Are Love or Herbert better prospects than Rosen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Love or Herbert better prospects than Rosen?

There is absolutely no way any team would give up a 2nd for Rosen and I'm no Rosen basher. It's just that he's shown nada and the fact that our staff seems to indicate he's not ready doesn't help. I don't think a third would be in play either.

An interesting question in a lot of ways. In hindsight, I think Rosen road a lot of hype that he had as a prospect out of high school (which was insane hype) but he was a good propsect in his own right. Is it fair to say maybe should have been a day 2 player? Maybe.

I think one can argue easily both have higher upside than Rosen.

I am completely against giving up these valuable draft assets that we traded really good players away for to draft any one of these guys, including Tua. In fact, I wouldn’t mind it if we drafted Isaiah Simons at 5, and then used our two other first round picks to trade back up and draft Jordan Love Later in the round? I wouldn’t mind if we took Tua or Herbert at 5 depending upon what the front office thinks (even Love). I just don’t think it’s worth trading assets for Tua and not sure others will either based on risk/reward and other options available?

Alternatively, getting one of these 3 QB prospects, an Offensive Tackle, and a running back (I personally like Jonathan Taylor from Wisconson) would also be a great success in the first round?

Would you trade 26 (Jonathan Taylor in your scenario) to move up?

Would you trade 26 (Jonathan Taylor in your scenario) to move up?
If you mean the 26th pick and thus the opportunity to draft him, I would, simply because we could get another very good running back in the second round.

However, I would also be happy staying put and getting the 3 first round picks (Love/Tua, an OT, and Jonathan Taylor) I think would be a super home Run. I was just trying to think out of the box a bit. Hard to argue with the potential of Isaiah Simmons though...

I don't wanna turn this into another Tua thread but this is a screenshot from the video where McShay talks about his injury history. He also says that no QB taken in the 1st round in the recent past with a college injury history have avoided being injured in the pros.

View attachment 39027

You made this another Tua thread from the jump.

Rosen is a funny case... The coaches have said nothing but great things about his ability to keep working hard and improving. The fact that he did not play does not mean they do not believe in him per se. Fitzmagic was the team MVP last season. I personally would trade two of our victories for the #1 pick but the coaches decided to play to win down the stretch and have the locker room excited.

I have searched on google and I cannot find one instance where anyone from Miami has had a single bad thing to say about Rosen since we traded for him.

I can tell you this.... I would rather have Rosen than Trubisky .... So if I was the bears and I had a shot at Rosen for a second round pick... I would jump on that sh*t.

No one in Arizona a single bad word to say about Rosen either. What's the point?

I really like Rosen and think he’ll do well if we give him a line. I really do.
Perhaps showcase him a bit next year then trade away

I would say Herbert is a superior prospect than Rosen.
Size - Herbert
Athleticism- Herbert
Arm strength- Herbert
Accuracy- Rosen

Plus Herbert has 3+ years of production and helped turn around the Oregon program and won some big games. And I’m not even a Herbert fan. But his traits and resume are better than Rosens imo

What if the master plan was for Rosen to play a little in 2019, sit behind Fitz after that and learn, and then be the guy in either 2020 or 2021? Would save the team a bunch by making it so they don’t have to trade picks to get a QB.

Again, I'm no Rosen fan but to write him off as a bust already is premature. In two seasons, he has had garbage O-Lines and few weapons (save for Fitzgerald). Fitzpatrick was able to get around our O-Line issues because he is still a slightly better QB than Rosen and he has much more experience. In his entire football career before the NFL, he had better than average O-Lines and other offensive weapons around him. This is not unique to Rosen as most (there are always some outliers) top-tier NFL QB prospects have similar experiences in college (and to some degree, in high school). I am using "top tier" as a relative term at each level (yes, a top-tier college O-Line would get destroyed against mediocre to poor NFL defensive lines).
I would not lower the urgency level of bringing in a young talented QB because of Josh Rosen. Rosen hasn't even showed a glimmer of being successful NFL QB.

All of this hope that Rosen is somehow magically going to transform into some kind of QB savior is downright silly at this point. He has shown nothing so far and it would be downright negligent to not address the QB position because Josh Rosen happens to be on your roster.

What if the master plan was for Rosen to play a little in 2019, sit behind Fitz after that and learn, and then be the guy in either 2020 or 2021? Would save the team a bunch by making it so they don’t have to trade picks to get a QB.

If Miami doesn't draft a R1 QB you may be right

Well using hindsight (which we have) and Rosen looking like he's gonna be the 3rd stringer on a team coming off a 5-11 team, I dont see how you can say Rosen is a better prospect haha Sure Herbert and Love could look worse than Rosen has in his first two years but they'd have to try real hard.

Or they could easily wait for 2021 class this is gonna be a slow rebuild. No way we fix all our holes in 1 year

Those are not mutually exclusive. Miami could pass on a QB this year, run with RF and Rosen, and draft a QB in '21 if desired. I still anticipate a QB in '20

Back
Top Bottom