Are Phans Giving Up Too Early? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Phans Giving Up Too Early?

Any team worth a **** doesn't worry about their "paper" ranks. There was so much hype built around this team that even the players were certain we were good, based on what we did in the offseason.

I don't give a **** what happens in the draft, free agency, training camp and preseason. None of that **** matters until week 1.

Every year in the preseason we have this revelation about a player finally ready for a breakout year who does amazing in preseason (Tannehill). But it doesn't matter until the games are for real.

This team has been nothing but fool's gold since Marino and Shula left.

And winning the final meaningless game of the season when the Patriots are resting their starters for their playoff run is important because . . . ?

I guess we could then claim we didn't go winless in the division. :chuckle:

They wont be resting if they are 15-0. The last thing I want to see are those cheaters go undefeated.

The coaching staff was not the problem.

The players basically had a mutiny after the first game.

The team lacks talent and it especially lacks character.

It is painful having to repeatedly watch every NFL team run right over our Defense.

Watching RT is not much better. Even if the team was LOADED with talent, the NFL is ULTRA competitive and RT is simply NOT.

If we had a team that was STOCKED with blue chip players and we're in a tight game, do you honestly think RT will make the clutch plays in the 4th quarter to win the game?

He has never shown any ability to be clutch.

He is not the captain of the ship,
he is not the first mate,
he does not even know where the ship is chartered to go,

he is just an overpaid deck hand.

When was this a Tannehill thread? Nice job trying to push it though lmao. Three lines about the team rest of it Tannehill lol..... If you think coaching wasn't / isn't part of the problem then you don't know what your watching. It's everyone.

That only comes into play on tiebreakers, which we are likely, but not surely to have it come down to. Teams could go 0-4 in the division, but still win their division with a 12-4 record. Not likely, but possible.

I get that but we still play those teams 2 more times and several teams just as competitive and we have not shown anything that says we can beat them, from coaching down to special teams.

This team is complete and utter crap and anyone with any hope it's a masochist. That said I would love to be wong. But I'm not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They wont be resting if they are 15-0. The last thing I want to see are those cheaters go undefeated.

That would be something to see, 15-0 coming in to play the Phins. I'm sure the Don and the Dan would be there, as well as Phans like Da Bears game in days gone by.

If we had a QB with some grit 11-5 was on the table last season. Having that ability to elevate when the game is on the line is the most important quality in a QB for me. So I gave up on the franchise doing anything of significance the second we were eliminated from playoff contention last season as long as Tannehill is the QB.

I cannot recall giving up on the season this early with the team having "somewhat of a chance" to maybe do something, however unlikely. I may well lead this parade by my "Don't Care Anymore" thread weeks ago based on my expectations and disappointment. Now, I'm having just a glimmer of second thought.

It would just be like our Dolphins team to make us all look foolish yet again by winning, kinda like in the movies Major League and Bad News Bears. I cannot put doing something like this to it's Phans who have given up past this team, even without Wake, Delmas, and James. The remaining schedule has no VG teams other than Pats and maybe the Jets.

Can anyone else even imagine our team taking a run late just to prove us all wrong once again?

That would be something, really something, to see.

Didn't you quit 2 weeks ago? I even called you out on it.

In fact I did read that post. If you don't care as much, I don't understand why it makes a difference if people think the season is over.

8-8 may very will get a wild card spot at this rate. However, due to our conference record it won't be the Fins

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

If we had a QB with some grit 11-5 was on the table last season. Having that ability to elevate when the game is on the line is the most important quality in a QB for me. So I gave up on the franchise doing anything of significance the second we were eliminated from playoff contention last season as long as Tannehill is the QB.

Well, now we know what direction this thread will go...

I love my dolphins but this season is over. The defense is total crap and we can't protect our QB plus our play calling sucks. Let Tannehill throw deep he is a boss deep but Lazor calls dink and dunk all day. Yet our fans blame Tannehill when ALL of his options are short

We def still have a playoff shot. I'll root for the win no matter what. Main thing that's changed for me is attention paid to the team during the week. Next to none this week. I need 5-5 to really start getting some faith/excitement again.

That said, I still think if this team eliminates mistakes, penalties, and bogus calls/non calls they can beat anyone. The offense has to click for this team to do its thing.

Been a fan for more than 40 years. I have given up on the season. I have not given up on my team though.
Is hard as it will be to watch, I will.
Me too but 34 years. There just a 7-9 Team at best. Defense was a Epic Fail. Wasn't Tannehill wasn't the oline. It's was the defence giving up huge plays and making Alfred Morris look like a stud RB... Hopefully in off season . We revamp Linebackers and look for CB with are top 7 to 10 pick

There's too many better teams, period. Unlike you guys, I had my share of 1 & Dones in Marino's tenure. Year after year of teams just good enough to make the playoffs but light years away from winning a Super Bowl. (not counting the years in the late 80s where we were just bad).
I'd rather draft higher and build a team that is physically capable of making a run at the Lombardi trophy.

Dolphin teams have not been able to run or stop the run for years, and now we can't cover for crap either. We could have a 100 Dan Campbells but when you lose the LOS week in, week out, you lose and only play 16 games a year. Our FO better realize this and sell out to change this.

We've all seen this movie before. I don't blame folks for giving up, but I never will.

Back
Top Bottom