Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are people having any flashbacks from the Cam Cameron head coaching era during this off season search?

I am Getting vibes more on the Flores hiring than Cameron

We all wanted Kris Richard, and we waited and waited and then hired Flo after the SB hearing he was the plan all along
That is who I wanted

Man, what a mistake. I never liked the hire, personally. I'm not a fan of hiring the coordinator with an all-star cast like Cameron (LaDanian Tomlinson, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson). We did the same crap with Gase.

I know it's hard to find credible candidates, but think we need to keep in mind players on the candidates current roster. Did that coach inherit a great player (i.e. Gase and Manning) or did they help groom a great player (i.e. Draboll/Dorsey and Josh Allen). We also need to keep in mind the track record of the head coaching tree that the candidate came from, which is why I like Eric Bieniemy.

Hiring a coach seems to be one of the biggest craps shoots in the NFL....with the exception of Chris Grier drafting offensive lineman.

What does he do for the Chiefs? No one ever seems able to answer this. We know 2 things for sure:

1. He's not in charge of the game plan
2. He doesn't call plays

Mahomes talks him up, but everything sounds like Bieniemy is some sort of cheerleader/confidant for him.

I'd love to see something that details what his responsibilities / influence on their offense is..

I'm not sure a resume of Mahomes' fluffer and Reid Donut / Hot Dog guy is what you look for in a head coach.

one thing i think everyone agrees on is that it's a confusing time to be a dolphin fan. and we were a game out from being a playoff team. let's hope we sign some good FA's and finally hire a coach who can be here for a while.. keep the faith
Been keeping the faith for almost 40 years. Time for results! Haha!

No, I am having Joe Philbin flashbacks.

Jeff Ireland, Chris Grier, what's the difference at this point?

Cam Cameron Background prior to us hiring him:

1. Offensive Coordinator to the one of the best offenses in the league for 4 year seasons.
2. In five seasons in college as head coach, he achieved a record of 18-37
3. Was one of the most discussed candidates during the offseason.
4. People here in finheaven were raving for him. (Yes, I been here that long).

Note: Some of the Candidates being considered have zero head coaching experience, and at least Cam did. Not that it means anything, but worth noting.

View attachment 93553
Yep, add: coach he replaced becomes a football hall of famer...
Except this time we did it to ourselves!!!

Man, what a mistake. I never liked the hire, personally. I'm not a fan of hiring the coordinator with an all-star cast like Cameron (LaDanian Tomlinson, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson). We did the same crap with Gase.

I know it's hard to find credible candidates, but think we need to keep in mind players on the candidates current roster. Did that coach inherit a great player (i.e. Gase and Manning) or did they help groom a great player (i.e. Draboll/Dorsey and Josh Allen). We also need to keep in mind the track record of the head coaching tree that the candidate came from, which is why I like Eric Bieniemy.

Hiring a coach seems to be one of the biggest craps shoots in the NFL....with the exception of Chris Grier drafting offensive lineman.
By the first logical thought process, shouldn’t you NOT like Bienemy? That is an all star cast. By the same logic, you should probably like McDaniel. They have a stable of nobodies at RB and a QB that makes Alex Smith look like an all star.

Also, the Mike Shanahan tree is pretty strong:

1643377135085.jpeg

Mike McDaniel is Joe Philbin

Kellen Moore is Adam Gase

Brian Daboll is Matt Nagy

We are screwed

Back
Top Bottom