but his mechanics and mental quickness will support him or kill him. No one here knows what he's done since he was pulled. I doubt he's shown enough to warrant passing on a R1 QB, but what do I know.
I dont totally disagree. Picking a Rd 1 QB isnt foolish, but trading picks to move up a few spots for an elite prospect that has had a serious injury is. Bringing in competition doesn’t hurt and if both Rosen and said QB light it up, then we can trade one of them like the Pats did with Jimmy G. I’d love to see Rosen run the Gailey offense with a second or two more to throw and read through progressions. Fitz could pull it off as he is a seasoned vet. Rosen isnt.

Rosen for a brief minute looked good out there... But he was taking a pounding with no time to throw and that is not something that a young QB can endure and improve. Fitzmagic with 15 + years of experience was better suited to play on a shitty team and deal with the terrible line.

Letting a young inexperienced QB go out there and get pummeled is only going to get him hurt and destroy his confidence. I think that Miami did the right thing in letting Fitz play and work with Rosen coaching him up. The thing that pisses me off the most is that we ended up with meaningless wins late in the season against the ****ing Pats and not winning those two games late in the season cost us a top 2 pick.

We would have the #2 pick right now and guarantted Tua without having to trade the extra two picks we have in the first round.

It was a low risk move to get Rosen and give him a shot... I made my peace with that a long time ago. The meaningless wins at the end of the season that cost us the #2 draft pick will haunt me forever.

Depends what type of scouting you have. Rosen represents the ideal old NFL QB. Poor pocket movement, rigid mechanics, poor ball placement instinct. Love is more of the new NFL prototype as he can move and throw the ball off-platform.

Give me Simmons first please, then get a couple stud OT our OG thru FA and draft and pick up a RB like Edwards-Hellaire on day 2.
Yeah, when I saw that Simmons ran a 4.39, I chubbed right up. Not kidding (in a figurative sense).

Depends what type of scouting you have. Rosen represents the ideal old NFL QB. Poor pocket movement, rigid mechanics, poor ball placement instinct. Love is more of the new NFL prototype as he can move and throw the ball off-platform.

Our OL and he's going to need a highly mobile platform.
Rosen has poor pocket movement in the 2.5 seconds he has to work with
Ridged mechanics as if what ?
Poor Ball placement Oh come on this isnt the political forum bring something real.
Like how it might make some sense to not have the worst OL in the NFL to have to learn behind.
How maybe its fair before you condemn the guy to give him a fair shot with understanding he like all qb needs to learn and develop.
And I'm not saying your wrong but I don't think your on a Vince lombardi level as evaluator who has secret powers to evaluate what has not been given an even close to fair opportunity to make the decisions you are making. Tua Burrow Love whoever I doubt would do any better with our old Offense...

You put him behind just a good OL with a Good RB not Ballage or whoever we had. And WR's that don't drop several catchable passes and then see what he does. You don't stick him in with the crappiest OL expecting him to carry the whole offense on his shoulders. If after that he sucks than you can lay the blame on him but Our Offense has be crippled for decades.
EX. Tannehill, with us he sucked (IMO) with a real team infront of him was on another level. For true evaluation Rosen needs major Offense upgrade
Ya a 15 year vet gave us a 5-11 season so lets have a parade...

Last edited:
Our OL and he's going to need a highly mobile platform.
Rosen has poor pocket movement in the 2.5 seconds he has to work with
Ridged mechanics as if what ?
Poor Ball placement Oh come on this isnt the political forum bring something real.
Like how it might make some sense to not have the worst OL in the NFL to have to learn behind.
How maybe its fair before you condemn the guy to give him a fair shot with understanding he like all qb needs to learn and develop.
And I'm not saying your wrong but I don't think your on a Vince lombardi level as evaluator who has secret powers to evaluate what has not been given an even close to fair opportunity to make the decisions you are making. Tua Burrow Love whoever I doubt would do any better with our old Offense...

You put him behind just a good OL with a Good RB not Ballage or whoever we had. And WR's that don't drop several catchable passes and then see what he does. You don't stick him in with the crappiest OL expecting him to carry the whole offense on his shoulders. If after that he sucks than you can lay the blame on him but Our Offense has be crippled for decades.
EX. Tannehill, with us he sucked (IMO) with a real team infront of him was on another level. For true evaluation Rosen needs major Offense upgrade
Ya a 15 year vet gave us a 5-11 season so lets have a parade...

Another thought...how many of the starting QB's in the league last year would have led us to more wins?

Another thought...how many of the starting QB's in the league last year would have led us to more wins?

Maybe none. Personally I think Fitz out did himself and surprise the hell out of me especially the second half. Maybe a Mahones or another QB that was a threat to run, maybe.

