Are most Dolfans on this site homers ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are most Dolfans on this site homers ?

Which category do you fall into ?

• I am a homer I see us having a real shot this year and every year.

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • I think it could happen if we got all the right breaks.

Votes: 76 44.2%
  • I cant see it happening but stranger things have happened.

Votes: 47 27.3%
  • It could happen only if a few planes crashed.

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Well this term HOMER has been one that has bothered me very much since I have joined this wonderful community of knowledge that is FinHeaven. I have been a Fin fan for over 20 years and have always seemed to stay positive about the team I love. I have enjoyed rooting for the Dolphins through wonderful seasons and not so wonderful seasons and that is okay. Every year is a fresh start and new hopes of winning seasons endure until we are mathematically eliminated. I always have hope that we will again make it to the final game and have a chance to hoist the Lomabrdi Trophy for all Dolphins fans to celebrate.

But what really chaps my hide is when my fanaticism to a team that I love is downtrodden by some other Dolphin fans that seem to think that if you don't weigh all the variables and all of the ways a team can lose and this and that and you don't have some real pessimism then you are a Homer. There is nothing wrong with believing in your team to win when it truly can. And the Miami Dolphins can win. Like others have said "Any team can win on any given Sunday" That is what I love about the NFL.

If you look up the word Homer in the dictionary it has nothing to do with the way it is used here.

There are 5 definitions for it in the Webster's dictionary and my favorite one is : 9th–8th? century b.c. Greek epic poet

So I will consider myself an epic poet for the Miami Dolphins and say that there is nothing to be ashamed of being a homer for your team, in fact what else would you want to be, a person that calls themselves a fan of a team (which is supposed to be enjoyable) but then try to find all of the faults that their team has. Instead of rooting for them with fiery passion!

I will choose the latter for my team and choose to find the faults of our opponents that we can exploit with our weapons.

So Homers unite for we are the EPIC POETS!!

Perfectly said. I wish I could write this well sometimes.

Well this term HOMER has been one that has bothered me very much since I have joined this wonderful community of knowledge that is FinHeaven. I have been a Fin fan for over 20 years and have always seemed to stay positive about the team I love. I have enjoyed rooting for the Dolphins through wonderful seasons and not so wonderful seasons and that is okay. Every year is a fresh start and new hopes of winning seasons endure until we are mathematically eliminated. I always have hope that we will again make it to the final game and have a chance to hoist the Lomabrdi Trophy for all Dolphins fans to celebrate.

But what really chaps my hide is when my fanaticism to a team that I love is downtrodden by some other Dolphin fans that seem to think that if you don't weigh all the variables and all of the ways a team can lose and this and that and you don't have some real pessimism then you are a Homer. There is nothing wrong with believing in your team to win when it truly can. And the Miami Dolphins can win. Like others have said "Any team can win on any given Sunday" That is what I love about the NFL.

If you look up the word Homer in the dictionary it has nothing to do with the way it is used here.

There are 5 definitions for it in the Webster's dictionary and my favorite one is : 9th–8th? century b.c. Greek epic poet

So I will consider myself an epic poet for the Miami Dolphins and say that there is nothing to be ashamed of being a homer for your team, in fact what else would you want to be, a person that calls themselves a fan of a team (which is supposed to be enjoyable) but then try to find all of the faults that their team has. Instead of rooting for them with fiery passion!

I will choose the latter for my team and choose to find the faults of our opponents that we can exploit with our weapons.

WOW! I'm literally standing at my computer chair and applauding this post! Post of the month perhaps? :clap:

YOu damned traitor!!! How DARE you suggest we won't win the SUPERBOWL this year??? We have the best players and coaches in the galaxy!!! You don't REALLY love the Phins.

:))))))) Or something along those lines. lol.

I also get sick of the moron homers who flame anyone who doesn't think the Dolphins can walk on water, ESPECIALLY when those people are ill-informed.

That is, they start threads like "Dolphins WIN SuperBowl this Year!!!" with their explanation being, With 'Big Dog' Wilkionson in the middle, Lorenzo Booker back at WR (best EVER!!!) and John Bock starting at QB we will RUN ALL OVER Teams this year (Inherent logic: One cut DT, One Misnamed RB/WR and one 2nd String QB equal a dominant running game???)

Yes, Homers are lovely.

YOu damned traitor!!! How DARE you suggest we won't win the SUPERBOWL this year??? We have the best players and coaches in the galaxy!!! You don't REALLY love the Phins.

:))))))) Or something along those lines. lol.

I also get sick of the moron homers who flame anyone who doesn't think the Dolphins can walk on water, ESPECIALLY when those people are ill-informed.

That is, they start threads like "Dolphins WIN SuperBowl this Year!!!" with their explanation being, With 'Big Dog' Wilkionson in the middle, Lorenzo Booker back at WR (best EVER!!!) and John Bock starting at QB we will RUN ALL OVER Teams this year (Inherent logic: One cut DT, One Misnamed RB/WR and one 2nd String QB equal a dominant running game???)

Yes, Homers are lovely.

:sidelol: Those threads are not from homers, they are from the short bus.

I think it's ridiculous to call any fan who thinks their team has a shot at the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season a "homer". If we didn't think our team had a shot at the Super Bowl, or at least the playoffs, why would we watch? It would be completely pointless. Now, when the team starts out 1-6, and there's no signs of improvement.....saying we'll win out, and ride the winning streak to the Super Bowl is "homerism". Although I'll never fault anyone for optimism. So, in short, if thinking/hoping at this point that our team has a shot at the Super Bowl, or playoffs, is being a "homer"....sign me up for that "homer" kool-aid!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm with you on this one man. Mainly it's the trolls on this site that spit the "homer" calling out. Don't let it bother you. Support our boys and enjoy the season

The problem is "any given Sunday" only gives you one win. In order to be a good football team we have to win "most every Sunday". I'm a huge fan but I'm also honest with myself. I know teams can make a quick turn around, but that's the exception not the rule. Everything henges on the offensive line. If they can't get it done this season will look a lot like last years.

The problem is "any given Sunday" only gives you one win. In order to be a good football team we have to win "most every Sunday". I'm a huge fan but I'm also honest with myself. I know teams can make a quick turn around, but that's the exception not the rule. Everything henges on the offensive line. If they can't get it done this season will look a lot like last years.

Did we shut out the Patriots last year?
Did we not beat the undefeated Bears last year when no one thought we could?
Other than Buffalo shutting us out were we blown out of any games last year?

I think you are missing the point of what I was saying. You take one game at a time and go from there. You root for your team with passion believing that they can do it. Players are not robots that give the same results every day they step on the field, and to say that our team can't win consistently is down right foolish. We have had win streaks the past couple of years that have kept Dol Fans motivated with a slim chance of entering the playoffs and that to me is exciting. I love my Dolphins and am by no means irrational in saying that they can contend this coming year. Will they? Only 16 games will tell.

:sidelol:Great post..The whole thing, just great!!!

Back
Top Bottom