Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search?

Well, some first time coaches are doing alright. Here are a few for starters. Seems Miami cannot ever hit on one. Is it organization that fails them? Or are they just failures to begin with?

coaches.jpg

Attachments

• coaches.jpg
    coaches.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
You're worried about hiring a coach that went 19-14 over the last two years? If that happened, I'd be ecstatic.
I'm worried about hiring a coach like flores who couldn’t get a good staff in place and turn it over time and again, a guy that knows nothing about building an offense who never had his QB's back........yes, I'm worried about hiring a HC like that again.

You're worried about hiring a coach that went 19-14 over the last two years? If that happened, I'd be ecstatic.
I agree, we find a HC that is another Flores with better ability to surround himself with quality coaches, and has no problem giving Tua a real shot to succeed...I am more then ecstatic.

yeah, how about an interview with Kris Richard. Special teams coaches make up a good percentage of successful NFL head coaches.

I'm worried about hiring a coach like flores who couldn’t get a good staff in place and turn it over time and again, a guy that knows nothing about building an offense who never had his QB's back........yes, I'm worried about hiring a HC like that again.
I don't disagree with the offense staff part but it's not his job to baby Tua. He recognized early that he was hot garbage. He stuck with him despite that. Had he not gone to Tua last year, we're in the playoffs. I love when people make blanket statements like "a guy that knows nothing about building an offense" but don't look at the bigger picture. Building an offense with the dog meat he was given is impossible. Tua is a **** sandwich, receivers are average, and the line is terrible. That's on the GM! You will realize that when the next coach has the same results. Wait till you see the deep dive our defense takes. You do realize a new staff means zero, right? You can bring in the best offensive mind in the game, means nothing if he's not afforded talent. Flores won 19 games the last two years despite being given dick on offense. To say he didn't deserve another year is just beyond crazy. The grass isn't always greener.

Now you hear Vance Joseph? Do you want him over Flores? Do you want some guy that was already here and failed? Oh wait, but he won as a college OC at a football machine and he won if Buffalo with one of the best young players out there. He won't have that here!!! Come on, man.

You guys argue that Tua wins games. No, it was Flores's defense that won games! If you fired a guy that had a winning record the last two years, you better have an A name ready to go. They don't!

I agree, we find a HC that is another Flores with better ability to surround himself with quality coaches, and has no problem giving Tua a real shot to succeed...I am more then ecstatic.
Didn't give him a shot to succeed? Did he put him out there every week? Your shot is on the field and he proved nothing. If you're talking about talent acquisition and the thought that Tua didn't succeed because of the players around him, then that's on Grier.

I think this is why I am pro McDaniel. He actually relates to people. I don’t think he is Gase in many ways. I think Quinn is an excellent choice too. But thanks to our ****tard owner I don’t think the choice will be ours

I don't disagree with the offense staff part but it's not his job to baby Tua. He recognized early that he was hot garbage. He stuck with him despite that. Had he not gone to Tua last year, we're in the playoffs. I love when people make blanket statements like "a guy that knows nothing about building an offense" but don't look at the bigger picture. Building an offense with the dog meat he was given is impossible. Tua is a **** sandwich, receivers are average, and the line is terrible. That's on the GM! You will realize that when the next coach has the same results. Wait till you see the deep dive our defense takes. You do realize a new staff means zero, right? You can bring in the best offensive mind in the game, means nothing if he's not afforded talent. Flores won 19 games the last two years despite being given dick on offense. To say he didn't deserve another year is just beyond crazy. The grass isn't always greener.

Now you hear Vance Joseph? Do you want him over Flores? Do you want some guy that was already here and failed? Oh wait, but he won as a college OC at a football machine and he won if Buffalo with one of the best young players out there. He won't have that here!!! Come on, man.

You guys argue that Tua wins games. No, it was Flores's defense that won games! If you fired a guy that had a winning record the last two years, you better have an A name ready to go. They don't!
First, i agree that grier sucks and Ross should have gotten rid of both of them but do you really think that flores had nothing to do with which players we drafted or got in free agency? The fact is that he was and still is nothing more than a DC that didn't want to work on the offense.

