are our fans really that bad in miami?! found this article from espn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are our fans really that bad in miami?! found this article from espn

To put it simply, south Florida is a melting pot and theres tons of things to do besides watch football.

If I lived in South Florida, I'd be there every Sunday. Unfortunately not everyone will do the same. Although as long as we win, the fans will come.

The formula for more fans in the seats is simple......WIN. Not just one year of making it to the playoffs, but consistant winning. You take any team and they start to lose consistanly and you will see empty seats at thier stadiums also.

As for other fans coming into the stadium.....I live in Central Florida and its like this all over Florida. The Snowbirds come down from the North and settle here and bring thier loyaty for thier team with them. If the fins win more...you will see the fairweather fans start filling the seats. With the economy the way it is, noone wants to spend money on tickets for a family not to have a goodtime and see a win. Im in the military and cant afford it for a family of 4...even though I did goto a game this year and 2 last year, including the playoff game that hurt my pockets a lil.

GO FINS!!!!!!!!

Bingo.

Place was full of personality...it's like the bar you go to every week, people know your name, what you drink.

Landshark Stadium is like Chili's...no personality, they just make drinks, no time for conversation, etc. It may look nicer, but the charm just isn't there.
I always had hoped they would've leveled,and rebuilt another Orange Bowl for us.Brand new...looking just like the old...but new.Throwback stadium if you will.I remember that Soldier Field did this to some extent.GOD I LOVED THAT STADIUM!!! It had an atmosphere that only afew could rival.

the partying argument is definitely a valid point. Miami is prolly the biggest party town in the US. I always hopped around from club Space to clubs in south beach. I used to party every saturday. come out of the club around 9 am, ****ed up and needing sleep. And if I was partying in south beach( 5 am clubs close), I would head to downtown lol. I would wake up to watch the games of course, but going to them was out of the question. Anddd, I've also lived in California! I lived in North Hollywood and it was sooo easy to get to Hollywood which was south across the mountains. LA and miami are both party towns and that definitely affects ticket sales. Most people partying are prolly in the 21 - 35 age group.

I think they should stop changing the name of our stadium every year and we have been on a long losing streak sin the 04 season whin in reality we only had six losing seasons in our history prior to 04 .

Back
Top Bottom