Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Cam Cameron Background prior to us hiring him:

1. Offensive Coordinator to the one of the best offenses in the league for 4 year seasons.
2. In five seasons in college as head coach, he achieved a record of 18-37
3. Was one of the most discussed candidates during the offseason.
4. People here in finheaven were raving for him. (Yes, I been here that long).

Note: Some of the Candidates being considered have zero head coaching experience, and at least Cam did. Not that it means anything, but worth noting.

1643134470278.png

Last edited:
Yuuuup. Just waiting for Daboll to NYG and the coaching dominos to start falling.

There’s too many openings.

Daboll has no head coaching experience. I don't know what he is going to do in terms of rebuilding the Giants for example. The giants have too many holes, but Flores getting fired gave the Dolphins a bad Rap for candidates.

Cam Cameron Background prior to us hiring him:

1. Offensive Coordinator to the one of the best offenses in the league for 4 year seasons.
2. In five seasons in college as head coach, he achieved a record of 18-37
3. Was one of the most discussed candidates during the offseason.
4. People here in finheaven were raving for him. (Yes, I been here that long).

Note: Some of the Candidates being considered have zero head coaching experience, and at least Cam did. Not that it means anything, but worth noting.

View attachment 93553
I'm more worried about us drafting another flores all over again

Of course. I don't trust anyone in the front office to get it right. Flores seemingly was a leader of men, but it was his pursuit of more power that ultimately caused his demise. They need to keep that from happening over and over.

The fear of Cam Cameron 2.0 is very real.

I don't know what it is about Ross that coaches such as, Philbin, Gase and Flores, thought they were entitled to complete control. Ultimately failing in their attempts of power grabs and shown the door. Miami need not another Cameron situation. But if it does happen and they somehow get the #1 overall pick, It might be just what the team needs, to secure a franchise type QB?

Man, what a mistake. I never liked the hire, personally. I'm not a fan of hiring the coordinator with an all-star cast like Cameron (LaDanian Tomlinson, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson). We did the same crap with Gase.

I know it's hard to find credible candidates, but think we need to keep in mind players on the candidates current roster. Did that coach inherit a great player (i.e. Gase and Manning) or did they help groom a great player (i.e. Draboll/Dorsey and Josh Allen). We also need to keep in mind the track record of the head coaching tree that the candidate came from, which is why I like Eric Bieniemy.

Hiring a coach seems to be one of the biggest craps shoots in the NFL....with the exception of Chris Grier drafting offensive lineman.

FAIL FORWARD FAST - his line is etched in my brain for all eternity,
LMAO. Cam got two of those out of three, so you have to commend the guy. He failed, and he failed fast.

I am Getting vibes more on the Flores hiring than Cameron

We all wanted Kris Richard, and we waited and waited and then hired Flo after the SB hearing he was the plan all along

I obviously don't know what's going on behind the scenes. But when Jim Harbaugh and Doug Pederson are out there and rumors are Vance Joseph is in the running, I am concerned.

As with most offseasons, Miami is at a crossroads. The right choice here could be huge for the organization. The Dolphins have some nice pieces, are coming off two consecutive winning seasons etc.

The right coach could help catapult this team into contention.

Back
Top Bottom