Second, no I don't want Joseph....in fact he's my least favorite candidate. I'm hoping for Daboll but grier will probably screw that up too. As far as flores, I didn’t fire him anyway.

Daboll has no head coaching experience. I don't know what he is going to do in terms of rebuilding the Giants for example. The giants have too many holes, but Flores getting fired gave the Dolphins a bad Rap for candidates.
Neither did one of best coaches in the league right now, McVay. Its all a gamble. But most teams are forced to gamble as there are not enough experienced, winning HCs to go around.

Didn't give him a shot to succeed? Did he put him out there every week? Your shot is on the field and he proved nothing. If you're talking about talent acquisition and the thought that Tua didn't succeed because of the players around him, then that's on Grier.

Actually Grier tried to work with Flores, so what you see there as far as coaches, and some of those players...that's on Flores.

In NE, instead of having a star RB, the philosophy of their running games was using RB of the moment, so Miami never bothered to get a RB...Yet Miami gets a DB (What Flores D counted on) in the 1st that was expected to go in the 3rd...That coincidence is very surely on Flores.

Miami even after not drafting a consistent powerback the last two drafts, had a RB that proved to be as good as a quality powerback in Duke Johnson, but though Miami's running game was very inconsistent, Duke was not given even a chance to prove himself...That is on Flores.

Miami had a few linemen on the team that had experience, yet Flores decided to get rid of all linemen with experience, and have a line of mostly 1 and two year players...That's on Flores.

Using Co-Ocoordinators was a dumb idea...Having both be inexperienced at O-Coordinator, and learning on the job was insane...That's on Flores.

The Oline was the worst position on the team, and though the type of talent brought in is all Grier's fault, hiring a rookie Oline coach that also was learning on the job, was even worse...That was on Flores.

The offense seemed to play better in the 4th quarters, then in the other three quarters, because the run ineffective and all was being forced, only after in the 4th quarter where the ball was put mostly in Tua's hands, did the Dolphins offense start doing better moving the ball, yet once Miami finally found a running game featuring Duke Johnson in horrible weather, does the coaching decide to mostly ride Tua's Arm...Flores is the HC, and it's on him.

I was and am a fan of Flores as a coach...especially and mostly on defense, but it's not a Coincidence that once Tua came back, did the team start doing better. Flores made too many mistakes this year to be thought he was not somewhat responsible.

First, i agree that grier sucks and Ross should have gotten rid of both of them but do you really think that flores had nothing to do with which players we drafted or got in free agency? The fact is that he was and still is nothing more than a DC that didn't want to work on the offense.

Second, no I don't want Joseph....in fact he's my least favorite candidate. I'm hoping for Daboll but grier will probably screw that up too. As far as flores, I didn’t fire him anyway.
Haha. No, you didn't. I believe he did but ultimately it's on the GM.

The problem is that we should be looking for people with head coaching experience, and we apparently aren't. I really hope Stephen Ross is planning a meeting with Sean Payton as we speak.

JS 55 - I’m not getting any of those same vibes as the year Cam was hired. Maybe because of my poor memory, I seem to remember he was almost a slam dunk. It was evident he was the one the Fins were after.

This time around who knows? Every day brings rumors of a new favorite. Plus I bought into the Cam hype. He was it or bust for me. Now there’s 3-4 + maybe Peyton that l think can succeed.

The one positive l remember about Cam is he ran two units at a time on the practice field just going in opposite directions. That should have allowed to realize faster that he was failing but it didn’t.

Cam Cameron, the man who had never been a head coach in the NFL before, let one of the assistants coach a preseason game as a drill in case anything happened to him and wouldn't be available for a real game. That may have been more bizarre than "fail forward fast" or drafting Ted Ginn's family. Poor guy just doesn't think right.

Back
Top Bottom