Are Phans Giving Up Too Early? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Phans Giving Up Too Early?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I cannot recall giving up on the season this early with the team having "somewhat of a chance" to maybe do something, however unlikely. I may well lead this parade by my "Don't Care Anymore" thread weeks ago based on my expectations and disappointment. Now, I'm having just a glimmer of second thought.

It would just be like our Dolphins team to make us all look foolish yet again by winning, kinda like in the movies Major League and Bad News Bears. I cannot put doing something like this to it's Phans who have given up past this team, even without Wake, Delmas, and James. The remaining schedule has no VG teams other than Pats and maybe the Jets.

Can anyone else even imagine our team taking a run late just to prove us all wrong once again?

That would be something, really something, to see.

0-4 in the division is main reason I have given up on the playoff thought. I will still be watching though.

Looking at the schedule, the only team who I would say is clearly better are the Pats in our final game, but it is in MIAMI, where we seem to have success against the Cheatriots. Can we go on a big run to end the season and make the playoffs, maybe? But we seem to overlook teams we should beat. This is just what this team ALWAYS does. :rolleyes2:

Looking back I could not have imagined how inept philbin was at building a competent staff and team. this thing was over the moment we hired him, and every season he was the head coach was over before it began. Campbell while I love the guy will be a good head coach, it probably won't be for us, and this team, it has so many holes (that a good coaching staff could overcome) that cannot be patched by either the players or the coaches, and the players that could help us to win are the ones who constantly stay injured. Just an unbelievable letdown that many of us should've have seen coming, and more than a few warned us about.

We are a big 6.5 point underdog going into Philly. IF we somehow can pull out a win, things get more interesting for at least another week.

Been a fan for more than 40 years. I have given up on the season. I have not given up on my team though.
Is hard as it will be to watch, I will.

If we had a better coaching staff, I'd say things are still somewhat open, in a small kind of way, despite 0-4 in the division....but I just don't trust Lazor. Could easily see this team going 0-6 in division, in fact, I'd be shocked if we win the next one against NY.
Coaching even then would have to be Belicheck level, the talent on the OL, LBs, and CB units are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Can anyone else even imagine our team taking a run late just to prove us all wrong once again?

it's been like this for way too long. add the fact that we cannot stop the run and it doesn't look good. I feel better about the cowboys making the playoffs. in that case, their qb is all the difference. we just lack talent. you have to recover from the offseason hype. you also have to realize it's hard to hide behind a bad OL, LB's and secondary.

That would be something, really something, to see.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you mean by giving up. Giving up = walking away and not watching? Giving up = knowing we're going nowhere.
Playoffs no way, 0-4 in the division is too much to overcome. Walking away and not watching? Some games, not all. It will depend on my mood.
And that's saying a lot. I record every game and burn them to discs. I have almost every win since the 90's.
I may just record the game then go back and watch it if we win.

I think a lot of people's "giving up the season" doesn't mean we won't be watching anymore. It simply means we don't any longer buy the preseason hype, and have realized it's the same old Dolphins. There will be no miracle outcome. There is no evidence of finishing strong and getting into the playoffs. By "giving up" it just means we have mentally prepared ourselves for another sub- par season. A season where, if your cousin needs help moving on a Sunday, you agree because you'll be in less pain Monday morning than by watching another performance. Still a Dolphins fan (if you still are here and haven't left by now you are HARDCORE) but I'm also a realist.

Back
Top Bottom