Point was more with all us Monday morning Evaluators. You still need a basic quality level of offense around a QB to even give a fair evaluation. I think he has a strong arm and has shown to be accurate. Kind of grown into wanting Tua but think if the team has a solid all around offense you don't need a future hall of fame QB.
Damn Griese ( Yes, a hall of famer) but wasn't a carry the team on his shoulders like Danny was and with the right offense won some Superbowls. Don't get me wrong a QB who can carry a team is best just not manditory, like to many think. IMO...

Maybe none. Personally I think Fitz out did himself and surprise the hell out of me especially the second half. Maybe a Mahones or another QB that was a threat to run, maybe.

Point was more with all us Monday morning Evaluators. You still need a basic quality level of offense around a QB to even give a fair evaluation. I think he has a strong arm and has shown to be accurate. Kind of grown into wanting Tua but think if the team has a solid all around offense you don't need a future hall of fame QB.
Damn Griese ( Yes, a hall of famer) but wasn't a carry the team on his shoulders like Danny was and with the right offense won some Superbowls. Don't get me wrong a QB who can carry a team is best just not manditory, like to many think. IMO...

What some seem to skip over is how bad RF was in the st 4 games. Look at the stats and tell me RF was better. No, I'm not a Rosen apologist, but pretending RF was a great QB starting game 1 is a losing argument and I doubt Herbert/Love would have had better success. which of those 3 - Herbert/Love/Rosen - is better? Rosen's in a deep hole, given his NFL lack of success. What Flo thinks or will think of him in summer '20 is one of the deepest secrets in Miami.

What some seem to skip over is how bad RF was in the st 4 games. Look at the stats and tell me RF was better. No, I'm not a Rosen apologist, but pretending RF was a great QB starting game 1 is a losing argument and I doubt Herbert/Love would have had better success. which of those 3 - Herbert/Love/Rosen - is better? Rosen's in a deep hole, given his NFL lack of success. What Flo thinks or will think of him in summer '20 is one of the deepest secrets in Miami.

Nobody is skipping over anything or said Fitz was great from the start. No one saying RF is the Franchise QB especially the first half of the season. If you read my post I said Fitz impressed me especially the second half with though improved but still a Crappy OL and not much of a RB to speak of either and that we did go 5-11 which isn't the endorsement you seem to be reading in. Not to mention maybe important He was the friggin leading rusher for our team. Fitz had the experience and knowledge (12-14 seasons) that gave him a huge edge over Rosen.

I can't deny Rosen possibly being in deep Doo Doo but not having much of anything around him to help IMO might be in the consideration dept. before possibly throwing him away. In which also I'm sure Flores has a hell of a lot more understanding since seeing him everyday than we do. And now for me, I just don't know

Nobody is skipping over anything or said Fitz was great from the start. No one saying RF is the Franchise QB especially the first half of the season. If you read my post I said Fitz impressed me especially the second half with though improved but still a Crappy OL and not much of a RB to speak of either and that we did go 5-11 which isn't the endorsement you seem to be reading in. Not to mention maybe important He was the friggin leading rusher for our team. Fitz had the experience and knowledge (12-14 seasons) that gave him a huge edge over Rosen.

I can't deny Rosen possibly being in deep Doo Doo but not having much of anything around him to help IMO might be in the consideration dept. before possibly throwing him away. In which also I'm sure Flores has a hell of a lot more understanding since seeing him everyday than we do. And now for me, I just don't know

My bad. I have a habit of targeting my answers to all on FH and not just the poster. Didn't mean to imply YOU denied RF was bad early. That said, yes, there are people ignoring RF's early games.

Actually, I posted in support of "Personally I think Fitz out did himself and surprised the hell out of me especially the second half." He was impressive. I kept waiting for the 'bad' RF to show up. He didn't. A part of that was significantly better pass pro, again supporting your point. And I'm firmly in the 'no one knows what Flo is thinking' when it comes to Flo and staff.

Rosen constantly had a defensive player in his face and he had no running game to back him up. 3/4 of the season I would have sworn that Chad O'Shea didn't even belong calling plays in high school let alone in the NFL. I don't blame Rosen for the failures that he had last year, but I also didn't believe in him coming into the NFL or coming from Arizona either and nothing he did last year moved the needle much for me.

I know some will call me crazy but I would MUCH rather load up on defensive players in round 1 and then take Hurts early in the 2nd and hopefully be able to snag a starting caliber RB in round 2 as well. Hurts will be the guy from this draft that people are going to look back at and say how did we miss so badly on him.

I also like Jacob Eason a lot as well but I don't think I'd take him until the last of our 1st and by then he may be gone. He could turn out to be a star or he could be a total flop but I like his makeup and his arm.
I just posted something almost identical, I agree with you 100

Back
Top Bottom