Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search?

The only good thing about Cameron is he only lasted one season. Perhaps they hire Cameron #2 and Ross fires him after one season and Payton is ready to get back into coaching after a year off and he takes the Dolphin job.

That would be the only benefit I could see in hiring another Cameron.

Cam Cameron Background prior to us hiring him:

1. Offensive Coordinator to the one of the best offenses in the league for 4 year seasons.
2. In five seasons in college as head coach, he achieved a record of 18-37
3. Was one of the most discussed candidates during the offseason.
4. People here in finheaven were raving for him. (Yes, I been here that long).

Note: Some of the Candidates being considered have zero head coaching experience, and at least Cam did. Not that it means anything, but worth noting.

View attachment 93553
The pendulum always swings. Offense was bad? Go after a hot OC. Defense bad? Go get Flores. We need a HC not a “hot” coordinator.

FAIL FORWARD FAST - his line is etched in my brain for all eternity,
me too and we drafted the entire Ted Ginn family.... i'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about that year

Didn't give him a shot to succeed? Did he put him out there every week? Your shot is on the field and he proved nothing. If you're talking about talent acquisition and the thought that Tua didn't succeed because of the players around him, then that's on Grier.
true but not having a real OC (we needed co OC's, which i don't know if that ever happened in the nfl) falls on Flores.
not hiring a real oline coach also falls on flores.
from the outside looking in it does seem like flores was difficult to get along with. could be wrong but who knows

According to Omar, Cam had a really really bad 1st interview with the Phins and Huizenga gave him a 2nd chance interview to see if he was worth taking a flyer on. The rest is Horrible Dolphins coach history………..

From what the media is spitting out, even though I don’t really believe a lot of what they say is that these coaching candidates have been having good to great interviews. So who the hell knows.

Meh i wanted Whisenhut so not much difference. Its all a crap shoot anyways. AS far as getting a coach with a stacked team, you very rarely see coaches succeed with ****. Or i should say coordinators succeed with **** on their side of the ball

true but not having a real OC (we needed co OC's, which i don't know if that ever happened in the nfl) falls on Flores.
not hiring a real oline coach also falls on flores.
from the outside looking in it does seem like flores was difficult to get along with. could be wrong but who knows
Fair assessment.

Fair assessment.
one thing i think everyone agrees on is that it's a confusing time to be a dolphin fan. and we were a game out from being a playoff team. let's hope we sign some good FA's and finally hire a coach who can be here for a while.. keep the faith

Back
Top Bottom